Nostalgia - Missing GW Bits Service

techsoldaten

All my Vulture Chapter helmets came via Bitz buying at Games Day. $.25 a gram last time I bought them in bulk (200-250 helmets or so).

gallery_2_3709_2811.jpg

Some damn well painted minis in there

you stand in the presence of an honoured chapter ancient a hero of a bygone age. Hi deeds legendary his skill earned in a time before the spilling of nuln oil.

(also remember when we all made our own avatars for the legio BnC? that was a great thread)

....upcoming mystery announcement the return of the bits service? :teehee:

GW better be listening.

(Hint: they aren’t)

Well, they should be.

The lack of a bits service is why I have a 3D printer. By outsourcing the cost of producing bits to myself, GW's bottom line is protected.

Not every company has a customer base that will produce small batch aftermarket parts to support their products. That kind of loyalty is something to brag about with investors.

All my Vulture Chapter helmets came via Bitz buying at Games Day. $.25 a gram last time I bought them in bulk (200-250 helmets or so).

gallery_2_3709_2811.jpg

Some damn well painted minis in there

you stand in the presence of an honoured chapter ancient a hero of a bygone age. Hi deeds legendary his skill earned in a time before the spilling of nuln oil.

(also remember when we all made our own avatars for the legio BnC? that was a great thread)

I don’t, I’ve only been lurking these forums for 2-3 years now

Stating the obvious, but offering the bitz service was predicated on manufacturing products in bitz.

I don’t think there’s anything like that left in the main range, and even most Forge World stuff is often gated in fairly unrelated combinations now.

Direction of travel is clearly away from it ever being practical again. That gun you want is spread across 4 different CAD-optimized slivers of torso, leg, pauldron and backpack, easiest way to get it is to build the monopose or borderline-monopose model it’s attached to and then cut it apart again.

I’m far more nostalgic for genuinely flexible plastic kits than the buying options.

Stating the obvious, but offering the bitz service was predicated on manufacturing products in bitz.

I don’t think there’s anything like that left in the main range, and even most Forge World stuff is often gated in fairly unrelated combinations now.

Direction of travel is clearly away from it ever being practical again. That gun you want is spread across 4 different CAD-optimized slivers of torso, leg, pauldron and backpack, easiest way to get it is to build the monopose or borderline-monopose model it’s attached to and then cut it apart again.

I’m far more nostalgic for genuinely flexible plastic kits than the buying options.

god emperor this i HATE with a burning passion of a Blood angel who everyone around him is starting to look like a bald traitor the move to these neo monopose minis.

• 2 weeks later...

they stopped it because it was costing more to run it and supply it than it was making.

One funny sorry relates to some wheels and various empire bits for fantasy.

At a GW staff meeting they said that those particular pieces had been sold to one individual in the last year, Just one sale.

As it happened it was one of the staff, and so to rub salt in the wound he'd got them at 50% discount and delivered to store at their expense!

Ah, Bits Service how I miss thee.

With increasingly stuff being plastic It'd be really nice if they'd bring back the ability to order entire individual sprue. Can't help but notice where they did have such options (LR Crusader springs to mind) they've been disappearing.

Reading between the lines did they actually listen to customers and start doing this for Adeptus Titanicus in that you can buy just a weapons sprue (not any sprue, but still better than nothing).