Weapon Sprues and Forge World, what to get?

Since I am getting the Battleforce, what other weapon sprues and ForgeWorld weapons should I be looking to pick up? I see the Titans are fairly easy to magnetize (according to youtube), so I'll be magnetizing for all options.

Need to know what to plan for next.

Thanks in Advance.

If you've got the Precept Battleforce, then the next best step for the Warlord is to pick up a Quake Cannon from Forge World so that it's not using two Volcano Cannons. That generally turns a Warlord into a ticking time bomb that's liable to overheat itself. And then you'll be in what's now the standard fire support Warlord configuration.

While you're at it with a FW order, you may want a Vulcan Mega-bolter for the Reaver carapace. It's generally the best option if you're angling for melee, and the Precept Battleforce gives you a chainfist Reaver that definitely wants melee.

If you want to get sprues and just have all options covered for each Titan, you'll want the Warlord B sprue with Plasma Annihilators and Reaver A sprue. The Reaver A sprue arm weapons will also be cross-compatible with your Warbringer and give you a lot of load-out options between it and your Reaver. You'll have a spare Laser Blaster, which can be handy on your melee Reaver in place of the Melta Cannon to follow up its Chainfist strikes with strong targeted attacks.

You'll now have a Warlord that can start to swap to a "Brawler" load-out, and now we're back to Forge World... often it's very nice to have a Macro Gatling and Sunfury Plasma Annihilator paired together, and rather than the carapace Laser Blasters that the sprue comes with, you may want a set of carapace Gatling Blasters on the roof. They're a powerful mid-to-close range shield stripper and also great at piling in on damaged sections at the end of an attack sequence, so these are nice. And they look awesome.

Sometimes the carapace Turbo-laser Destructors are nice to have on a mid-long range Warlord, too, but it's not the most common load-out. The problem with the Laser Blasters is that they have a short operative range, with a penalty over 16", and an inability to fire at anything under the Warlord's scale under 10", so the cheaper Turbo-laser Destructors are often just as good at longer ranges. If these get you free shipping with Forge World then they might be worth adding to your cart?

Anything else is a little more dependent on what Legio you choose to go with. If you're thinking of Astraman, for example, you may want more Gatling Blasters in general. If you're thinking of Crucius, maybe you're ok with loading up on Draining weapons that tax your reactor, etc. But all of the above is a pretty comprehensive entry that will let you play with a lot of options and get a solid feel for the game and what you might want next if you do enjoy it :smile.:

If you've picked up the main rule book on its own, you'll also want to make sure you have an accessory set with the arc markers and everything. If you haven't already picked up the main Rule Book separately, I would strongly consider the core game set as your next purchase to plan for, as it has the rule book and all the accessories... But also the two Reavers and two Warhounds it comes with will really allow you to build out just about any combination of maniples you like, barring just a few. And the two Lancers can be nice to have as filler in some lists. And that's honestly about it.

That's a really full Titanicus army collection. Maybe add a Warmaster and another Warlord or two at that point, or like many of us, succumb utterly and just start another Legio. Rinse, repeat...

Edited by LetsYouDown

That’s a really good run down, I agree with all of it. To reiterate, the budget option to get the most out of it is just get the Warlord Quake arm.

The only weapons that LetsYouDown didn’t mention are the ones you’re less likely to want. The Warlord mega bolter array is a budget option for a brawler warlord, but I think are generally inferior to the Gatling Blasters (and don’t look as cool), so they’re easy to skip. The Ursus Claws are only worth going for in numbers, and probably only if you’re playing Legio Audax. The Shock Lance is now possibly worth considering now they’ve updated the rules for them. If you need to tip over into free shipping, personally I’d go for a shock Lance before the Warlord turbo lasers, but either can be worthwhile.

The last thing I’d say is that the weapon sprues for the Warlord and Reaver are almost half as much as just buying another Titan. So maybe consider that when you’re thinking about what to buy. I’d rather have a whole other Titan, but it depends how big you’re planning to go! Enjoy!

If you're UK based, Troll Trader will sell you a second hand, but new on sprue Reaver for £25. You can't beat it, I'd agree with buying the second Reaver, or just a starter set over the Reaver sprue.

Remember also that the Ursus Claws pack is the Shock Lance pack. You get both options in the kit, and with some careful drilling work and a pair of nails you can make them swappable without magnets.

It's always worth getting a whole Titan rather than the sprue, in my opinion. So for the Warlord I'd probably hold off buying the sprue and get a plasma warlord, some time in the future.

But LetsYouDown has it right. If you're getting anything at all, get a Mori Quake cannon. Once you're there, you probably may as well get a macro gatling, set of paired gatlings for the roof and a Reaver bolter. Those are the staples that you'll use all the time.

Until recently, there were weapons that I really wouldn't have recommended. The Ursus claw was dreadful but now it's actually ok, following today's FAQ. Likewise the Warp missile is kind of cool now you can instead have a Vortex missile - if you're a loyalist. The other Warlord carapace guns have pretty niche uses so you definitely don't need them... but they are occasionally good options to have.

You could also just wait a bit and paint the engines you've got. You don't need to rush into this. There are a few other FW bits that we're waiting to see, so you might combine an order when they arrive. We don't know if the Warbringer Bellicosa will be resin or plastic, for example, and we know the Volkite weapons are coming in June some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the Reaver Mega bolter now shows no longer available, not just out of stock in the US.

Forge World has been going through the "Great Reboxening" currently. As well as there's a bug in the code that makes anything "Temporarily Out of Stock" show as "No Longer Available"

QkJoM3W.jpg