Grey Knights 2000 Points - A Gathering of Champions

The Woodsman

Hello again. This is a spin-off from the list I used in my latest written battle report (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/369954-grey-knights-vs-death-guard-2000-points/?do=findComment&comment=5690912). I call it a Gathering of Champions because it features both Draigo  and Voldus, an Ancient, some Paladins and some Purifiers - basically the Chapter's top dogs. The idea is to have a lot of options for super Convergence bolters, a decent amount of psiweaponry and significant Mortal Wound potential. Here's the kicker... it is a single Vanguard detachment. Yep, you read it right, a single Vanguard. Now this means I start at 9 CP, but in my latest game I also started a 9 CP, between two Patrols and an extra relic, and actually felt ok with that thanks to Command Phase CP and Empyrean Domination. The list is therefore lacking any troop choices (I'm working with the models I own) but to be fair, most of the time my troops get shot up pretty bad as they are really lacking in resilience. Instead, I've got a brick of Paladins (that can get up to a 4++, have 3 wounds and can benefit from both -1D and -1 to wound against them), a brick of Purifiers (that can reach a 3++, although then the Paladins are only at a 5++) as well as some fast moving Interceptors that can Combat Squad if I really need to spread out/I want to spam Smites, or can stay grouped for maximum Psybolt potential. Between the two tough units and the mobile, high-quality firepower that supports them I feel I have a better shot at holding objectives than by fielding multiple squishy troop units. In all fairness, I really do think Grey Knights need to be looking at getting the opponent off of objectives while holding a couple themselves than trying to cover every objective on the board. Draigo provides re-rolls and a Vortex/Purge combo, while Voldus packs most of my supporting powers. The Ancient is there for the +1 attack/exploding 6s combo when the Paladins make it (hopefully) into combat. The Dread is there to fill my remaining points/slots, and adds a little bit of out of LoS anti-tank.

Feel free to tear it apart! 

+++ GK Vanguard (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) +++

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [117 PL, , 1,998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Grand Master Voldus [8 PL, 160pts]: 6: Lore Master, Armoured Resilience, Empyrean Domination, Ethereal Manipulation, Warlord, Warp Shaping

Lord Kaldor Draigo [10 PL, 190pts]: Purge Soul, Vortex of Doom

+ Elites +

Brotherhood Ancient [5 PL, 102pts]: Augurium Scrolls, Edict Imperator, Nemesis Falchion

Paladin Squad [30 PL, 500pts]: Hammerhand
9x Paladin (Halberd): 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, 9x Storm Bolter
Paragon
Nemesis Force Halberd

Purifier Squad [14 PL, 180pts]: Sanctuary
Knight of the Flame
Nemesis Force Sword
8x Purifier (Halberd): 8x Nemesis Force Halberd, 8x Storm Bolter

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 170pts]: Astral Aim, Twin lascannon
Dreadnought Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 230pts]: Astral Aim
9x Interceptor (Sword): 9x Nemesis Force Sword, 9x Storm Bolter
Interceptor Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 230pts]: Astral Aim
9x Interceptor (Sword): 9x Nemesis Force Sword, 9x Storm Bolter
Interceptor Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword

+ Heavy Support +

Purgation Squad [7 PL, 128pts]: Gate of Infinity
4x Purgator (Psycannon): 4x Psycannon
Purgator Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword

Purgation Squad [7 PL, 108pts]: Gate of Infinity
4x Purgator (Psilencer): 4x Psilencer
Purgator Justicar
Nemesis Force Sword

++ Total: [117 PL, 1,998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)