Ork Updates & New Models - 9th Edition Discussion

Triszin

These are some beautiful orks to straddle the gap between snakebite and other tribes, though with the kult of speed re-do through the buggies and now this. How many other subcultures do you think we can expect?

I could see a new dakka/explosives one in line with the boomboyz subculture aimed at the badmoonz/deathskulls stylizing as it helps make their orks more unique and protectable.

The mad max kult of speed look and new 'savage' ork look kind of feel like the AoS orruck(speed?)revamp in bringing in new elements to make them distinct from generic fantasy ork and this could be the same for generic fantasy ork in space with a gun.

I really hope this isn't just another subculture with unique models. Unless they change the system

I hate the subculture implementation right now. The either/or nature of them compared on other factions mono-bonuses blows

I have faith that there'll be some kind of revamp for the subkulture system. Otherwise, players won't have the same incentive to buy these lovely new models!

Aye I could see it going kind of like freebooterz at this rate of models, could be interesting if we can get a mono-kulture bonus then we can have them with their new rules just not mono bonus. They said about them slotting into other ork klans so I do have hope. My orks have been waning on a shelf waiting for a refresh. Bored of every good thing just being mortal wound spam+buggies+ghazz to stand up to stuff

We got a lot more revealed:

t5tYzrRmYR1bmvRn.jpg

b2CKZLQDUmGBYOz3.jpg

rDMUNMPAgZWqUmHn.jpg

There's a lot more in the link. There's also more that they haven't shown from the first video, which I still think is representative of things to come.

Furthermore, the new video seems to allude to Kommandos, Boyz, and Trukks? A lot of cool stuff coming for Orks.

I agree, its a great start for da boyz. And I did prematurely jump when they showed the trailer thinking Kommandos were on the way.

They said that 50% of the new stuff has been shown for the Orks ( I take that with a pinch of salt). The squigwagon wasnt shown nor the Beast snagga warboss.

Of note.

Snagga mega boss was not shown off

Reveal stated only about half the kits have now been teased.

To reveal

Tribal boss

Little boss

Snagga skiff

-possible new Boyz (guess)

Revealed

Snagga Boyz

Pain boss

Nob squiggs

4legged squigs

Mega armor boss

Snagga character (zoggrog)?

What else do I now think?

Kommandos

Supa grots

Edited by Triszin

I don't feel like Zoggrod fits with the Snaggas very well. If he's all about Grots then where are his grots, why show him off with out said grots... I don't get it. 

Still, it's been interesting so far. 

I don't feel like Zoggrod fits with the Snaggas very well.

I agree. He's very weedy; his arms and legs are much thinner than other Orks.

I think it's to represent that his clan disowned him, so his waagh field flipped and made him weaker?

I think it's to represent that his clan disowned him, so his waagh field flipped and made him weaker?

Freebootas clans also disowned them (or at least, that's one origin story for some Freebootas).

I just think it's meant to tie him in with grots. I wouldn't be surprised if his physical stats were lower than Orks. Or at least Beast Snaggas (who I bet are S5/T5).

Freebootas clans also disowned them (or at least, that's one origin story for some Freebootas).

I just think it's meant to tie him in with grots. I wouldn't be surprised if his physical stats were lower than Orks. Or at least Beast Snaggas (who I bet are S5/T5).

Snagga boys will be S5, t4. Otherwise the nobs would be pushing t6 which is buggy territory...

At the moment I've got a Goff group, dread mob, death skulls classic group. I'll definitely be adding some snaggas in and reckon they'll end up blue to be fair. Exciting day imo!

All of this is good of course. Looking forward to seeing more Orks joining the scrum and climbing to the top of the heap, it's all about that struggle. 
Ork life. 
First one to paint a million wins! 

But...........
We've got a mad runt heard so how about more runts! 

I really like these orks.

Horizon zero dawn meets orks!

They also said Snaggas will get a little extra when in SNakebite armies, the same way speed freaks work.

Im contemplating 2 boxes, but know I should only get 1 then wait, and also to give a chance for other people to get the box.

I understand why they painted the orks a little brighter for the snaggas, its the color theory. a darker green with the squigs and white armor would not harmonize.

but  a lighter green does harmonize.

IM super thrilled and excited.  Now I need to figure out a method to paint orks... Fast and have them look rad.

I have some tribal orrucks I think I should assemble a few and test some painting methods

I really like these orks.

Horizon zero dawn meets orks!

They also said Snaggas will get a little extra when in SNakebite armies, the same way speed freaks work.

Im contemplating 2 boxes, but know I should only get 1 then wait, and also to give a chance for other people to get the box.

I understand why they painted the orks a little brighter for the snaggas, its the color theory. a darker green with the squigs and white armor would not harmonize.

but  a lighter green does harmonize.

IM super thrilled and excited.  Now I need to figure out a method to paint orks... Fast and have them look rad.

I have some tribal orrucks I think I should assemble a few and test some painting methods

I've managed to keep a few hundred dollars set aside left over from the sale of my Bone Splitters AoS army. I'm wondering how much the Snagga box they've advertised is going to cost. 

While I'm not into Special characters I think Zoggrod is kinda cool and could find a place in my WAAAGH! 

See, if you look at most of my old battle reports you'll see this trend, GorGak and grots. They just sorta end up together in weird places, the grots take the beating for him...Working s intended. It's a feature not a bug. 

I read "fast way to get them painted" and my brain goes, but that's easy! 

Well, maybe. 

I'm thinking all the clothing and gear should be more mad max road warrior in colors. More rusted and beaten less clean and flashy than GW's fancy new Snagga pictures. 

But that's just me.  These dudes will look cool with some war paint too.  Blue, red, yellow. Get weird with it. 

Look up Sinn Bodhi the warlord of weird for neat ideas, he's a pro wrestler and maniac Clown character.  Truly a work of art, if your into that sort of thing. :wink: 

I almost feel like I've come around to these sculpts, as limited as the are. But seriously GW, give me Grotts with flack armour and autto guns and spiked helmets... We hasss to have dem. :biggrin.:

Reckon the box will be at least the same as the lumineth launch box.

There's 3 unit kits in there plus 2 characters - one mounted.

Based on the price rises I think lumineth launch box cost plus a bit more.

Reckon the box will be at least the same as the lumineth launch box.

There's 3 unit kits in there plus 2 characters - one mounted.

Based on the price rises I think lumineth launch box cost plus a bit more.

I guess I was a bit confused I though the Book was also in the box. But I see almost a 200 dollar us price on the box your talking about. I've no idea if that's more than I want to spend with out a book included. I've not been following any of the recent releases/preorders so I'm not in the know anymore. If the box comes with the book I think it would be worth the nearly 200 dollars to me to buy at least 1 army box. anything more than that and I'll have to skip till December and really give it more though but if a codex for Orks is coming this year maybe waiting longer is a better plan for me.