A Bug's Life: Tyranids Painting Challenge Results & Rewards

Xenith

Got some time this weekend to make good progress on my vow:

gallery_30308_16534_8358.jpg

I expect to be able to finish him in the next week though that may depend on how well my Baal Red lasts... If not then I've a couple of weeks until my replacement arrives so I should still be in time for this month's completion :tongue.:

I'll submit a maleceptor (+ magnetised toxicrene parts) and 5 genestealers for August.

CAXO6h1.jpg

Great vow, don't think I've ever seen a painted Maleceptor outside studio armies!

Got some time this weekend to make good progress on my vow:

gallery_30308_16534_8358.jpg

I expect to be able to finish him in the next week though that may depend on how well my Baal Red lasts... If not then I've a couple of weeks until my replacement arrives so I should still be in time for this month's completion :tongue.:

Rapid progress on that one, great work!

-----------------

Updated to here.

Big vow, Trokair!

Your last lot were converted with Tyranid weapons and such - did you do anything to these guys?  It might be good to add some 40k gubbins to the bases, etc, to ground them into that universe - they run the risk of being site-inappropriate!

-------------

Updated to here. 

I'll get some Zoanthropes one day... I'll see about it later in the year perhaps as a reward if I've painted enough of my existing nids. Making good progress in this respect as I have one more fex done to complete this month's vow:

gallery_30308_16534_5559.jpg

gallery_30308_16534_26368.jpg

More pictures in my WIP as normal, was nice to be working on a larger model - keeps things new. I'm thinking of those other gaunts for the next vow as to not leave any unfinished business, I have a secondary idea to pursue but I'll need to see what I can do there as well so maybe the month after for that.

I'll get some Zoanthropes one day... I'll see about it later in the year perhaps as a reward if I've painted enough of my existing nids. Making good progress in this respect as I have one more fex done to complete this month's vow:

gallery_30308_16534_5559.jpg

gallery_30308_16534_26368.jpg

More pictures in my WIP as normal, was nice to be working on a larger model - keeps things new. I'm thinking of those other gaunts for the next vow as to not leave any unfinished business, I have a secondary idea to pursue but I'll need to see what I can do there as well so maybe the month after for that.

Awesome model, love that pattern on the bigger bugs. You're also the first completion in August so well done! Plenty of time for another vow :wink:

Also guys, if you haven't started up a WIP blog for your nids, then it would be great to see one - Nid's are really underrepresented on the site and we need to take over! 

Starting up a topic to show off your completed and WIP models either in the Tyranids or WIP section of the Forge would be ace, and hopefully motivational!

Nice harpy, Jud.

Here's my next entry in the 'How low can Rogue get his monthly power level score' competition, and this month I'm setting the bar even lower than usual with 0.75 power. How? you probably aren't asking. By vowing a single Jackal. Hurrah.

jackals

It's the one in the middle. RogueBaby v2 has put a serious dent in my hobby time, so there's a fair chance I won't even manage this, but I'm not giving up yet. The jackal is a bit further on that the photo shows, because the photo is already two weeks old, and yes, it has taken me that long to get it uploaded. But I've still not finished the base layers yet, so still a long way to go...

Nice harpy, Jud.

Here's my next entry in the 'How low can Rogue get his monthly power level score' competition, and this month I'm setting the bar even lower than usual with 0.75 power. How? you probably aren't asking. By vowing a single Jackal. Hurrah.

It's the one in the middle. RogueBaby v2 has put a serious dent in my hobby time, so there's a fair chance I won't even manage this, but I'm not giving up yet. The jackal is a bit further on that the photo shows, because the photo is already two weeks old, and yes, it has taken me that long to get it uploaded. But I've still not finished the base layers yet, so still a long way to go...

I, Brother Lemartes, Commander of the Hive, pledge to paint the following 4 warriors to the value of 100pts in the month of  August 2021:

Awesome, added both! Lemartes, have we seen your scheme before?

-----------------

Updated to here. 

Quick update! Nearly there - here's the 3 new Zoans with my 3 others, the 6 man unit is going to terrorise my gaming club, d3+3 mortal wounds at a time.

Family shot of the zoanthropes! Just the bases to go. I also went back and updated the carapace on my older zoans, who were basically just pot codex grey/grey seer without the fnal blend to the much brighter white I use. You can also see the change in purple I used for shading the carapace, gone from darker...Hormagaunt purple to two thick swipes of magos purple, and I keep the deeper purple for the talons etc.

gallery_58096_13272_391891.jpg

Looking at the totals completed, it seems things are going to get shaken up this month, we have a few members with big totals so far that haven't vowed for August, as well as three massive vows of >10PL from Jud, Trokair and Arson Fire! 

Total PL painted so far/Frater/Vow for August

21.6 @Xenith3 Zoanthropes  (7 PL)

13 @Jud Cottrell12 Termagants, 1 Harpy, 3 Spore Mines (15 PL)

12 @Trokair30 Hormagaunts + 3 Zoanthropes (16 PL)

9.5 @Arson Fire:  1 Maleceptor + 5 Genestealers (13 PL)

9 @our_baz

8.6 @TPS

8.5 @Halandaar3 Warriors (4PL)

7.8 @Rogue1 Atalan Jackal (0.75 PL)