Edmund Blackadder in the 41st Millennium - Conversion ideas

Beaky Brigade

I did have another take that might be interesting but a bit out there.

You could set it on a human world recently conquered by the Tau and Blackadder is a human noble (Gue vessa, I know I haven’t spelled that right so apologies) who has volunteered to liaise with the new ruler in the hope of furthering his own fortune. George could then take on the role of a naive Tau ruler who doesn’t understand humans very well and how they can be cunning (like in Blackadder III). Baldrick can just be Blackadder’s servant from before the invasion, Melchit could be a more suspicious tau official (kind of like his role in Blackadder II) and flashheart could be the leader of the human resistance on the planet.

Some very interesting suggestions. I was looking for one definitive answer but given the scope of the 41st millennium there's certainly options for a whole dynasty of Blackadders in different situations. The Tau one does sound interesting as it's one of the situations that would have more subtle politics, and I can imagine Blackadder collaborating before the ink was dry on the surrender documents.

I was thinking of using Canis Rex as a basis because he has the Blackadder II beard, and then I spotted this rather pleasant coincidence...

I think you guys nailed it.  Many great ideas here, but that is absolutely brilliant.

Brother Beaky, I saw your project where you had that surrendering officer coming out of the pothole.  You so got this.

Take your time, but I look forward to seeing this.  And hopefully by the time you're done, we'll get rules for Tau Auxiliaries.  It may NOT be this edition, might come in some White Dwarf or whatever, so no rush.  But this is goddamn hilarious.

Just a thought on this. The Blackadders lose influence as the series progress.. He is much less important to the realm in goes forth than in the first Blackadder. He goes from influening history to being unable to do anything against its forces. Which suits the grimdark pretty well I think. He wouldn't be the one sinng the peace treaty with the Tau, he'd be the one trying to deal wwth the messed up logistics of the imperial guard coming into contact with the Greater Good. protecting his neck from teh decisions of the Ruperts doing the signing

Just a thought on this. The Blackadders lose influence as the series progress.. He is much less important to the realm in goes forth than in the first Blackadder. He goes from influening history to being unable to do anything against its forces. Which suits the grimdark pretty well I think. He wouldn't be the one sinng the peace treaty with the Tau, he'd be the one trying to deal wwth the messed up logistics of the imperial guard coming into contact with the Greater Good. protecting his neck from teh decisions of the Ruperts doing the signing

"Ah, now, this’ll be it! [goes outside] Yes, it’s one of the Emperor's carrier cherubs."

"No, it isn’t, that pigeon couldn’t carry the Emperor! Hasn’t got a tray or anything!

"Lieutenant, your laspistol please."

"Oh now sir, you really shouldn't do this, you know..."

"Come on, George, with 50 million men dying every week, who's going to miss a cherub?"

+++

"The war started because of the vile T'au and their villainous empire-building!"

"George, the Imperium at present covers the majority of the known galaxy, while the T'au Empire consists of a small drone factory on the far side of the Damocles Gulf. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front."

"Oh, no, sir, absolutely not. [aside, to Baldrick]   Mad as a Basilisk."

+++

"Good to hear you've been practicing your Low Gothic..."

"We appear to be under attack by a green hedge."

"No, Consul, that's not a hedge, that's the orks...!"

++++

Have to say, the idea of him as a Rogue Trader or Inquisitorial Henchman is just excellent.

I think I prefer the latter, as it gives scope to embed him in a rigid hierarchy from which he cannot escape.

Plus then you can have flasheart as an actual Rogue Trader, swashbuckling in and causing much general chaos ("Hey sisters, look at my Mechanicum!" *screams * *bolter fire* *Flasheart (complete with bionic eye) dives into the room, a few stray bolts detonating off his refractor field before the blast doors slam shut behind him*

though i have to say, doing Blackadder Goes Forth on some sort of long siege-of-vraks style trench war really does something for me.

"Looks what I've got for you sir"

"what?"

"The latest issue of The Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer!  Oh, damn inspiring stuff! The magazine that tells the Guard the truth about the war.”

“Or alternatively, the greatest work of fiction since vows of fidelity were included in Drukhari Wych Cult joining ceremonies."

" Come, come, sir, now. You can’t deny that this fine newspaper is good for the morale of the men."

"Certainly not, I just think that more could be achieved by giving them some real toilet paper. "

"Not with you at all, sir. What could any patriotic chap have against this magnificent mag?"

"Apart from his bottom?"

"Well, yes."

"Well look at it. I mean the stuff’s about as convincing as Goge Vandire. The Astra Militarum are all portrayed as six foot six with biceps the size of Belis Corona."

and so forth and so on.

Sorry. I feel like I'm enjoying the topic too much to be constructive. :D

"Ah, now, this’ll be it! [goes outside] Yes, it’s one of the Emperor's carrier cherubs."

"No, it isn’t, that pigeon couldn’t carry the Emperor! Hasn’t got a tray or anything!

"Lieutenant, your laspistol please."

"Oh now sir, you really shouldn't do this, you know..."

"Come on, George, with 50 million men dying every week, who's going to miss a cherub?"

+++

"The war started because of the vile T'au and their villainous empire-building!"

"George, the Imperium at present covers the majority of the known galaxy, while the T'au Empire consists of a small drone factory on the far side of the Damocles Gulf. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front."

"Oh, no, sir, absolutely not. [aside, to Baldrick] Mad as a Basilisk."

+++

"Good to hear you've been practicing your Low Gothic..."

"We appear to be under attack by a green hedge."

"No, Consul, that's not a hedge, that's the orks...!"

++++

Have to say, the idea of him as a Rogue Trader or Inquisitorial Henchman is just excellent.

I think I prefer the latter, as it gives scope to embed him in a rigid hierarchy from which he cannot escape.

Plus then you can have flasheart as an actual Rogue Trader, swashbuckling in and causing much general chaos ("Hey sisters, look at my Mechanicum!" *screams * *bolter fire* *Flasheart (complete with bionic eye) dives into the room, a few stray bolts detonating off his refractor field before the blast doors slam shut behind him*

though i have to say, doing Blackadder Goes Forth on some sort of long siege-of-vraks style trench war really does something for me.

"Looks what I've got for you sir"

"what?"

"The latest issue of The Imperial Guardsman's Uplifting Primer! Oh, damn inspiring stuff! The magazine that tells the Guard the truth about the war.”

“Or alternatively, the greatest work of fiction since vows of fidelity were included in Drukhari Wych Cult joining ceremonies."

" Come, come, sir, now. You can’t deny that this fine newspaper is good for the morale of the men."

"Certainly not, I just think that more could be achieved by giving them some real toilet paper. "

"Not with you at all, sir. What could any patriotic chap have against this magnificent mag?"

"Apart from his bottom?"

"Well, yes."

"Well look at it. I mean the stuff’s about as convincing as Goge Vandire. The Astra Militarum are all portrayed as six foot six with biceps the size of Belis Corona."

and so forth and so on.

Sorry. I feel like I'm enjoying the topic too much to be constructive. :D

Well, I hope so, Blackadder. You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Inquisition, it's never ignore a Genestealer Cult. I knew an Inquisitor who got wind of one, made the mistake of ignoring the signs. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the cultists who fooled him had been fooling lot of other Inquisitors who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs! In the end, we had to exterminatus the whole planet. Population totally destroyed—by pooh-pooh!