++ Monstra Sumus: Triumvirate of Ruin ++

Well maces were invented for such a purpose. Why bother trying to pierce armor when you can just comcuss the head or break the bones Inside?

My thoughts exactly! Hammers, Fists, and mauls for my boys with the odd sword at squad sergeant level.

++Marinus Status Malus++

"Advantage through misdirection is not dishonorable. It is strategic. It is adaptive. It is war. Gain the advantage over your enemy, step closer to victory in His name. For the honor of your Chapter, you will seek the advantage."

--Vigilator Drakkert during his holo-presentation to newly assigned battle group commanders.

--------------------------------

Work in progress update for the Vigilators.

Veterans of the First Company they accompany large gatherings of Malevolents for dual purpose; to offer their wealth of combat knowledge and to ensure that all brother-marines are complying with Chapter mandate, called Watchdogs by the frater familiar of the Chapter. These are members of the Fighting Fourth veteran attack squad (Bladeguard Veteran rules). Veteran Sergeant Toareg and his FF will act as body guard to Force Commander Ghor'Hatan.

The MK6 Vigilator's shock maul will be on a sling around the wrist as he draws his pistol for the old sneaky gut shot. This will be done with green stuff at the time I set to battle damage on the shield.

gallery_41766_16996_7502.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_16342.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_12765.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_54965.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_20446.jpg

Cheers!

++Marinus Status Malus++

"Frater Lupus, Miles Sanguine, Ungaro Tigris? You will see other-seed among our ranks. It matters not, we not hold contempt, quest-aff. We find them or they find us, matters not. Court-martial under seed-oath found them loyal and so they have option. Enlist or exile to deep void. Most choose enlist and become Frater Malus. You see, they understand as we understand, only the pure serve Him truly. No matter the stain of their Chapter, their creed, their seed. They serve as we do, and that is enough. After all, he will sort our souls at the end. I shepard them until such time. Vis Sanctimonia, frater."

-- Chaplain-Aspirant Brakka, Veteran Sergeant of Assault Squad Sabre, addressing newly recruited initiates of the Chapter on why certain members of the Battle-groups assault echelon bear other Chapters insignia upon their war plate.

--------------------------------

Work in progress update for Assault Squad Sabre (Veteran Intercessor rules). This one I'm excited to paint when it is time. I figured what better way to continue my theme than to sprinkle some unique Brothers. This assault squad is comprised of veteran Malevolents and their adopted frater from Lost Chapters they have picked up in their travels.

gallery_41766_16996_30411.jpg

Frater Solom

gallery_41766_16996_52176.jpg

Frater Grantz

gallery_41766_16996_49468.jpg

Adopted-Frater Luciano, Formerly of the Knights of Blood

gallery_41766_16996_26470.jpg

Adopted-Frater Sigvar, Formerly of the Wolf Brothers

gallery_41766_16996_11322.jpg

Adopted-Frater Kha'an, Formerly of the Tiger Claws

gallery_41766_16996_42026.jpg

Cheers!

Looking good!!!

Thanks space wolf!

Some amazing conversions

Thank you Triszin, I try to make every Marine unique. I think the last time I used stock pose Marines or unedited ones was circa 2003!

Amazing conversions, they're full of character and details, and I'm loving every bit of the fluff! Never would I have thought I would hold any simpathy for the Marines Malevolent, but you manage to give a lot of flavour to their apparent callousness!

At that is why I am doing what I do Elzender! To me it makes no sense for the way they were written. They've been around since M32 and the only info we have are a bunch of books where they are a 2d villain trope. There has to be reasons why they act the way they do so I am attempting to breath some life into their background that makes them more than the sum of Nick Kimes fall guy.

Love tge idea that the MM would be willing to accept loyal orphans from disgraced chapters, it’s briliant!

The only issue I see here is the choice of Wolf Brothers… The chapter had already disappeared by M32 (according to the novel Battle of the Fang), so a survivor in the “current” era would be unlikely, no?

Love tge idea that the MM would be willing to accept loyal orphans from disgraced chapters, it’s briliant!

The only issue I see here is the choice of Wolf Brothers… The chapter had already disappeared by M32 (according to the novel Battle of the Fang), so a survivor in the “current” era would be unlikely, no?

I had considered leaving the WB off but when I take into account the cryo-statis practices of the Chapter (atleast that I have made head-canon) they could have very well picked up the sole survivor of a combat squad in the aftermath of the WBs ultimately demise.

