'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Ok, started a Summary post for Beta. Tro, we'll say you're over the bar but not into engagement Range of Ganger D, but you can always Charge him with your regular Actions?

And added rolls for Photon Flash, pretty good result, more than half the enemy affected!

Added rolls for Photon Flash, pretty good result, more than half the enemy affected!

@Lysimachus - I suspect that you've rolled for the crowd of green A's too?

That's an excellent point, I forgot about the crowd!

Question: do Hordes have any mods +/- to avoid the effects of Photon/being Stunned?

I'm sure he'll be fine - Brynjarr has high Toughness, plenty of wounds - seriously the dude is a tank! :tongue.:

And if the roll fails lads, (I see Sobek has already passed with his sneaky little edit! :thumbsup: ) don't bother spending Fate to re-roll, you can simply spend the Fate Point and recover from being Stunned instantly - and no matter how many rounds it's for.  If you're in PA, the suit negates everything to a minimum of 1 round, so you can hoard your Fate a bit.

A reminder that there's a bonus of +20 to Hit a Stunned Target (WS/BS), and Stunned Characters may take no Actions, or Reactions.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ooh, well spotted Mazer, I missed Sobek's edit!

@Sobek: Yep, I think you'd struggle to get to him in your opening Move. But the Pit Fighter also then moved forward in his turn, so in your Bolter Assault Action you could Charge him (but as I understand it the attack as part of that Bolter Assault could only be with your Bolt Pistol?)

Also, I made an error with the terms, the Photon Grenade Blinds for 1d5 Rounds rather than Stuns. So for a Blinded character it's no Ranged Attacks and -30 to Melee attacks (and any other tests that rely on vision)

Ooh, well spotted Mazer, I missed Sobek's edit!

@Sobek: Yep, I think you'd struggle to get to him in your opening Move. But the Pit Fighter also then moved forward in his turn, so in your Bolter Assault Action you could Charge him (but as I understand it the attack as part of that Bolter Assault could only be with your Bolt Pistol?)

Also, I made an error with the terms, the Photon Grenade Blinds for 1d5 Rounds rather than Stuns. So for a Blinded character it's no Ranged Attacks and -30 to Melee attacks (and any other tests that rely on vision)

So technically if its just -30 to Vision Checks they could do Ranged attacks at -30 too

You'd think, but crb is quite clear (pg260) BS tests auto-fail, -30 on WS tests and most other tests that benefit from vision.

But if they just close their eyes and count it as Darkness they can fire at -30 (p247)

Evil Gangers that don't care - Spray and Pray p245 'Counted As' Suppressing Fire?

Edited by Machine God

Nice! I'm out at the mo, but obviously even if H Dodges the first hit, he wont avoid the second and no way will he survive the plasma pistol!

@Tro: As Orphiel (or even Radago) has declared the Bolter Assault in Round 2, to keep things in order I'll count the move + shoot you've just done as your Bolter Assault actions. So you've still got your regular Turn to take? (another chance to take out that Stubber?)

Ok, post edited/updated, initial action became bolter assult, normal action was more of the same. 

Assuming the ganger fails to dodge he should be well and truly dead with overkill, fear reaction test for Dex on having somone next to him be so decimated/getting covered in the remains? 

Edited by Trokair

We have you, Brother. :thumbsup:

Don't worry about Bolter Assault for now unless you want the extra movement - it will likely be best for you to stay in your Solo Mode for the duel.  These are mechanics that Lysi and the rest of us can work out.  When you charge the  victim  er, Target, I take it it's going to be both blades doing the Mc'Stabbin?