A Bug's Life: Tyranids Painting Challenge Results & Rewards

Xenith

It all counts! Did you already have some painted 'gants for your swarm, or are these a new unit?

I have 12 painted already, so with the next four that'll bring me up to 20 :smile.: I think that should be a decent number at least for my needs as I like to fill my Troop slots with lots of different units. Plus I have more I can get to work on if I want :tongue.:

Unfortunately it's a rather warm day today so I'm leery of priming, but I should get time to nip out for a quick bit of spray painting early tomorrow before it can get too warm :thumbsup: Maybe I can piggle away across lunch breaks? As I've already done the long mile of getting plenty of core units done being able to pick up small groups of models like this to finish is quite refreshing - definitely the best way of adding to the swarm :biggrin.:

I haven't forgotten about a Carnifex, but I'll need a whole month to finish that. I'll keep the next four Termagaunts ready for next month in hopes of getting that base; if not then I'll be pledging a fex afterwards :smile.:

Well I’ve finished July’s vow!

3 more Hive Guard for Hive Fleet Ariagnee!

51319997131_9e2718c69e_c.jpgTyranid Hive Guard

I’m still trying to decide whether to vow a Harpy or some Termagants for August’s vow? Anyone got a preference?

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s progress!

Got some progress to report, they're just waiting on the details and bases now:

gallery_30308_16534_28986.jpg

Should be ok to finish them this week :thumbsup: After that, I'm thinking about preparing next month's vow... will see how things pan out. Keep the updates coming everyone, been a bit quiet here lately :wink:

With the painting on my gaunt brood finished, my vow for the month is complete! A fresh wave of chitin to clog the trenches and eat bullets with inhuman enthusiasm.

iZHqiBu.png?1

I also cannot decide how to base them. Superglue would be quick, but I am worried about the fumes in my poorly ventilated home.

I had ok luck with PVA, sand and paint, but the mixture tends to adhere more to the tools I am using to spread it than to the plastic base.

Genestealers are good at hiding :laugh.:

Love the colours on them Azekai, the lime green and bone work so well together (and was my nid scheme in DoW II :biggrin.: ). Would be great to see it on a larger model like a fex or something... :wink::tongue.: As for the basing are you looking for other ways to do your scheme? I don't think you should worry too much about superglue as you're not using loads of it, an open window ideally nearby should suffice :smile.:

I thought I had painted all my Tyranids last year. Turns a Broodlord and 2 Genestealers have managed to hide from my brushes.

I should have them painted until August.

qBgvyrO.jpg

Welcome to the Hive, TPS, is that an official vow, that yu'll have them done by August 2nd?

With the painting on my gaunt brood finished, my vow for the month is complete! A fresh wave of chitin to clog the trenches and eat bullets with inhuman enthusiasm.

iZHqiBu.png?1

I also cannot decide how to base them. Superglue would be quick, but I am worried about the fumes in my poorly ventilated home.

I had ok luck with PVA, sand and paint, but the mixture tends to adhere more to the tools I am using to spread it than to the plastic base.

Nie work! How are you trying to pply the sand? It sounds like you're making a sand/pva mash and trying to spead it on? With PVA, you just paint it onto the base, then dip the models in the sand, shake the excess off, and leave it to dry. Otherwise GW texture paints are fine microbeads/grit in paint which you can spatula on really quickly.

Vow complete!

gallery_30308_16534_27239.jpg

I am planning next month's vow, might be able to squeeze a fex in but we'll need to see...

Great work, the snow sets them off!

Welcome to the Hive, TPS, is that an official vow, that yu'll have them done by August 2nd?

Yeah, that will totally work out!

Awesome, added you to the front page!

-------------

Update to here!

In keeping with my fine tradition of procrastination:yes:, I should have my vow up tomorrow and everything painted by the 31st. I'm taking a few days vacation, so no excuses for not finishing this up on time:no:

GENESTEALERS IN THE KITCHEN:eek: ..... Don't you just hate that.

med_gallery_49400_16060_1420039.jpg

Once again, late to the party:blush.: Had some unexpected business out of town, but I'm back and ready to paint:yes: Sooo....

I, Brother Lunkhead vow to paint one Genestealer Brood (20 Genestealers, 16 PL (I think)/300 Pts (I think)) in the month of July.

I know, I know:facepalm: ..... and yes, I am just a little bit mad:wacko.: But, since I cleaned and built all these little guys last night, and since I'm off (from work that is) for the next few days, I think I can get this done just under the deadline......I think:unsure.:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead