New stuff

Dread

Most of it was stuff already partially seen, by I loved most of it. I find the Palatine, Missionary, and Aestred Thurga kind of boring. The Palatine is not only already out and about, but she looks like a fancy Sister Superior. The missionary character...meh. I want a plastic priest kit reminiscent of the Canonness kit, with chainswords, shotguns, etc. Aestred is a good sculpt, but we already have squad banners and Imagifier.

I'm most excited for the boss lady and Paragon suits, followed by mace Celestians. I'll probably pick up third party power axes for stand in halberds, just not a fan of Halberd + large shield. I love the Halberd and the shield, just not together

I'm going to have to do something about those shields. Maybe the best way to have a gun-shield would be to let you actually use the shield bit while shooting things.

The Missionary I really love, it's so plain and unassuming, I just really like how they've put that model together, more like that to fill out plastic Ministrorum chracters would be ace. High Abbess is an auto-buy for me, that's a model I have to own. I'm expected a significant amount of cash getting dropped on pre-order weekend for me. 

I posted this in another thread but it is also germaine here:

The swords carried by the Paragons look to be relic blades rather than power swords just judging by size. If they do have relic blade stats that would definitely make them appealing for melee.

I posted this in another thread but it is also germaine here:

The swords carried by the Paragons look to be relic blades rather than power swords just judging by size. If they do have relic blade stats that would definitely make them appealing for melee.

I doubt the weapons will take their stats from either weapon choice. These are much larger exosuits and like dreadnoughts and even Penitent Engines their weapons will have bespoke profiles. No doubt the sword will probably have better ap and maybe more attacks while the maces will have a bigger boost to strength and damage but in no way do I expect them to use the literal power weapon or relic weapon profiles. Edited by Bonzi

I would really like the background for Morvenn Vahl to have her coming from an order that is not Order of Our Martyred Lady given that every other named battle sister so far is.

It's not going to happen, but it would be nice.

Edited by Banjulhu

I would really like the background for Morvenn Vahl to have her coming from an order that is not Order of Our Martyred Lady given that every other named battle sister so far is.

I'd like her to be orderless, based upon her position. Obviously, she would have risen through the ranks as a part of an order or another but it'd make for interesting fluff if she lost her order so that she could better represent the whole of the sororitas on Terra.

I'd like her to be orderless, based upon her position. Obviously, she would have risen through the ranks as a part of an order or another but it'd make for interesting fluff if she lost her order so that she could better represent the whole of the sororitas on Terra.

I'm not talking about the rules I was just talking about fluff.

What I expressly want and doubt I will get based on history and the white stripe in the hair, is for her background not to have Order of Our Martyred Lady mentioned at all.

, but we already have squad banners and Imagifier.

The Reliquant at Arms is a Palatine, which means she should be Orderless. This means that If I field a force of holy OoOML sisters and Bloody Rose Penitents, her aura will affect ALL of them. This is not true of Imagifiers, Simulacra, or even the Cannoness. Everyone wants to lump these units together and say they are the same because of the apparent similarities of the models, but their buffs operate in radically different ways.

I've posted elsewhere that not only did I hope this unit wasn't OoOML, but I also hoped she wouldn't even be from the same Convent. It would have made sense that she ascended to High Lord from the Convent Prioris- she was appointed AT Terra by Guilliman. However, the fluff says she was the Abbess Sanctorum prior to her promotion.

Having seen Frater Ibris' comment though, I'm sure she will be orderless. Still, it would be nice if her fluff had her come from Prioris- my preference would have been Ebon Chalice; that's Dominica's Order- it is utterly ridiculous that we don't have a named character from her order. I love Saint Katherine, don't get me wrong, but Dominica is the Matriarch who took Vandire's head, and her Order should have had a stronger role in leadership of the Sororitas as a whole- meaning more named characters.

Ive been content with all the new plastics to this point. Didnt really need anything else but a repentia re-do, sorry they just really dont look right to me, but getting the new stuff and dex will be nice. The celestians, i think, will fill the body guard role better so happy for that. The suits will be a welcome add and having a paragon will really be nice. So a thumbs up from me as long as they didnt mess up the dex.

I'll say that the Repentia were a lot of fun to paint and I enjoyed them more than I thought I would. I'll be grabbing a sizeable contingent of Paragons, they do do it for me. New Codex will be fun, even if I never managed to get a game in with the old one. Will need to rework my army list though. 

I was hoping for a generic hq in the paragon but the boss sister is cool too

As long as she isn’t locked into a specific order, then she can technically be played as a generic character. You know, In head cannon. More flexible than having a primarch who’s locked into a single chapter.

As long as she isn’t locked into a specific order, then she can technically be played as a generic character. You know, In head cannon. More flexible than having a primarch who’s locked into a single chapter.

I'll say that the Repentia were a lot of fun to paint and I enjoyed them more than I thought I would. I'll be grabbing a sizeable contingent of Paragons, they do do it for me. New Codex will be fun, even if I never managed to get a game in with the old one. Will need to rework my army list though.

I’m in the same boat. Never played a game with them, just finished my first model, a commission for someone with more knowledge than me. I did a little customizing for my repentia though. The worst part of the paragons is they’ve ruined my plans on having a few of every unit I like in a single list, maybe I’ll have to make a 3,000 point list to fit these lovely ladies in.

Yeah I get that. I just dont like using named characters at all. Feels too cheesy and unimaginative. That being said Celestine is a staple in all lists lol