I figure both being from M32 and having statis vaults is believable enough.

Better than time travel warp shenanigans at the very least!

Assault Intercessors rock

Thanks Sarge! I always appreciate your feedback.

Very tacticool, I love the veteran look to these guys and warhammer needs more maces.

It's my goal to make an entire battle company of raggedy ass Marines filled to the brim with supplies and bad attitude.

++Marinus Status Malus++

"They find me in underhive, a thousand eyes. Nidhogg surrounded me. Move, shoot, move, shoot, three days! Ehhh...is okay. Why? Because Nidhogg no expect to get punched, eh?"

-- Sergeant Haagr swapping monestary stories with frater from another battlegroup. Fondly patting his Tang pattern power glove, he spoke late into the simulated night cycle aboard the cruiser, regaling his cousins with tales of Tyranid encounters.

-----‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Pearson73 - Soooooon

So it looks like, thanks to the points changes, I have enough points in my planned 3k to upgrade my troop officers from swords to FISTS.

A staple of my old force, I am a sucker for a good power glove.

Sergeant Chono
gallery_41766_16996_40619.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_5046.jpg

Sergeant Haaz

gallery_41766_16996_115443.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_70119.jpg

Sergeant Haagr

gallery_41766_16996_97585.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_48804.jpg

Cheers! Edited by NomadPainting

that chainfist is nifty!

Thanks! I never liked the fist but needed to use it and figured a good way would be to make it spicy would be to slap a chain bayonet on it!

I love how Sergeant Haaz, despite having a Power fist on his left hand, has decided to punch whatever he's facing with his non-powered hand, his target does not deserve a quick end

Oh absolutely! I was like Haaz is the kind of guy to throw down with some fisticuffs! Play with his foe before going in for the old one two falcon punch.

I really like the use of the Chain Bayonet on the fist.  I'll have to consider that for my future Terminators.

Consider away! It fits nicely with a very slight trim to the curvature of the fist.

++Marinus Status Malus++

The Disagreement would follow Sergeant Chono and Combat Squad Jackal throughout the centuries. Seen as the instigator for reform during the 34th Millenium, Chono made a resolute promise to remain with his frater on the front lines. Offered promotion time and again he respectfully refused with each commendation. He even sought the assistance of the Reclusium to deter Chapter Command from thrusting more recommendations for career advancement his way. He could very well have had his own battle company. Yet, that would take him away from the bonds forged in Aeldari blood. Seed-claim has been documented and CS-JKL will remain embedded within the force familiar aboard the Purgatorum, under command of Chono until death take him or he is replaced.

--Personnel Packet Entry, reviewed by Force Commander Ghor'Hatan

-----‐----------------------------------------------------------------------

@space wolf may have to name one of them Barton!

Finished assembling Squad Jackal. They are ready for painting now and can be stored alongside Squad Raider.

gallery_41766_16996_47489.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_57524.jpg

Frater Amariz, with assault bolter and "scrunt-gun".

gallery_41766_16996_129879.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_32912.jpg

Frater Karensk, with modified phobos bolter and eye wound.

gallery_41766_16996_86434.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_81332.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_55441.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_58100.jpg
gallery_41766_16996_37132.jpg

Cheers! Edited by NomadPainting

I had considered leaving the WB off but when I take into account the cryo-statis practices of the Chapter (atleast that I have made head-canon) they could have very well picked up the sole survivor of a combat squad in the aftermath of the WBs ultimately demise.

I figure both being from M32 and having statis vaults is believable enough.

Better than time travel warp shenanigans at the very least!

Another, Black Library established, option could be a sus-an coma, floating in the void of space, where the chapter happened upon him.

Either way, pretty cool :tu:

@Grotsmasha there is that! Wouldn't be the first time a sus-an coma has popped up!

++UPDATE++

Like a wayward child I have returned back to my roots in this hobby. Like a jilted lover I just cannot stay away from the O.G Angry Marines. 

This thread is official raised from the dead with a full blown revival of my Marines Malevolent project. I shall be aiming to build the 5th Company in all its gory glory from rank and file troops to vehicles. Much like my old 3rd Company project, which I regrettably had to sell to fund some travel expenses. Anything before this post should be considered merely a rough sketch, everything beyond this post is to be considered the beginning of this journey. 

Buckle up, comrades. It's going to be one hell of a ride. 

Let's go!

Edited by NomadPainting

• 4 months later...

