'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

On 12/8/2021 at 11:32 PM, Mazer Rackham said:

*Casually looks up the Grappling rules...again...but casual*

@MR - Great minds think alike.

Although Astartes Vs Anchorite Mortifier has echoes of Robocop Vs Robocop II.

Edited by Machine God
Typo

Just a pinch of caution here: Mecha-Streisand is a Size bigger than you, which means they will automatically gain 1 DoS on a pass of any Opposed STrength test, and if the arms have a Unnatural Strength they will pass with a cumulative +1 DoS per level of Unnatural Strength, so you could be facing up to 3 DoS just for the target passing by a pip.

The only way to counter this would be to activate Solo Mode Feat of Strength, which bumps you up to Unnatural Strength x 3.

Don't let me stop you though!  RIP AND TEAR.

is there any way for our resident mind-wizard to fry the human inside the Mortifier?

@BC - Hopefully. I mean if he can Gate the party across thousands of miles of space to reach a moonbase in episode 1, surely he could do the same to the Morty.

(Edit: typo)

Edited by Machine God

I think AT said he's running his Shield and starting up Iron Arm for parrying in Round 1, I'm not sure how many things he can use at once...?

And yep, 2 Weapon Wielder, plus the Flail can do multiple Hits with each attack (although it's not quite as insta-killy as the Buzz-blade!)

For reference though, once Decimus has taken his turn, the Morty will only be able to move 12m forward as a Full Action (or possibly 6m Half action and a shot from its guns) as it isn't within 18m for a Charge in Round 1? So you do still have some time to bring it down?

Svelk's suggestion is a good one too, Called Shots maybe?

is there any way for our resident mind-wizard to fry the human inside the Mortifier?

Smite is a 7m radius blast that does not ignore armour. It would have been hit or miss against the body, and as the penitent was running free Odysseus opted to get up a defensive power first.

It'll be ~2500xp before he can pick up his anti vehicle/walker/bulkhead power, until then called shots and krak grenades.

@MR - Well Decimus and Draak have to hope to get to hit rolls of between 17 - 95 then.

Well yes, and no.

...until then called shots and krak grenades.

As AT says, Called shots and Krak grenades.

Yes, you can Called Shot a Krak Grenade.  The required action to ready a grenade is only half, which can then be followed by a Called Shot.  You can split this over two rounds if you want an aim bonus:

Half-Action: Ready Grenade

Half-Action: Half Aim (+10 to Hit)

Then:

Half-Action: Called Shot (grenade)

+Any other Half-Action.

It must be in this order though, as after an aim, the next action must have the Attack subtype or the benefits are lost.

Also, for the Devs, a FAB will probably get the full 6 hits, so at least some will go into the limbs and have a decent chance of popping some SI off?

@Lysimachus - That's what I meant when I replied to MR. To Hit rolls of 17 - 58 and 59 - 68 hit left and right legs (reversed to 71 - 85 and 86 - 95 [96 - 00 is a jam]). Locations: Leg, Leg, Body, Body (Draak can get Leg, Leg, Leg, Leg, Body, Body because of the Recoil Baffling).

FAB To Hit rolls looking at +55% to BS (20 FAB +20 Size + 10 Close Range + 5 (Traveller's Path)) .

Damage not including RF: 13 to 22 - 18 (AV18 - 5 Pen + 5 TGH) = -5 to 4.

(Edit: typo)

Edited by Machine God

Just to throw another alternative out there, a FAB towards the Sisters on the stairs might clear their numbers enough for Svelk to jump over the Morty and look for the remote without getting several bolters + heavy bolter to the head at point blank range...

Just to throw another alternative out there, a FAB towards the Sisters on the stairs might clear their numbers enough for Svelk to jump over the Morty and look for the remote without getting several bolters + heavy bolter to the head at point blank range...

@Lysimachus - That was my first idea to sort out the Sister's of Battle but we've sort of got fixed on the Mortifier. It also hinges on the actions of the Mortifier too