List questions for chaos soup

Reskin

In 1000pts lists, when someone takes a chaos Knight do you lose battle forged army bonuses?

Whats the pros and cons for taking a chaos knight in a chaos marine army?

What are some possible nasty combos you would see?

You can't lose Battleforged by mixing factions. If you're playing matched play (most points games will be matched play) you're always battleforged. Battleforged is just the opposite of Unbound. The only bonus for being battleforged is command points. This is a very common mistake since many players never play open play and yet read this term 'battle forged' and assume that it is something to worry about when actually its the most irrelevant rule in the book to most games.

You can't take a Chaos Knight in a Chaos Marine army, if you're mixing marines and Knights you have a chaos army. The Chaos Marine codex doesn't include any bonuses that are lost by adding in units from other codexes. The only bonuses you can lose in the marine book are from mixing legions within detachments. The Death Guard Codex is the only one that loses anything from mixing in units outside of the codex.

Taking a chaos knight in a 1000 point list sounds like a good way to have no points left over for a decent marine detachment.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

You can't lose Battleforged by mixing factions. If you're playing matched play (most points games will be matched play) you're always battleforged. Battleforged is just the opposite of Unbound. The only bonus for being battleforged is command points. This is a very common mistake since many players never play open play and yet read this term 'battle forged' and assume that it is something to worry about when actually its the most irrelevant rule in the book to most games.

You can't take a Chaos Knight in a Chaos Marine army, if you're mixing marines and Knights you have a chaos army. The Chaos Marine codex doesn't include any bonuses that are lost by adding in units from other codexes. The only bonuses you can lose in the marine book are from mixing legions within detachments. The Death Guard Codex is the only one that loses anything from mixing in units outside of the codex.

Taking a chaos knight in a 1000 point list sounds like a good way to have no points left over for a decent marine detachment.

Great reply, thanks for that, it'll be matched play, I was just unsure how soup lists work now, and I don't even play chaos, I was just preparing for a tournament next weekend, and I know that a chaos marine player is bringing a knight to 1000pts, so unsure how to go about beating it. But also unsure what other nasty tricks he could be bringing

Great reply, thanks for that, it'll be matched play, I was just unsure how soup lists work now, and I don't even play chaos, I was just preparing for a tournament next weekend, and I know that a chaos marine player is bringing a knight to 1000pts, so unsure how to go about beating it. But also unsure what other nasty tricks he could be bringing

There is very little synergy between Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Knights.

Outside of the benefits of just having a Knight, they almost work against each other. CSMs best units - Possessed, Obliterators, Daemon Engines, etc - are not troops. Someone building a 1,000 list would have to choose between taking ObSec units and taking effective units.

I could see a list that takes a Despoiler along with a CSM detachment consisting of a Dark Apostle, Master of Possession, and a ton of Cultists. But not much more.