A Bug's Life: Tyranids Painting Challenge Results & Rewards

Xenith

Just want to say a big thank you to Xenith for putting this on, it's been a great event with so many wonderful entries from everyone! It's really helped me focus my painting mojo  and keep to a deadline rather than letting it run amock like it usually does :biggrin.: 

Thanks Xen!

Game over man, game over!

-----------------------------------------------------------

That's the official end of A Bug's Life (for this year?), so I'll be accepting no more completions, and will start totting up the final points. Thanks to everyone who entered and made this challenge a success - look back upon your painted models and congratulate yourselves on a monumental effort also! 

That's the official end of A Bug's Life (for this year?), so I'll be accepting no more completions, and will start totting up the final points. Thanks to everyone who entered and made this challenge a success - look back upon your painted models and congratulate yourselves on a monumental effort also!

It's 08:31! I've got 29 mins yet! :laugh.:

gallery_84244_15233_148444.jpg

It's 08:31! I've got 29 mins yet! :laugh.:

Go on then! Forgot I'd said 9am GMT - been hopping time zones with work the last week - it's 0938 where I was last thursday! 

---------------------------------

Edit at 10am GMT - GAME OVER! 

Edited by Xenith

It's 08:31! I've got 29 mins yet! :laugh.:

Go on then! Forgot I'd said 9am GMT - been hopping time zones with work the last week - it's 0938 where I was last thursday! 

---------------------------------

Edit at 10am GMT - GAME OVER! 

It is also the time of year when the clocks change, and they don’t change in all places at the same time. (I believe North America is a week after Europe for example).

Yes, but if you are used to knowing that your time is GMT - 5 so converted that to 4 am local time in your head and then only looked at local time (instead of looking up what the current GMT time is), but then forgot that the shift to winter time makes it GMT -4 you suddenly have another hour.

I had a online meeting last week where the North American lot turned up an hour early and wondered why everybody was late.

++A Bug’s Life 2021++

++Results and Final Summary++

tenor.gif

Well, what can I say, this event has exceeded all of my expectations, and that’s down to all of you who joined in and painted a heck ton of Tyranids!

It’s been a fun 5 month ride, and I can say that between us we managed to paint a massive 406 PL, or roughly 8,120 points of Tyranid models. That’s frankly insane, and you should all be proud of the group effort, and managing to smash out so many painted models on an individual basis.

Thanks for all the kind comments above, I’m glad that the even has been fun and motivating – we’ll probably do another sometime, whether it’s next year or bi-annually to allow the grey piles to grow, we’ll have to see. Being honest, I probably need more than 6 months off before all this starts again!

A Bug's Life Painting Challenge Statistics:
Total PL Painted: 406
Total Points Painted: ~8119
Total Models Painted: 368
Monsters Painted: 20
Largest single vow: 35 PL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And now, ranks and rewards for your participation. We have a series of A Bugs’s Life signature badges that have been made for us by the esteemed @Grotsmasha, each corresponding to the number of successful vows you made. The ranks are Tyrant, Broodlord, Warrior, Stealer, Gaunt and Ripper, for 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0 completed vows respectively. Badges are available in 200x100 px and 100x100 px, so you can choose whichever version you wish to display.

You are eligible to display the appropriate badge for your number of completed vows, and your rewards are as follows:

Tyrant (5 Vows Completed):

Congratulations, you are a true leader of the swarm, tenacious and unrelenting. Take the Tyrant badge as a reward.

Arson Fire

Jud Cottrell

Rogue

Trokair

Warriorfish

Xenith

gallery_48988_17207_5690.png gallery_48988_17207_10696.png

Broodlord (4 Vows Completed):

Fast and deadly, you are the enemy of grey plastic everywhere, and have earned the rank of Broodlord.

Halandaar

gallery_48988_17207_40005.png gallery_48988_17207_8082.png

Warrior (3 Vows Completed):

Strong and stable, you are the backbone of the Hive Fleet and crucial to it’s victory over the grey piles of biomass.

Grotsmasha

Ruskinses

gallery_48988_17207_3102.png gallery_48988_17207_20370.png

Stealer (2 Vows Completed):

Either lying in wait for the opportune moment to strike, or attacking fast then getting flamered, you are a genestealer who has served the hive mind in the war against the unpainted.

Azekai

Brother Lunkhead

our_baz

TPS

Trawling Cleaner

gallery_48988_17207_18280.png gallery_48988_17207_17027.png

Gaunt (1 Vow Completed):

You took an objective, you held an objective, it’s what we can expect from a gaunt, and an invaluable contribution to the cause.

Brother Lemartes

gallery_48988_17207_23175.png gallery_48988_17207_26433.png

Ripper (0 Vows Completed):

You have broken your vows to the Hive Mind, and are relegated to the status of Ripper – off to the digestion pools with you!

Brother Argent

Mike Zulu

ThePenitentOne

gallery_48988_17207_1260.png gallery_48988_17207_430.png

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Special Awards

In addition, we have three more special awards, one for whoever painted the biggest bugs, another for the one who painted the most bugs, and one for our overall champion who painted the most models. The first place in each category can proudly display their personal victory badge in their signature, while second and third place in each category have been recorded and given an honourable mention.

The Highest total PL is the greatest prize and reward, so to be in the top 3 for this I excluded you from the other awards.

Hive Commander (Highest total PL Painted)

1 Trokair (68.0)

2 Trawlingcleaner (52.0)

3 Xenith (41.6)

gallery_48988_17207_35379.png gallery_48988_17207_15603.png

Swarmlord (Most Completed Models)

1 Ruskinses (52)

2 Arson Fire (38)

3 Jud Cottrell (31)

gallery_48988_17207_43058.png gallery_48988_17207_2082.png

Nidzilla (Most wounds per model*completions)

1 our_baz (26.0 – 12 wound average, 2 completions)

2 Warriorfish (15.0 - 3 wound average, 5 completions)

3 TPS (11.0 – 5.5 wound average, 2 completions)

gallery_48988_17207_10216.png gallery_48988_17207_19198.png

A big thank you to Xenith for running this event, it has been fun.

It was also nice to see so many models completed by everybody and the various colour schemes, considering it is a less popular army with way to many models to paint on average.

Be happy to participate again, time permitting, when you run another one. I got a little over half my built Treeranids done in this event, so another one should see the army finished. Barring any more biomass acquisition and conversion in the mean time…   

Edited by Trokair

Thanks all, it was definitely fun to run and take part in, and I'm pleased at the enthusiasm and dedication from you all!

I'm thinking of having some kind of showcase, or show-off of the armies and models completed, both here and on Instagram.

If you're on IG, follow Bolter and Chainsword, upload an army photo of everything you've painted as part of A Bug's Life, then tag @bolter.and.chainsword in the post, with the #bolterandchainsword and #abugslife hashtags, then we'll try and feature the armies on the IG page! 

Similarly, if you're not on IG but give us permission to share your efforts, post your army shot here, and we can stick a photo on the IG page!