Son's of Morkai - A really really slow progress thread.

Ryu

Hi, 

After a year of painting blood bowl I finally got over the fear of painting space marines. 

Long time fear which seemed to be generated by looking at other peoples and feeling like I couldn't pull off something similar.

Always loved the space wolves lore and love the grim dark look/feel. (have to say I did just see some wolves painted in an old school bright theme and I nearly cried with joy)

Second to the grim dark theme  it might also help me hide mistakes as I learn. 

So with the Mrs egging me on to join a forum to get feed back and advice I now find myself here with one Space wolf I really like the look of. 

And while the plan is to build this thread with the armies progress is will be sadly slow.

One due to work,

Two because I'm slow as :censored:  at painting,

Three because I have about 10 more blood bowl teams to paint for myself and friends. 

So I apologise now in advance but this is very much a "me really wanting a space wolves army"  but sadly  no one else plays it in my group.

Anyway without boring the crap out of everyone, the model isn't finished yet need to either 3d print some icons or print some transfers and not sure which yet.

I did forget to do the shoulder pads  in there markings but instead tried blending on the trims using browns to try and produce a grim dark yellow.

The base is an after thought and just me trying out the new tech paint/ blue glass I got.

Any feed back or advice or even kind words will all help and make me push this dream into reality. 

Cheers for reading sorry if I bored the :censored: out of you all.

Enjoy.

sharedmedia=gallery:images:298872]

Untitled

e2700e1b 4e6c 482b bea1 23a89da9e863

e70fa101 e8ef 437a bb15 b752a99f9bc9

5ce9efde ced8 4e50 9327 651fecdd1a0b

64b0f3a7 544d 43d2 8b65 17b32b2a1955

a585b4c2 eb21 4e00 888a 37aebee04885

Edited by PeteySödes
Dont dodge the Swear filter

Looks great!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the vylka!

We all paint slow, heck I feel like a turtle sometimes.

Great job so far, can't wait to see more, no matter how long it is between them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed, the scheme looks good, the white/light grey face plate looks nice, and gives some distinction and interest. I’m not so sure on the blue wolf, but I’m sure that there’s a usable lore idea in there. Look forward to seeing some more.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome indeed. 

I'm liking the colour scheme, think the white on the faceplates and Aquila makes them really stand out, great work. 

I second that view about the face plates and the Aquila, they look great and i may borrow that idea.  

Well painted models,  Airbrushed i take it?