'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Alpha: does anyone want to agree/disagree with Vesalius suggestion of moving on to the next room ASAP? If all are happy, I'll move you into the Chapel either late tonight/some time tomorrow.

@Beta: Sobek still seems to be currently out of comms range, so unless he posts or I hear from him today, I'll assume that Radago chose the easier option of dropping down to the pad and will join Brynjarr in entering through the main door now Orphiel has opened it. Again, I'll update either tonight/tomorrow!

does squad alpha want to hold here? We can make the entryway into this chamber a kill zone, and the sisters may hesitate to use their most powerful to avoid damaging the statue.

@BC & Necro - If we'd had time to prepare Svelk could've rigged the statue with his special box of tricks

Squad Alpha:

The logic of your Apothecary's suggestion is self-evident, so you hurry through the portal at the far end of the storeroom and enter the Chapel.

The Nave must be very grand indeed for this room to be described by Toks as 'lesser'. It is a long, rectangular chamber built from ornately carved stone. On your left a covered aisle runs the length of the room, separated from the main space by a series of arches and lit by small, promethium-fed torches. In front of you stone steps lead down into the Chapel and on the opposite side an identical set lead up to another long colonnade. More portals are visible beyond it, presumably leading into other underground storerooms.

@Lysimachus - What's on the right side? Does it mirror the left side?

(Edit: Typo)

Edited by Machine God

Just so I can respond for Ithan, is Draak asking just for the sake of a bit of vandalism to offend the sisters, or has he got something else in mind?

Oops, ninja'd!

So to think of it in plan view, it's a long rectangle on its side. Running along the top and bottom long sides are the covered colonades and steps. At the left-hand short side is the statue, at the right-hand end is the steps up to the main door. You've entered in the top left corner. Don't worry, you'll get a pic soon! ;)

Just so I can respond for Ithan, is Draak asking just for the sake of a bit of vandalism to offend the sisters, or has he got something else in mind?

@Lysimachus - I'm not sure if I had anything in mind really, I was just trying to work 'stuff out' in the old noggin without a picture to draw upon.

Draak is probably asking a question in a case of professional curiosity about his shearhook.

Although after posting I half expect that Odyseus would pipe up with an opinion if he has telekinetic powers...

(Edit: Mentioned Odyseus)

Edited by Machine God

Good luck Alpha in dealing with the Mortifier.

@Trokair - Penitent Engine.

A pentient engine is for run of the mill heretics and traitors, Mortifiers are a variant specifically for Sisters that have transgressed beyond even Repentia status, and are designed for even more suffering of the intrurned.   

Newish, 8th edition codex stuff.

The one with the coffin thing is the Mortifier. It's armoured so the sister stays alive longer so as to suffer more compared to normal penitent engines.

99120108035_ASMortifierLead.jpg

Edit: Small correction, the coffin fronted one is an Anchorite, like a Mortifier, but reserved for sisters that have sinned even worse than those that are put into regular mortifiers. The church truly knows no bounds when it comes to evil, are we sure the Ecclesiarchy is not chaos undivided?

Edited by Trokair