++MARINUS STATUS MALUS++

Scythia Minoris - Desperation Conflux - Somnium Stars - Ultima Segmentum - 999.M41

The Strike Cruiser Excelsior of the Marines Malevolent hurtled through the warp at breakneck speed. The ships Master of Navigation spasmed in his seizure-harness against the maelstrom around him, pricking and eating at his flesh as if he was the very ship itself. The hull rattled and creaked, bulkheads hissed and things flashed in and out through the protective Gellar field shrouding the vessel. One such thing apparated onto Causeway Fifty-Fifty leading into the Arming Chamber of the ships Astartes compliment. A pallid wretched thing of limbs too long and a silently shrieking mouth of shark teeth stretching on into infinity orbiting a miasma of purple light. It reached out its clawed and bloody fingers, impossibly long, to grope at the presence approaching it. The maw chattered and extended and connected with the war plate of Lieutenant Kharst of the Marines Malevolent 5th Company. The apparition exploded into a cloud of glimmering flies before they sparkled out of existence. The officer didn't even break stride as he passed through the aether-ghost, the foot falls of two other Space Marines echoing behind him.

"We are to translate in sixty solar time according to Master Triiosh. I want Jackal ready to drop the second our dee-zee is staked. Get Bohaus secured in the drop-crate."

The two Astartes that flanked the Lieutenant into the Arming Chamber were polarizing elements, the one on the left, Chono, was a brute of a man in scarred and chipped yellow armor. A massive power glove flexed on his right hand, an inert chain blade grafted to the outward edge of the weapon and a wicked halo of wrought iron spikes jutted from his antiquated power pack. The one on the right, Gorghan, was a ghost of a figure, smoke black armor, his footsteps seemed to ring softer than his counterparts and the chameleon cloak draped across his shoulders rattled ever so faintly with his movements, the sound like crystalized rain. The hulking Sergeant of combat squad Jackal slammed his non-weaponized fist into his breastplate and sharply turned on his heel as the Chamber opened up before them. He barked orders at four Marines dispersed among the armorium benches. The Lieutenant continued his advance through the ships interior, heading straight for the very heart of the void born fortress.

"Gorghan you are to drop the S.O.G first and find optimal terrain for the TDA and Jackal. Get eyes on the bastards and paint their command element."

The Eliminator Sergeant nodded once and dissolved into the twisting arteries off the main causeway. The Lieutenant continued his forward movement towards a shimmering blue energy field obscuring a heavy skull embossed vault. Red beams stabbed out at him from concealed gun positions on either side of the vault and scan-coded his ident-tag marked into his gorget. The twin linked heavy bolters swiveled back on themselves and the vault portal spiraled open revealing an entrenched kill zone of dual bunkers manned by ships ratings. The hard eyed mortal soldiers snapped salutes at the Lieutenant as he prowled past them, the armor piercing shotguns on short slings over their reinforced flak armor. Kharst mounted the short flight of stairs before him, the metal groaning under his bulk and his bald head brushed the low hanging bulk head as he passed into the Apothecarion.

"Malik. Combat drop in solar-seventy. You will accompany me with the sole purpose of Prescription. Command mandate, you can run auth-code alpha-seven-seven to confirm. Get your seed-holter Apothek. It's time to harvest."

--

The Excelsior spun in a wide arc as she birthed out of the warp. The seismic rattle of the after-birth screamed through the vox network and blew out several minor data-banks. Correcting herself she slipped with increasing speed into high orbit around a shadowed moon in a suffocating close orbit to the Scythia gas giant. The Task Force, designated Sleeping Dragon, had been briefed during translation on what was expected of them. A week prior Company Command has been hailed by Inquisition agents whilst the 5th company underwent xenocide routines in the Ghoul Stars. According to the data-burst a small force of renegade operatives had used outdated identification tags to force their way into an Imperial Navy locker. The scrap code left behind had consumed almost all traces of the instigators yet there was a single data-string that had survived the deep-mine. Once run through proper resolution it had given the Inquisitorial agents precisely one second of raw camera footage. It showed a wash of flame venting through a corridor and an obscured hulking figure passing through. The image capture forward to the Company Command had been very obvious despite its haze in dying pixilation. The curve of a slate gray shoulder plate and a skull of pearl on a field of black. Relictors. Renegades. Traitors.

