The Drukhari Menace

dreadmad

As I've been catching up more and more over the last few days, I've started to feel like GK are going to really struggle into Drukari - with the prevailing advice for beating them being "Just shoot the transports lol". Obviously GK are a Mid-Close range army, and the +24" range firepower options we have are somewhat underwhelming.

What have people found works well into naughty elves, or if you haven't played them what are your initial thoughts for counters?

So far I have (specifically to pop transports):

- Venerable Dreadnoughts: There's no great weapon profile into T6 4+/5++, but 2 Ven. Dreads with reroll 1's equipped with Plasma/ML kills a raider on average. Underwhelming at best, and weak to Lightning Fast Reflexes/some lucky invuln spikes due to low volume of shots.

- Suicide a Psilencer Purgation Squad. Hitting on 4's due to Gate (so immune to Lightning Fast Reflexes given they're already at -1) averages 12 wounds to a raider using Psychic Onslaught in Tides of Convergence. Pretty reliable, but throws away a strong unit.

-  6 Interceptors using Psybolt Ammo (in tides) kill a Raider on average, 8 if they use Lightning Fast Reflexes. Again, potentially throws away a chunk of points.

- Chaplain for the +6" Litany to get a bit of extra range on them. Pretty risky approach, only has a 2/3rd chance of going off with no way (afaik?) to improve or reroll.

- Edict Imperator (potentially combined with Astral Aim) to shoot a unit from your frontlines then scoot back to (slightly more) safety.

Any other good combos you've spotted, or early thoughts?

We are actually incredibly good against drukari imo. My first game, in the gt I went to, I bullied him extremely hard. My pilencer Purgations got +6 range and astral, my psycannon Purgations got edict. I gated my 10 man terminators in his face with all the buffs. Purgations popped transports my terminators killed everything inside and charged the rest. Leaving his characters in the open forcing him to commit or run. Game over Edited by Archadeus

We are actually incredibly good against drukari imo. My first game, in the gt I went to, I bullied him extremely hard. My pilencer Purgations got +6 range and astral, my psycannon Purgations got edict. I gated my 10 man terminators in his face with all the buffs. Purgations popped transports my terminators killed everything inside and charged the rest. Leaving his characters in the open forcing him to commit or run. Game over

That's interesting to hear! I guess if you take the fight to them before they get all their buffs from Power from Pain(?) that takes some of the edge off.

I feel that using legend dreadnoughts with 2 twin autocannons could do some damage to the fairly light transports.

8 strength 7 shots doing 2 damage each hitting on 2s.

In the other hand though, those same light transports pack a hell of a punch with all that dark lance

I feel that using legend dreadnoughts with 2 twin autocannons could do some damage to the fairly light transports.

8 strength 7 shots doing 2 damage each hitting on 2s.

In the other hand though, those same light transports pack a hell of a punch with all that dark lance

Are legends options being allowed in tourneys now?