New to deamons

happyslugger

Well almost there on the GUO.  Wife went shopping virtually all day, so I sat and painted.

Ptk73Xc.jpg

1Oa4OJ6.jpg

eo1mY4W.jpg

PPPHiIP.jpg

Got some more highlighting to do and finish the base.  Much obliged to the GW video.

Also, a test for a bloodletter.

nya5KQ7.jpg

Kib2pQu.jpg

Base will be grey (light) and I have a box of skulls and some Blood for the blood god paint, or whatever it is called.

Edited by happyslugger

Keep up the pace, you'll be ready for the table top in no time :thumbsup: The skulls box is great, goes a long way to adding some flair to bases without much effort (and what is 40k without skulls?), the BftBG technical paint is also nice. It takes a bit of application to get the most from but there should be some good tutorials around if you need them :thumbsup: A bit of blobbing and flicking from an old paint brush goes far but as Chaos there's room for creativity (if the Eldar can have a dripping hand avatar so can Chaos defy logic :tongue.: ).

Thanks for the comments folks.

I thought they would take much longer if I am honest.  But, most of the model is green and already painted, so it didn't take as long doing the little colours here and there (bar the yellow dots - don't want to see my pot of Averland sunset or whatever it's called for a while now).  My Rotigus model is probably the most complex thing I have painted to date, but the tutorial on Youtube helped a lot.

Now time for some little red deamons I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well figured it was time to provide an update on the Khorne side of things.  I have been quiet as work has been manic and I purchased a new xbox and have been playing borderlands 3 lol.

Anyway, WIP but some touching up to do and some highlights and work on bases but getting there.

Current HQ which is the boss from the chariot just converted and copied from the web.

EXEZBmm.jpg 

Bloodcrushers (played around with a different fire effect on the sword).  Also going with black for armour to try and break up all the red.  Highlighted with dawnstone and then very faint admin grey.  Not a fan of painting black, never seems to look right in my eyes.

pZr5uYr.jpg

Gawaoxp.jpg

Skull Cannon (went back to flame swords)

5wkTgyg.jpg

NpdipEq.jpg

Group shot

pXAEy2p.jpg

CA6w2EI.jpg

I think the swords look ace, especially from a distance and I copied them from a youtube video.

Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but good enough for me.  

I get Belakor and my first bloodthirster tomorrow (may try and magentise the weapons), but going to save building and painting them until I have built and painted another two boxes of start collecting and some fleshhounds (I like the models).

WIP on my bloodthrister (decided I cant be bothered with doing magnets - will just buy a second one and give him the massive axe at some point).

pCaJ0mn.jpg

SGcd8JJ.jpg

joF1OBA.jpg

Again, in the current light you can't really see the highlights, etc.  I based with mephy red, then wash with the red wash.  then dry brushed mephy, evil sun and wild rider and finished with some troll slayer orange (and did some lines along the muscles also).  Basically followed Duncan's vid on Youtube but used my choice of paints.

some more wips 

KDSXPZQ.jpg

Qx2cdYe.jpg

9y7Gbzw.jpg

The bloodthirster has such a small section with which to glue / secure it to the base.  I pinned it with two paperclips and some superglue.  I still don't think it will last too long.  Appears to be such a small footing for a larger model that is leaning forward.

Anyway, go to add a little more blood and some skulls here and there (some covered in blood and some not).  I was unsure about the blood and skulls as I typically like the models to look clean (OCD kicks in) but my son wanted to add loads (basically dip the model) so I have thus far, compromised lol.

Got these to work on afterwards (although I think I will save the big guy until last). Figured out I only need to get another bloodthrister, skarbrand, another start collecting set, a daemon prince and two boxes of dogs.......its going to take a while to buy all that, and build and paint it all. I think realistically I could do one a month (subject to funds).

So next up will be another start collecting box and then hopefully I will have the cash for another big dude.

WhGzj4S.jpg

Edited by happyslugger

Cheers warriorfish.

I will follow whichever painting tutorial on youtube that looks nice lol

I am happy to stick to same colours and follow GW/Duncan or similar as my imagination is rubbish.

I am selling some old models on ebay over the weekend, so hopefully these land me some spare 40k cash to purchase some more over the next few weeks.  I figured there is between £100 and £150 worth of stuff I am selling, which will go a long way to buying bits I need.  Thus, the hobby is paying for itself a little (even with 20-25% off its very expensive).

No I don't mind, they are all mini marines that I haven't used in ages. A second copy of the Ltd edition 9th rule book, magnetised stormraven and bits and bobs. I don't have many mini marines at all now. Sold them all off and replaced with new models.

I worked out I need about £260 (excluding paints) for the rest of this army if I buy from my local independent. So if I can raise £100 on the bay it will help.

I never knew plastic could be so expensive.

Edited by happyslugger

It's not just the plastic of course, all the Nottinghamites toiling away under Warhammer World mining the plastic ore need to be fed and watered too... cheaper than golf at least? Or is that no longer the case? :laugh.: Repurposing old models into new works if you're sure you won't miss them. The plastic mountain must grow to appease the hobby gods...

Slowly working on another 10 bloodletters but I'm away next week so if I can get them done by the end of the weekend I will be happy.

My stuff on eBay is currently going for £136 :-) and I got a £50 Amazon voucher today, so that's massive help with funds :-)

Just saying hello to fellow chaos Deamon fans.

I've had about 1000 - 1500 points of nurgle deamons laying around for a year or two and have finally started to put them together.

I'm picking up my GUO tomorrow and will be attempting to convert my glotkin model into rotigus.

But now...I really fancy getting some Khorne on the go also.

So that's where I am currently. No doubt I will end up with about 2k of both lol.

That sounds really nice. Im currently building my covens list,

but Im looking forward to start building more on my slaanesh CSM/Daemons army aswell. :)