Makers of custom resin or 3d bits?

Fellow fraters,

I have a idea for a conversion bit to be used with primaris marines, it's quite small and not that complex but I need a whole bunch of them. Does anyone know of a service or shop that are able to "design" it and produce the part?

Shapeways. In particular Red Warden Miniatures designed some beautiful Greek Swords for me, but there are many 40K themed store fronts, and most if not all of them advertise that they take commission - Martillo Y Cola has nice stuff, Plokoones Bits, The Reliquery. Just go to this Shapeways link  https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/games/tabletop-wargaming and look through the bits, find something you like, and ask the store owner if he can make what it is you're looking for. There is generally a fee for design.

There's also a "3d printing for 40k" group on Facebook, if you ask nicely someone may well have already made something similar or be prepared to do it for you on there. A lot of the guys are really enthusiastic and just looking for new challenges.

Rik

If the part isn't that complex, have you considered downloading Blender and designing out the bit?  Afterward, besides the already stated shapeways, and facebook options, you might find some local printers by searching for "rapid miniature prototyping" among other variation on the phrase. As long as they print in resin you should be pretty ok. I'd offer more direct help, but I just got my 3d printer and have only pulled off a few successful 3d prints so far.

Try these guys on ebay, they have been great, the weaponless handles they sell are from my designs and discussion and they are currently working on some more of my ideas:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dynamicprints

Not sure on timescales, but they did some bits for me within a few weeks and they are so, so, so much cheaper than Shapeways.