'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Up to you re: the drink, I wasn't imagining you'd bother but maybe as a way in...?

(Not that there is enough muscle at the door to stop you if you do want to just enter!)

Re the drugs, its the usual stuff: Lho-sticks, maybe a bit of obscura, spook, grinweed, etc. None of them in large amounts, more personal stash than a dealer's supply, if that makes sense?

Edit: Things are moving a bit more for Beta now, so I'll probably restart Alpha with a post tomorrow, not sure am or pm but definitely before the weekend!

Edited by Lysimachus

Trust me lads, I've rolled much worse...

Sometimes twice! :biggrin.:

I think the direction you've gone is interesting Tro.  There's an old adage that "Bull:censored:  Baffles Brains," and the Crimelord here could still fail his roll.

Will be interesting to watch, but good thinking on the free hands, a Photon Flash Grenade might be of use when I kick the bottles over and we set fire to the place.

EDIT: Or S'ynek does a Conan the Destroyer, yells "Enough Talk" and throws a knife into one of Dex's Midnight Runners...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Will be interesting to watch, but good thinking on the free hands, a Photon Flash Grenade might be of use when I kick the bottles over and we set fire to the place.

Well, if it come to it Brynjarr dose have that one Photon Flash Grenade on him. Lets hope he dose better with it then the one he used in Episode 1 (he missed).

Most excellent!

In order to celebrate this, once this party starts, I shall post in an acapella style, using as many lyrics from Sophie Ellis Bextor's catalogue as feasible.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Side point: looking at sheets, I think Brynjarr gives the best Cohesion (Fel Bonus 4 + Command = 5) but I figure as there are only 3 of you, anyone can make the rolls to enter Squad Mode, etc (assuming you want to).

And now we're set up for the fight, I'll be working on a narrative post for Alpha.

I know it is probably a limitation of the map, but narratively speaking Brynjarr should be next to a table of some sort.

Also, what I assume is a raised area next to the tam with one civilian (the green As) and ganger D. how easy is that to climb, it might be an easier path to Dex then pushing through the dance floor.

If that’s the bar you can leave the position as is and I will edit my posts to have him place the drink bottles on the bar counter and change the comment about getting ready to flip the table over.

Bar would be more logical place to deposit the drinks is we were supposed to be delivering them.

Edit: Both posts have been amended to fit this new set up better, so no need to change the map.

Also if we want to enter squad mode using Brynjarr he could call a bolter assault at the count of “one” and use it to move and throw the photon flash grenade in the direction of the pit fighters. Sound like a plan?

Could someone remind me the rolls needed to enter squad mode, I have vague memories of it but mostly I have joined in rather than called it.  

Edited by Trokair

There are several ways to enter Squad Mode, the easiest of which is if you're Squad Leader.

If we're using your Fellowship, that means you're the boss.  Once per Session (obviously this is vague when dealing with PBP), as Leader you can enter Squad Mode as a Free Action or Reaction, without a test - and we can all elect to drop into it with you for free.

The rest below is bumpf for the interested and is for info only:

If we don't join you now, instead choosing to do so later on, we must pass what is called a Cohesion Challenge, where as a Free Action (or Reaction), we roll a D10, and must score equal to, or under our Cohesion number, in this case a 5.

If we fail the Cohesion Challenge we miss our turn, but start next turn in Squad Mode.

We may also elect to miss our turn (using a Full Action essentially), and Start in Squad Mode next turn.

For Squad Mode to remain active, we must:

• Have a minimum of 1 point of Cohesion
  • Be within Support Range of each other (30m, sound or sight)
  • Be in Squad Mode

A Marine cannot Squad Mode with himself.

As we use Squad Modes, our Cohesion dwindles.  However, once a Squad Mode has been activated, it remains activated for the duration of the Encounter, so if we wanted to do it again, one of us merely calls the Mode/Ability and we do not need to pay for it again.  As long as we have 1 point of Cohesion, it effectively becomes an infinite resource until every one of us is dead, unconscious, or the encounter ends.

If we use a different Squad Mode that drains all our Cohesion, that Squad Ability still goes off, but once it's complete, we all drop back into Solo Mode.

Finally, you may enter Squad Mode by spending a Fate point.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Sorry guys, was drowning in work this week. How do I make the initiative roll? Is it just a d10 +our Agi bonus?

Let me know so I can go butcher those big brutes and show this pathetic excuse for a crime boss you don’t mess with an Iron God…

You've got it Sobek, D10 + AG bonus (plus any additions to Init you have, like Paranoia etc).  You can always spend a Fate point to score a '10', which will put you acting first - you're allowed to roll first though!

Let's duff up some fewls for the Iron Gods, yarr! :pirate:

Lovely stuff, that means you're up first Sobek!

(Since all the squad are towards the start, you can probably all post your actions in whatever order though...? The Pit Fighter will probably just start slogging forward through the crowd)