A Bug's Life: Tyranids Painting Challenge Results & Rewards

Xenith

Good to see work continues, especially as the end of the monthly deadline starts to approach. Just as well I've finished my vow then :tongue.:

gallery_30308_16534_4019.jpg

I couldn't find my next vow, but it was only a passing look so I will search again when I can :smile.: Keep the updates coming everyone :biggrin.:

Finished my vow!

A Carnifex for 6PL.

51509420719_d8c9bbb6c4_c.jpgTyranids Carnifex

More pics in the Hive Fleet Ariagnee thread!

Nice. I do like the effect along the edges of the armoured plates.

Here's my own completion, for 4PL:

Good to see work continues, especially as the end of the monthly deadline starts to approach. Just as well I've finished my vow then :tongue.:

gallery_30308_16534_4019.jpg

I couldn't find my next vow, but it was only a passing look so I will search again when I can :smile.: Keep the updates coming everyone :biggrin.:

Finished !!

The big bug is now all painted up. Let's see whether I manage to make a base for it as well.

my50pPX.jpg

Lots of big bugs! Awesome work guys! I've lost a lot of steam this month and barely got anything painted. I'll try to vow something at leat for Sept and do it over the weekend.

--------------------------

Updated to here.

At just over two hours, that is positively rude. How do you do it? I could easily spend that long just trying to get one head to look as good as yours.

I've become a Contrast convert. Nothing on those is traditional paint other than some Phoenician Purple thinned and glazed over Magos Purple for the carapace.

The paint is still drying on the Carnifex count as, but it is done, and with it this months vow is complete. Will post pictures in the morning.

Edit: Picture time.

gallery_29932_13875_94741.jpg

Carnifex from various angles

gallery_29932_13875_199973.jpg

Ace treeman conversion! Got any closer up pics of the biovore and mines?

Here are some better shots of the biovores. They are converted out of Kurnoth hunters, the legs became the forelimbs, the arms and some greenstuff became the back limbs, some Tyranid gun (from the drop pod thing I think) went where the neck and head goes and the head went onto some of the branches that normally form part of the back. The Spore mines are just the little critters from the Kurnoth hunter kit that go with the bow version.

gallery_29932_13875_105891.jpg

Edited by Trokair

Death or glory Xen! :laugh.: The event ends the 1st of November Jud, that means the upcoming event month of October is the last one - plenty of time to get eight Genestealers done right? :wink:

Unfortunately I haven't been very well this weekend so didn't get to look for my next vow, but if it makes anyone feel any better a lot of other things didn't get done either... :ermm:

Well, if there's plenty of time to get eight genestealers done, I'm going to pledge four of them (for 3.2 PL), for completion before the end of October.

genestealers

These are the first of my old Space Hulk 'stealers to get the meths treatment, so that I can bring them in line with the rest of my Cult force. Only twenty more to go after this, with every chance that there'll still be some to finish off as part of Bug's Life 2022...

Edited by Rogue