The Protarian Dynasty - Newcrons for Prot

Prot

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

med_gallery_2760_17009_56074.jpg

And on that topic.... I have completed a lot of units now. In fact there's very little I would want to add at this point until further rules are fixed.

I'm not going to do a entire image dump here of everything from my blog ( https://prot40k.wpcomstaging.com/2021/11/20/prots-necrons-for-sale/ )

But here are some of the main shots of the army so you can see how far it's come over the past year:

IMG_1555.jpg?resize=768%2C576&ssl=1

Prot-Crons-Lychguard-and-Ctan.jpg?w=767&

Prot-Crons-HQs.jpg?resize=768%2C429&ssl=

Prot-Crons-Crypteks.jpg?resize=768%2C453

Szaraken-Silent-King.jpg?resize=768%2C64

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Prot

Now this army paint scheme is exemplary! Well done. The marblish effect on them is so beautifully done. The basing lends a good ombiance that will look great on any table. Well done!

Thank you very much! 

This being my 3rd full Necron army I really wanted to make the basing a bigger part of it compared to my last attempts which were far less daunting, but a little bland. Thanks for the compliment.

It saddens me a bit that the dataslate wasn't enough to motivate you to continue playing your necrons, but they look amazing and you'll make a new Necron player happy! Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Miek. To be honest I've played a few games since the changes, and I think they're great. Oddly enough the changes don't help the fundamentals of many lists (IE: warrior blocks/ a lot of Battalion builds) but does help those builds that want to get away from that style of play.

I have done very well with them, and I do believe the "core" upgrades are a great step in the right direction. Unfortunately, I sell my armies to keep my hobby projects going. 

Typically I do not like selling any of them. I don't really want to sell the Necrons, but my Ultramarines are too big to sell, and I think the Necrons are finally at a good size and paint level for a sale. 

If money weren't an issue, I'd definitely hold on to them. They've been a lot of fun, and now even more flexible!

So what is the next project after the crons?

Well I've been continually expanding my Black Legion... which is crazy considering how big it is. I'm still adding units I'll never use to my Ultra's, but my biggest project undertaking has been Grey Knights. They aren't as big for me to play, but I had half the box left over from Hexfire, and sold the Thousand Sons half off. I also painted the infantry in the Black Templar box and sold it.

Honestly, I'd like to keep and expand the Necrons. We'll see. And on that note.....

med_gallery_2760_17009_56074.jpg

I just realized the Lokhust Destroyers were not assembled correctly.

I had the dubious task of ripping off the shells, and super gluing them back on correctly.

I took that opportunity to break out some oils, and enamel paints to do some extra weathering on these guys and then touch them up with mineral spirits. I like how it turned out:

Prot-Crons-Heavy-Skorphek-destroyers-1.j

And did up 15 scarab bases!

Prot-Crons-15-Scarabs-1.jpg?resize=768%2

This is a really cool looking army. It's always a bit of a shame when someone sells off an army I think, but at the same time I can totally understand the reasoning. This has been a bizarre year with more time for hobby and less opportunities for painting, and if the stuff isn't fun to use there's no real reason to hold onto it.

I'm in a bit of a similar position myself. I find that the original idea for my necrons, the classic silver tide, isn't feasible. I've mainly worked on other stuff as a result (and also had my hobby time cut by a baby turning up!) so now I'm not sure what's next. I have some hope that points changes could revive the army somewhat but there is always the chance that something new will come along. And honestly there's still very little prospect of me going to many events any time soon, so maybe the way the army plays doesn't matter anyway.