If we get primaris SG could/should they be gravis armored?

I like the idea of artificer armour on them- ornate super intricate works of art that they wear.   Gravis will be (and should be 3+ save).  The T5 is a nice balance to be fair, though., but I just feel theyre more limber and dextrous. 

I would love to see something new for them. 

I think one element of the primaris range that is sorely lacking is the jump troop range.  They could have done so much mor ewith the novelty that was the suppressor idea. 

For me, Gravis would look too chunky and lose the grace and elegance that SG are supposed to embody. I would rather see something more like flying BGVs with the armour being ornate rather than bulky.

Having said that, I am not expecting Primaris SG in the near future (would love to be proved wrong though).

That would make some chunky angels. If I could decide I would take an elegant artificier armour with a 2+ save as it has been for years now. Tbh I don't want them to change except for lore reasons. Doesn't feel right if only firstborn can get this position. Why we don't slap a jetpack on the back of some bladeguards?

That would make some chunky angels. If I could decide I would take an elegant artificier armour with a 2+ save as it has been for years now. Tbh I don't want them to change except for lore reasons. Doesn't feel right if only firstborn can get this position. Why we don't slap a jetpack on the back of some bladeguards?

I was thinking more along the lines of Shrike with a SanguinaryGuard jump pack and more ornate chestplate and greaves... Basically upscaled SG, if they're going to redo them in Primaris size

I just don't see GW heading in that sort of direction any more to be honest.

I'd prefer primaris artificer armor, but considering how the chapter unique unit kits they've provided so far, have just been upgrade kits thrown into boxes for normal units, a totally special and unique primaris SG doesn't seem likely

Whatever they do when/if they do make a primaris SG kit, if they don't throw a few extra parts on the sprue so we can make new primaris version of the sg ancient, sangpriest, and (fingers crossed) a primaris dante I can almost guarantee I'll never buy it. (But I can also guarantee I'll buy enough loose bits on Ebay to make a squad or ten...)

Edit:spelling. Damned autocorrect....

Edited by Adorondak

I hope that whatever they do, please change the wings to easily and sturdy connect to the model.

Honestly, I know 3 guys with SG themed armies, and they all go mad if you mention the wings being a bit off angle wise.

"It looks a bit lobsided, the right wing needs to-"

*Sudden Violence*

I have had such conversations entirely too often. My own have magnetic wings with staples to attach to.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, sanguinary guard (and Dante) will have armour that is visually similar to the primaris chaplain (one with the hood), it has sculpted armour to follow the shape of muscles on the legs and technically all primaris armour has a more sculpted physique style to the chest.

I would assume they'd remain a 2+ save unit, I could easily see GW going the route they went with calgar though and it being a hyper small bodyguard primaris unit. Although yeah a "proper" squad would be nicer.

But all the above said, I'm really not sure we'll see chapter specific units for ages. Black Templars might get them first, kinda like the test bed for such things maybe. And I could see other first founding chapters getting them before us too as part of 9th ed updates next year maybe.

But transhuman is tied to primaris and not gravis keyword.

Edit

Anyway, I can totally see them becoming a 3-6 unit. They are way to elite to stay 5-10 after they've gone the primaris way.

And I wonder how GW will handle the situation. Till now, no new primaris unit replaced an old one to 100%. Following this trend our new sanguary guard would need a different approuch that justifies the old unit to stay. Or they just go legend...

Edited by Rhavien

Gravis pattern Mk.X is not something for flying elites, way to cumbersome.

Phobos pattern Mk.X (like Shrike's) is also not something for flying elites. Shrike is an infiltrator (that's the way of the Raven Guard) so he needs the silent features of the Phobos pattern.

As Blood Angels, we need the inspiring glamour of artificer armour for our elites.

I 'm pretty sure that when it's time we will see Primaris Sanguinary Guard in gold artificer Tacticus pattern Mk.X armour with +2 save, and jump packs.

There is already a precedence with Primaris Mephiston's armour, which is sculpted exactly like his old Mk.7 power armour.

There is of course the dreadful possibility we'll get a SG upgrade sprue to transform our Reivers....:teehee: 

Other than that, I would agree with Spyros that we'll see Artificer version of the Mk. X Tacticus