'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

With Oath Taking being mentioned and our KT Leader being a Tactical, that gives us:

• Oath of the Astartes (+2 Cohesion)
  • Oath to The Emperor (+10 WP Tests)
  • Oath to Glory (seems fitting) (+1 Renown Per Objective Completed)
  • Oath of Loyalty (+10 to Resist Cohesion Damage, +1 to Cohesion Tests)

Just a reminder to everyone that it also affects which SQD Modes we can take. (Since a lot of us have been playing in games with house rules where we can take them all).

What do we think?

MR.

Gah, I'd either missed or forgotten the effect on Squad Modes... (new GMs :rolleyes:) if it's the generally accepted house rule to allow them all regardless of Oath, I'm cool with that, so don't worry on that score in your deliberations! Thanks for the reminder, Mazer! :)

No worries, Lys.

Just having a quick peruse of DW: Core, Oath of Glory is +1 Renown for Primary and Secondary Objectives that the Kill-team complete, as long as the Battle Brother/Player is personally involved.  So potentially a nice little bit of Renown/Infamy.

I agree with Cohort.  With the weight the Iron Gods place on personal gain and a good scrap, it sticks out as something a Chapter/band of cutthroats would identify with.

Thoughts?

MR.

I think the loyalty angle will really start to come out organically in play, as we begin to rely on each other etc.

You lads are bending My/Orphiel's head about where you come from and how you tick.

Not trying to work out if you're all TOTALLY LOYAL Astartes of the robe wearing persuasion. :whistling:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I forget who suggested it, but attempting to interdict an enemy vessel and interrogating the crew would likely be fruitful. Otherwise we might try stopping in at a noteworthy port-of-call in the area and see what information we can glean from the locals, willing or not.

Edit: However, Vesalius is no expert on void warfare and I don't want to steal the thunder of whichever of the rest of you made the original suggestion in the OOC thread (sorry I can't find the post!).

Edited by Necronaut

Yes it is.

A trading post and toll station.

Those guys need supplies from somewhere.  Could be a lot of loitering in space lanes, monitoring traffic.  What kind of groups are operating in the area? Captain Achard would be familiar with them - perhaps there is an opportunity there.

Might not even have to hijack a ship, maybe there's a sympathetic group who are more afraid of Varn than these new guys.  Bit of arm twisting, and they carry us inside - after all, it was the "wiser" travellers, who told Varn in the first place.

Thoughts?

MR.

Certainly! I think finding a high traffic area and lying in wait while operating at minimum power and either simply follow or board and interrogate the crew of a passing merchant ship(s) could be a good starting point.

All sounds good.

Even better than breaching or boarding, what about being carried on as cargo?

After loitering to see what kind of scum we're dealing with, hole a shuttle, leave loot in it and sit there for a week in armour, sending out a distress call for a ship we've heard operating in the area, waiting to be towed aboard something?  Bit of a risk, I grant.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

In terms of boarding actions - something to be expanded on in the ongoing discussion between Odysseus and Kai is that the librarian has short range teleportation powers.

It has a few limits such as needing line of sight, relatively close proximity (no more than 3500km at his current power level), and the minor risk of being thrown into the void but it is relatively stealthy. Of course you need to cut your way inside once on the hull.