--

The smoke wafted across the field of battle like a fog sent by the heralds of death. It clung to the armored forms that stalked through it. Kharst stepped over a low wall and down into the rubble beyond, his armored boots crunching into a still smoking skeletal corpse. Sparks and curling flecks of black ash puffed out revealing a half buried Relictor space marine. Broken fingers twitched at the Malevolent as he came to a stop before the wounded renegade. Placing one heavy foot dead center on the breathing corpse he leant his bulk directly onto the enemy. Wide blood shot eyes regarded the Lieutenant from behind shattered lenses. Those eyes were full of impotent rage as the relic-thief tried to talk, only managing to hack bloody froth out through his vox-grille. The massive chain blade he struck down the renegade with had become lodged in the central mass of the enemy, having bitten into something vital and paralyzed his foe.

Kharst sneered at the downed foe and shifted his boot up and onto the helmet. He pushed his full weight onto the grounded combatant and ended his suffering in a crunch of ceramite. Malik, the Apothek, watched his superior officer from the ruins of a blasted guard room surrounded by Scythiam Planetary Defense Force corpses. He waited patiently for his turn to harvest the enemy dead and test the purity of their seed. Muffled bolter shots roared in the distance, flashes of bright orange light pierced the haze as Jackal ​euthanized any remaining resistance. The Relictors had taken a butchers toll on this world in search of a long buried and supposedly secret relic. Only the Governor, the High-Despot of the Ecclesiarch and the Lord-Commander of the Defense Force were privy to the location of this artefact. One of them had sold out the citizenry of Scythia Minoris and condemned this silicon-mining planet to death. The Relictors detonated the space port and collapsed the sky-rail to the gas giant. Aside from killing millions it signed the worlds testament into the annals of history. It would never recover, condemned to starve to death or be put to the sword by Imperial-Reaves of the Administratum when they came for a tithe that could not be offered.

In this the Marines Malevolent offered the survivors the only thing worth giving; the chance to die standing. Kharst found a PDF Officer among the ruin of his homestead and extended the Charge of Conscription. Despite being woefully out gunned the Scythiams had chosen to fight instead of run. This earned them the respect afford to their station; they remaining soldiery would be rounded up, rearmed, and driven on after the foe. The Throne demanded their sacrifice. Demanded they do their duty to the last. Kharst would see to it that every last Scythiam fulfilled their oath.

==

"A shame, Scythiam. A shame we did not snare them all. Your people bled for something buried in the earth, something guarded by fetid scholars and the quivering quims of the Administratum. Something you were ignorant to. The Relictors have severed your planets life line in search of such trinkets and now your world is dead. Enough of them we have killed, and yet, victory is not claimed. The renegade are in the wind with that...thing. Do you seek a reckoning, Scythiam? Gather what men you have left. We have red work to do. Sleeping Dragon, on me!"

==

gallery_41766_14750_80639.jpg

==

"It is a mercy, assuredly. He will not survive. Better you put his brains out than I. It would be...kinder. That is what you people seek, no?"

==

gallery_41766_14750_177839.jpg

==

"You. Scythiam. See that tree. The one with the body hanging on it. Walk thirty paces past it. Go. Now."

==

gallery_41766_14750_86753.jpg

==

"J-3 - J-1, neg-con confirm. Area secured. S.O.G on picket. Bohaus needs wrangling, permission to snare?"

==

gallery_41766_14750_98391.jpg

==

"YOU ARE ALL DEAD. ALL OF YOU DEAD. TERRA INVICTA!"

==

gallery_41766_14750_25230.jpg

==

"Only one, cousin. Only one we take to the vault."

==

gallery_41766_14750_41044.jpg

==

Once apprehended the elements of the Relictors were routed off world and destroyed in a high orbit engagement when their vessel unshrouded from behind the third moon of the gas giant. Their prize and whatever foul-brothers that remained aboard took the opportunity to flee aboard a smaller vessel as the crushing pressure of the giant sucked the wreckage of their cruiser into its cradle. The Excelsior disengaged, pinged the sub system to confirm hostile contacts had been disposed off and returned to the inhabited moon only to salvage-crawl and forcibly resupply before returning to the void to hunt down the warp signature of the escaped Relictor vessel. Scythia Minoris devolved into a brutal period of civil war of what remaining resources there were and eventually was declared barren by the Administratum tax-branch.

==

gallery_41766_14750_157687.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_7212.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_64143.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_34138.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_92936.jpg

gallery_41766_14750_71804.jpg

==

I'm back baby!

Edited by NomadPainting