Codex Incoming!

She's very 'brand new centrepiece character with loads of special rules' and outshines Celestine a bit, which annoys me. Living saints are unique to the sisters but big power armoured people aren't.

I just realised SoB will have 3 very different centrepiece models for your army codex to chose from. I'm kinda jealous.

Just imagining all 3 painted up and displayed side-by-side in the centre, surrounded by the rest of the army in all it's varied units...that'll be quite an enticing army to collect.

Wouldn't it be four? Junith, Trophy, Celestine, and the Abbess

Junith only counts for OoML -- she's an excellent center piece, but if you are playing as Bloody Rose or Argent Shroud you are less likely to have her, I think.

That’s true, I was mostly thinking in terms of the centerpiece aspect.

It’d be sick if GeeDub gave each of the orders a unique character, especially the Cannoness Superior for each order. Doubt we see it happen, but the SM treatment of every first founding having special characters would be much desired (not just for SoB but most factions)

I expect Morvenn to have an Army of Renown in Charadon 2. There will probably be an OoOML supplement too.

If they field like others Sisters walkers in units of 1-4, you're looking at Morvenn + up to 12 Paragons. Rule of three isn't a thing in Crusade, so you're covered there.

Previously, I had been thinking of a Penitent Walker force lead by Karamazov. Morvenn actually makes this work; Karamazov couldn't actually be in the same detachment as Penitent Walkers unless he's attached as an Agent, which means you need a 2nd HQ and Morvenn is the perfect choice. Keywords make this a really weird little detachment- here's how it would break down:

Morvenn: Adepta Sororitas Keyword, no <Order> Trait, access to AoF

Paragons: Adepta Sororitas Keyword, <Order> Trait, access to AoF

Karamazov: No Adepta Sororitas Trait, no <Order> Trait, no AoF

Mortifiers: Adepta Sororitas Keyword, no <Order Trait> no AoF

Penitent Engines: No Adepta Sororitas Keyword, no <Order Trait> no AoF

Can't wait to see this dex.

Oh that is a great idea as well @penitentone.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait and see if there is going to be an army of renown. Which does makes sense.

I guess that puts to rest the theory that Preachers/Missionaries are gone. Still blows my mind that they haven't replaced those models yet

Interesting that this isn't restricted to a single model type.

I like it! It really makes them an army of faith, not just an army with a preacher alongside like space marines with a chaplain. 

They're definitely keeping Missionaries, but elite level Preachers may go. 

If Dialogi and Dogmata are considered priests for the purposes of hymns, are they also priests for the purpose of unlocking Battle Conclaves?

I think the previous ability of War Hymns will become one of the prayers; the dialogus is likely to face a similar situation- her existing ability will be added to the list of possible prayers. In the case of these two "priest" models, the prayer replacing their datacard ability will become the "default" prayer for that model- the prayer it knows for free. In the case of the Dogmata, she's new, so her default prayer will form a third option in the list of six prayers. There may also be a subfaction specific prayer for each order.

What they should do for priests/ Confessors/ Missionaries is like what they did for the Inquisition but a little more expanded. 

HQ- Confessor and Missionary

Elite- Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders 

Troops- Priestly delegation (1-3 Priests per choice) 

Fast- Arco Flagellants

Heavy-  Pentient Engines

What they should do for priests/ Confessors/ Missionaries is like what they did for the Inquisition but a little more expanded. 

HQ- Confessor and Missionary

Elite- Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders 

Troops- Priestly delegation (1-3 Priests per choice) 

Fast- Arco Flagellants

Heavy-  Pentient Engines

It makes more sense to put Arco Flagellants as troops.

Between Death Cult, Crusaders and Arco Flagellants, Arcos are the only ones that could be described as plentiful, which is a key characteristic of troop choices.

You just have the down side that they are not objective secured.

But that is ok, because you can still give obsec to priests.

Maybe even give him a rule that allows him to count friendly models within radius for purposes of controlling an objective.

Edited by ValourousHeart

A lot for you here, friends:

This goes off-site, so please delete if not allowed mods, but the SoB community has made an excel sheet that contains all of the changes for the Sisters of Battle (including new units). Great resource.

Some text information:

Changes that are more than just points:

Celestine and Geminae one unit again. Geminae cannot be taken solo.

Nullrods and Simulacrums cost points again.

Missionary can now take a power maul?

Preacher can now take an upgrade that I don't know how to translate from italian?

Condemnor Boltguns cost the same as a heavy bolter?!?! Must be some rules changes for these...

Zeph moved to fast attack!

They fixed dominions having heavy options and retributors having special options typo from last MFM. Still forgot to put simulacrum on the ret options, but probably a typo and should be 5 pts not 0.

No special price for seraphim hand flamers anymore.

Vahl - 265 - 5 pts off my prediction :D

Paragon typo? 240 pts/model with 3 model units seems insane, probably 80 pts/model and they just put 240 since they can only be taken in 3s.

