'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Tro: Great stuff! I would say the crane structure might be rusted in place, making it difficult to use. Power to the winch might also be a problem. However, the steel cable itself is still whole (more than enough to take the weight of one smaller than average man!) and who needs a winch when you have three Astartes! :D

Edit: @MG: if you want to edit your post to the pistol, that's cool. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, let's keep moving forward! :)

Next few placeholders filled, I think that is all of them.

Mazer, that was a ridiculous amount of firepower! Should we be worried about anybody having heard it?  

And very nice too, Tro.  Hope the glasses situation is resolved and your eyeballs aren't strained!

I got lucky brother, but the shells were all Stalker, 2 of which you now have :smile.: for a total of 10 expended from my magazine.

Of 60... :biggrin.:

No-one outside 20-30m would have heard anything but the working parts of Argo clunking and the thumps of flesh being pulped.  Once Holger is up, I'll take the time to police the brass as well.

If the Site is well known as a mafia-type dumping ground, the explosions could have been written off as shotgun fire, which leaves a big mess anyway, so only those in the know would suspect a bolter.

Technically, Stalker Bolts shouldn't be X (Explosive) but that's up for debate.

Oh, just thought, I should have put it in the main post but for Necro/Vesalius' benefit:

The Traveller suffered 8 Wounds.

Ithan suffered 6 Wounds. 

Svelk suffered 7 Wounds. 

Decimus suffered 11 Wounds.

@MG: if you want to edit your post to the pistol, that's cool. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, let's keep moving forward! :smile.:

@Lysimachus - Thanks. I edited my post to a single Bolt Pistol shot as I didn't have enough DoS after modifier's to stop the Immolator exploding. Now it's just a heavily wounded driver.

Sorry Mol you'll have to edit your post a little.

Orphiel carefully stowed Argo in the rucksack, and snatched up a shotgun.  Robe billowing out behind him, he marched to one of the cranes, pumping the gun.  Shells sprang from the ejection port until the weapon was empty.  He lifted the firearm in a high grip, ready to slam the butt down in a thunderous blow on the release lever.

He looked at Brynjarr and Radago, waiting.

Mazer, what did you have in mind here? do we need to also hit part of the crane mecanism, stnad by to pull the rope/chain, power up the power axe and cut something? 

Mazer, what did you have in mind here? do we need to also hit part of the crane mecanism, stnad by to pull the rope/chain, power up the power axe and cut something? 

I'm just going to smash the hell out of the spindle lock.  It will let the wire spool out and drop the no doubt very heavy crane hook.  Orphiel is just making sure you know that, and are clear, and it's ok for him to go ahead.

I'll clean it up a bit, I wrote it in a hurry.

Assuming the fifth word is actually the (and not knowing how to replicate the font so using – for any unknown letter) the message so far is

-----

---e  --------  --  the

----et  ------  --e-t----

-----  ----

----  the-

----  ---  -h-  the--e  he-e

---  -ht  -e-t  the-

---e  t-  the  ----e-  -e-t

---e  ----e  -ee-  the-  ----

-e-

Edited by Trokair

There we go, updated. I hope Beta like puzzles... :lol:

Do we get 50/50, Ask The Audience, and Phone A Friend?

If you get stuck I'll give you a hint... but it looks like Tro knows what he's doing! :D Edited by Lysimachus

Assuming the two letter word t- is to and there four letter word he-e is here, the message becomes:

R--or

-o-e  -----o--  --  the

--r-et  ------  --e-t-o--

--o--  ----

----  the-

----  o-t  -h-  the-re  here

---  -ho  -e-t  the-

-o-e  to  the  -ro-e-  -e-t

o--e  -o--e  -ee-  the-  ----

-e-

Now I need a short break, if you spot nay likly letters let me know I can fill in the gaps further. 

Edited by Trokair

Side point, you've missed a T at the end of the second word, sixth line. :)

Oh and start of the second word, fifth line.

And last word of third line.

Might be the background making it hard to see the dots but they are T's