A Bug's Life: Tyranids Painting Challenge Results & Rewards

Xenith

Definitely a big beastie, a good way to end the event (assuming you complete..? :tongue.: ). With my use of gaunts I will get one eventually I reckon, by then hopefully it'll be a bit better but it's one of the most nid units out there and will be an eye catching model on the table :smile.:

Definitely a big beastie, a good way to end the event (assuming you complete..? :tongue.: ). With my use of gaunts I will get one eventually I reckon, by then hopefully it'll be a bit better but it's one of the most nid units out there and will be an eye catching model on the table :smile.:

For sure! I'm running a crusade campaign also, possibly one game type where the tervigon has a place. I also think that it'll get a major overhaul in the 9th ed codex. It has such potential to make you buy additional models.

Nids might be the one army that can/should legitimately break the 'reinforcement units cost points' rules of the game. You could just change that right now and it would make them a lot more compeititive I think, and give the army the endless horde feel that they have in the fluff. 

That Tervigon looks super cool, I've wanted to get one for ages, but keep putting it on the backburner for other armies. I wish I'd come to B&C earlier and seen this. I could have used a good excuse to work on my 100+ unpainted gaunts. XD

I would, but I'm neck deep in getting the rest of my Kroot painted for my local league. They're allowing unpainted models so long as the army gets progressively more painted every round. It was a good inspiration to get them done. 

I'll see if I can find some time to throw something together. My Tyranid scheme is pretty minimalistic because, you know, swarm and all that. 

Edited by Tawnis

Talking of progress, I’ve just got back from holiday!

My vow is for 8 Genestealers for 8PL

I know I don’t have much time but I’ll go for it!

These are the last Tyranid models I have! So the timing of this event is perfect for me.

51626075060_96bc47dffc_c.jpgVow

Last models you have for now :P We're on the last stretch so let's get the last completions in (or even vows...) :D

Very true! There’s always more to come!

TrawlingCleaner, great work and at speed too!

I’m still at it, I have six Genestealers to go and only 4 days. It’s gonna be a last minute dash!

For the greater glory of Hive Fleet Zorak......

APPLE PIE

med_gallery_49400_16060_360270.jpg

gallery_49400_16060_10798.jpg

EXCELLENT

med_gallery_49400_16060_844769.jpg

med_gallery_49400_16060_406987.jpg

med_gallery_49400_16060_317543.jpgmed_gallery_49400_16060_249769.jpg

These models were supposed to be my September vow, but all I had time for was priming before family matters diverted all my time and energy. But even a late vow is still a vow, so on 1 October I started painting a few minutes here and there. I just finished the bases for the Tyranid Warriors this morning. So, to date my Tyranid army consists of...

• HQ: 1 Broodlord
  • TROOPS: 10 Genestealers, 10 Genestealers, 3 Tyranid Warriors
  • FAST ATTACK: 10 Gargoyles

med_gallery_49400_16060_710640.jpg

October was crazy busy so I didn't finish base painting until 23 Oct. All my washes and detailing was done from the 24th through this morning. Here are some more picks if you're a glutton for punishment......

Hidden Content

sml_gallery_49400_16060_869376.jpgsml_gallery_49400_16060_681621.jpgsml_gallery_49400_16060_564741.jpgsml_gallery_49400_16060_690613.jpg

sml_gallery_49400_16060_1066024.jpgsml_gallery_49400_16060_104018.jpgsml_gallery_49400_16060_713440.jpg

I still need one Heavy Support unit to round out my Tyranid army build project for the year. While waiting for paint to dry last night I processed and built the components for a Carnifex brood. Sooo..... since I still have a few days left in October:yes: and to show that I've learned absolutely nothing about biting off more than I can chew:no:...

I, Brother Lunkhead for the greater glory of Hive Fleet Zorak, vow to paint 3 Carnifexes (? Points/18 Power Rating) by the end of the October challenge:wacko.:

Here's what I finished last night......

med_gallery_49400_16060_1894929.jpg

Late this afternoon I primed them:

med_gallery_49400_16060_165442.jpg

Oooh boy, this is gonna be GREAT:woot: :eek: Wish me luck.

Sp it has been an a long month, but I have this morning finished this month’s vow. I had hoped to finish last weekend or maybe earlier and do a second lot this month, but it was not to be.

Group shot

gallery_29932_13875_42686.jpg

Tyrants

Either Tyrant can hold the staff or a sword as I have one staff and two swords magnetized for the two of them. I tried to go with much darker wood for them, with some drybrushing to bring out details, but all in all I think it doesn’t work as well as when I have mixed dark and medium wood for different sections (seethe Carnifex). They should however easily stand out. The Swords where done with skeleton horde so that they would look more bone like as they are boneswords. But it came out very similar to the agrath treatment on the claws. Probably hard to see (and several are round the back) but there are a number of tyrnaid glands and similar bits integrated into them to tie them in a bit closer to what they are supposed to be.

gallery_29932_13875_51035.jpg

gallery_29932_13875_20293.jpg

Carnifex

When o original built the army this was one of my favorites, and I am glad to see that he came out great.

gallery_29932_13875_27248.jpg

Edit:

While packing up the three to clear my painting table I did a count of how many Treeranids I have left. Only 50 built and 1 unbuilt models to go as it stands. Or roughly 40% of the total as I have it.

So that plus figuring out and basing everything once it is finished means I am probably half done with the army. I guess I know what I am doing in next year’s A Bug’s Life (assuming it happens again).

Edited by Trokair

My October stuff is finished:

BA9u785.jpg

Incidentally those two extended carapace genestealers are the final two miniatures from my very first box of minis, back in 2008. I never got around to painting them all until now.

Edited by Arson Fire

Unfortunately my day, clear of plans rapidly filled up with interruptions, so for now, it looks like this will be it for October. If the Event is still open when I get home tomorrow, I'll try and finish off a few of the Cultists, they're all 30-50% done.

gallery_48988_16869_480413.jpg

Great submissions gents! Some really excellent work going on.

Well I’ve finished my Genestealers on time!

51645471755_ed8b3dccdd_c.jpgGenestealers

With that I’ve painted all the Nids I have atm!

I have a massive backlog of other projects that I’ll need to make a dent in if I want more goodies for Christmas!!

Special thanks to Xenith for running this event, I don’t think I would’ve painted all these models without it.