Ranulfs hobbying - Space Wolves and other stuff

Hey all! I think I'll start posting the results of my building and painting in here. I already have a thread in the Space Wolves subforum, but I guess it won't hurt showing my terrain pieces - and maybe at some point non Space Wolves miniatures - as well. I'll start with reposting my recently finished infiltrators. Not mind blowing, but ready for action ☺

c1k5rux.jpg

DbISJvC.jpg

e9vXtrw.jpg

7LYyENw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I recently more or less finished this judiciar... After lots of trial and error these are the best pictures I could achieve . Anyway, let me know what you think....

agIQgBn.jpg

KQThfHv.jpg

5sB1D0q.jpg

(pseudo cinematic 16:9 shot )

jhOKiRJ.jpg

You're absolutely right, I came across that old picture with the Space Wolf in tiger camo and decided to try something like this for my Phobos units. Was wondering if I could do this, but in the end I just layered different stripes which worked surprisingly well.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, just out of curiosity I decided to lay out most of my army. Have to say it was quite satisfying to see what I achieved since returning to miniature painting... This is every finished 40K mini I did so far... Apart from Björn, with whom I'm just not that satisfied with (that old metal thing is hard to preserve, it recently broke in two as well... I think I will get the newer plastic version at some point). Having said that getting a good shot of them all together is not that easy...

IDFhC0r.jpg

But I managed to produce some shots which look quite alive...

XqUhVCp.jpg

SZY9tkv.jpg

Plus, some pictures of a new guy I just finished, based on the Geigor model...

fXUgR9v.jpg
NbpnppZ.jpg

pcfIuUU.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm working on a redemptor dread... slowly...

Did build his arms/ shoulders a bit differently, so they could easily be magnetised.

OApPXyA.jpeg

YDgbyuJ.jpeg

https://imgur.com/YDgbyuJhttps://imgur.com/YDgbyuJ

5pf8Em1.jpeg

Overall, I have to admit I slowed down with painting... lost some motivation somehow. let's see if it will return soon...

• 1 month later...

I actually painted some stuff in the last month... Including the redemptor. But I was kind of too lazy make pictures and stuff :biggrin.:. But I'll begin with the updates now, starting with this figure here, which I'll use to represent a Wulfen with Great Frost Axe...

42Oboj4.jpg

884zSl8.jpg

w8dBTKp.jpg

Random intercessor coming through, I just had him built and primed on my desk, and wanted to finish him. But he's a solid example of my current method for SW power armour. I also think I will use more red on shoulder pauldrons going forward, it's just a nice combo with blueish grey, I think...

fBK7pPS.jpeg

XXzHsJo.jpeg

TcZosFR.jpeg