Cheapest way to 30K

Pacific81

You CAN also run mars pattern vehicles bit should propably convert them a bit of they make up your whole motor pool. They are available for cheap on ebay and so on. You could then later support rhem with a few choice resin kits like sicarans and od course the heresy era dreads which are just gorgeus (except maybe for the dorito) Edited by Marshal Vespasian

You CAN also run mars pattern vehicles bit should propably convert them a bit of they make up your whole motor pool. They are available for cheap on ebay and so on. You could then later support rhem with a few choice resin kits like sicarans and od course the heresy era dreads which are just gorgeus (except maybe for the dorito)

I will fight you about Boaty McBoatface Dreadnought, He is perfect :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Recast.

I don't like going there because the quality is wildly inconsistent between recasters. But he's not wrong. Recast models probably will be the cheapest way to build a 30k army with era appropriate models.

I have my suspicions that a guy on ebay is selling recasts as every single forgeworld item he lists is primed black so you never see the resin, and he only seems to sell random forgeworld stuff - one day it will be a brass scorpion, the next Horus, after that an eldar cobra; none of it seems like its come from a collection. 

He might be legit, of course, he might get ebay or facebook trash that he makes good, but there's a nagging doubt at the back of my mind that is stopping me getting his stuff.

I mean there are no good recasters, they are fairly easy to find if you are so inclined.

The high quality ones tend to use password-locked sites and need an application to get an account, instead of eBay equivalents. Some of these operations put forgeworlds quality control to shame.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I mean there are no good recasters, they are fairly easy to find if you are so inclined.

The high quality ones tend to use password-locked sites and need an application to get an account, instead of eBay equivalents. Some of these operations put forgeworlds quality control to shame.

Oh yes.

Paying 1/3rd or even 1/4th of the FW price and get way, WAY better quality?

That's not even a competition anymore. 

My wife was browsing charity shops today and bought me November 2016 White Dwarf for £1.99. And that has rules for Custodes (just a couple of squads as a preview of Inferno). This was a real nice surprise. I'm unlikely ever to buy Custodes, or buy Inferno, but it's still nice to read. And apparently the Sisters of Silence are in December 2016, so I might keep praying to the gods of charity shops for that one.

I'm posting it here because if I did have a some of these models spare, or saw some going cheap, I like that it gives me a workable, semi-official way to get them on the board, without forking out for the full book. I'd even be tempted to buy the models if it were Sisters.

Are there any other Age of Darkness rules hidden in White Dwarf I don't know about?

Edited by LameBeard