Blessings of the Faithful - Our upgrade options for characters I assume? Some of the names are a bit off translated from italian. No canoness superior upgrade option.

Edit: Sisters up to 5-20 size units. Maybe we get Admech style buffs and 20 sisters can mess someone up :D

Repentia 4-10?

Weird name for flamers. Different than the name for flamers in other imperial leaks. Maybe our flamers are special somehow?

Credit to MCWerp

A lot for you here, friends:

This goes off-site, so please delete if not allowed mods, but the SoB community has made an excel sheet that contains all of the changes for the Sisters of Battle (including new units). Great resource.

Some text information:

Changes that are more than just points:

Celestine and Geminae one unit again. Geminae cannot be taken solo.

Nullrods and Simulacrums cost points again.

Missionary can now take a power maul?

Preacher can now take an upgrade that I don't know how to translate from italian?

Condemnor Boltguns cost the same as a heavy bolter?!?! Must be some rules changes for these...

Zeph moved to fast attack!

They fixed dominions having heavy options and retributors having special options typo from last MFM. Still forgot to put simulacrum on the ret options, but probably a typo and should be 5 pts not 0.

No special price for seraphim hand flamers anymore.

Vahl - 265 - 5 pts off my prediction :biggrin.:

Paragon typo? 240 pts/model with 3 model units seems insane, probably 80 pts/model and they just put 240 since they can only be taken in 3s.

Blessings of the Faithful - Our upgrade options for characters I assume? Some of the names are a bit off translated from italian. No canoness superior upgrade option.

Edit: Sisters up to 5-20 size units. Maybe we get Admech style buffs and 20 sisters can mess someone up :biggrin.:

Repentia 4-10?

Weird name for flamers. Different than the name for flamers in other imperial leaks. Maybe our flamers are special somehow?

Credit to MCWerp

Repentia 4-10 is due to the Limited edition box most likely.

Missionary with power maul might be Thaddeus from Blackstone Fortress becoming a common choice, like Daedolosus going into AdMech as a Technoarcheologist.

Preacher weapon might similarly be Pious Vorne with her chains-flamer.

We don't know how the rules have changed, so it's difficult to assess the impact of any changes. The closer we get, the more nervous I am.

I look at these changes and see core rules nerfs for melee and vehicles and unit specific nerfs to Retributors.

No idea what the hell is up with the stormbolter changes but they went from 'maybe on a dominion squad?' to 'lol not even if I lost a bet!'

Edited by Blurf

Doesn't 80 points per model for Paragons seem pretty high? That's a fair bit higher then the Penitent walkers, kind of a halfway between PE's and Dreads

The leaked field manual has them 3 times that price, per model doesn't it?

Doesn't 80 points per model for Paragons seem pretty high? That's a fair bit higher then the Penitent walkers, kind of a halfway between PE's and Dreads

Further up this thread the point was made that that's likely the cost per model. 240 points per model would make a squad of three more then an Imperial Knight, and it seems that these things are boxed in threes. Even 80 seems fairly high imo, although if that's the case I wouldn't be shocked to see a decent invul or a 2+ save.

Further up this thread the point was made that that's likely the cost per model. 240 points per model would make a squad of three more then an Imperial Knight, and it seems that these things are boxed in threes. Even 80 seems fairly high imo, although if that's the case I wouldn't be shocked to see a decent invul or a 2+ save.

It's an odd cost given we have seen that Vahl's statline so have a good idea what the paragons will have (Mv 8, S5, T5, less than 8 wounds - I would guess 4 or 5 and probably a 2+/4++ set of saves at best). Maybe their guns are better versions of the basic versions or they have some powerful combat/shooting trick baked in that justifies them being the cost of 2 terminators.

Do we know if the 80pts cost was for just the chassis or did it also include the weapons?

We could be setting up for the crisis battle suit costing problem that the Tau went through in 8th every edition.

It's an odd cost given we have seen that Vahl's statline so have a good idea what the paragons will have (Mv 8, S5, T5, less than 8 wounds - I would guess 4 or 5 and probably a 2+/4++ set of saves at best). Maybe their guns are better versions of the basic versions or they have some powerful combat/shooting trick baked in that justifies them being the cost of 2 terminators.

Do we know if the 80pts cost was for just the chassis or did it also include the weapons?

We could be setting up for the crisis battle suit costing problem that the Tau went through in 8th every edition.

Only Multi-melta listed as +10 points. Which would mean, that all other melee and ranged options don't influence the cost. 80 pts based on Centurions would be feasible. For 240 points they would have to be on par with a souped up demon prince :biggrin.: Edited by Vanger

Yeah i can see the idea of movement 8 and being able to do shooting and melee well on something that has centurion stats adding a bit of a premium. Maybe we have been spoilt as of late with lots of cheep elite choices.