Miracle Dice... For Cawdor?

ThePenitentOne

Today's Necromunda preview seemed to imply that House Cawdor gets "Faith Dice"

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I feel like it makes House Cawdor and their Redemptionist allies even better Frateris Militia stand-ins. But I also feel like there's been a lot of lore about the Faith of Sororitas being cultivated over a lifetime of training and formal indoctrination to the church.

Curious to see how others feel about this.

The more the merrier. There is no background issue here. Most people in the Imperium are extremely superstitious and aggressively myopic religious fundamentalist fanatics by our standards, and the most pious of the lot such as Sororitas and Cawdor and Redemptionists are frothing madmen completely immersed in their faith and sacral institutions. Blinkers on and flamers lit, spouting dogma all day long. Miracles suit them fine.

I0liLRJ.png

Edited by Karak Norn Clansman

The more the merrier. There is no background issue here. Most people in the Imperium are extremely superstitious and aggressively myopic religious fundamentalist fanatics by our standards, and the most pious of the lot such as Sororitas and Cawdor and Redemptionists are frothing madmen completely immersed in their faith and sacral institutions. Blinkers on and flamers lit, spouting dogma all day long. Miracles suit them fine.

I0liLRJ.png

Yes, but how many among the imperium have the ironclad discipline and exceptional faith needed for that to lead to tangible effects? If anything, I'd think it more likely that Cawdor gangs would assume pure coincidence was the result of their faith... Which I suppose this could still represent, depending on how it shakes out

Mechanically... Dice Manipulation is incredibly powerful, especially when it's as rare as it is in Necromunda. Unless they're a lot more restricted in use than Miracle Dice, this could be a huge buff for Cawdor.

Edited by Squark

I mean, Van Saar have an actual god-damned STC. Necromunda is deliberately a bombastic and overblown corner of the setting. 

I suppose it fits alongside random gangs getting their hands on boltguns and (substandard*) plasmaguns.

*At least, that's my "headcanon" for why the min/max power for Necromunda plasma weapons is S5/S7 instead of S7/S8, as well as lower AP value.

Game effects aside, Sororitas miracles may be just that: Coincidence interpreted as divine will. There may or may not be involved any supernatural psychic Emperor-powers homing in on the most intensely devout. This is exactly the same thing. Intentionally ambivalent.

All across the Imperium, from the mightiest superwarriors to the lowliest gutter scum and pogrom-makers, man shares a strongly held belief: The Emperor protects.