1000 pts wolves against new dark eldar this weekend

lonewolf81

Patrol

Custom Chapter (born heroes, whirlwind of rage)

HQ

140 Wolflord with jumpack(thunder hammer, armour of russ) warlord (imperium sword, saga of hunter)

90 Runepriest (runic axe, psychic fortress, might of heroes, smite)

TROOPS

100 5xbloodclaws (1xpowerfist)

110 5xintercessors(5xautobolt,1xpowerfist)

ELITES

185 1xredemptor (macro plasma, onslaught gatling, storm bolters, icarus)

200 5xterminators (3xcombimelta/stormshiled,2xcombimelta/chainfist)

FAST ATTACK

1xcyber wolf

1xcyberwolf

HEAVY SUPPORT

155 3xeradicators (2xheavy melta, 1xmultimelta)

1000 on the nose

TACTIC

So my plan is to keep cyber wolves in my backfield for objectives so my troops can move/advance towards middle. My Hqs and the redemptor will move towards the middle too. My Runepriest will cast 5+ inv aura and might of heroes on the dread to make those lances wound on 4s. My Wolflord will be protecting my main force from potential early charges. Eradicators will outflank and termies will teleport turn 2 cause I probably won't be able to see anything turn 1 cause of obscuring terrain and turn 2 will get a better fire angle. My Wolflord will try to provide rerolls for my reserves if possible. Termies will get +1 to hit strat and eradicators will get keen senses.

Edited by lonewolf81

Looks pretty tasty. Not a lot of bodies but the bodies you do have should hit like a ton of bricks. I am a big fan of the mixed loadouts we can run with Termies so very interested to see how this works out for you.

Please post a batrep when you are done. :smile.:

Will do mate... I am expecting at least 1 triple lance ravager, a raider with 10 true born with 2xblaster, 1xlance, upgraded archon, and the remaining points will either be a witch cult or a coven... If he brings lots of melee I am spending one cp to get the tome of malcador so my priest can have the murderous hurricane in addition to armour of russ fight last debuff Edited by lonewolf81

So we had the game in the weekend and the battle ended in end of turn 3...but who won???

Warning!!! Wall of text incoming!!!

The opponent brought an archon with a court (2xslith, 2xurgul), a raider with 10 true born (2x blaster, 1xlance),1xtriple lance ravager,2xsuccubus, a raider with 10 witches, 6 bikes with 2 heat lances.

The board had 2 ruins in each players deployment zone, a ruin in the center of the board and some minor other terrain like pipes, boxes etc

Turn 1

I get first turn. I move the priest, wolf Lord and the dread behind the center ruin, the intercessors move to the right flank taking cover behind a container. Each cyber wolf takes a flank. Bloodclaws stay in my backfield. The priest casts 5+inv and might of heroes on the dread so the lances wound on 4+. Termies and eradicators deploy in reserves. I can't see anything to shoot.

He moves his bikes and the ravager in a way that he can shoot my dread. All other stuff stay hidden cause he couldn't see anything with them. The combination of might of heroes plus the 5+ inv worked and the bikes and the ravager managed to take only 5 wounds of my dread.

Turn 2

My intercessors and the dread annihilate the bikes who where exposed. The ravager after it shot, it went back out of Los with the strat so I couldn't see it. I keep my stuff in reserve and camp the middle objectives with my intercessors and cyber wolves while my dread, Hqs and now the blood claws stay hidden behind the center ruin. The priest casts the same powers. I wanted to force him out in the center

In his turn 2

Moves the archon and the court to deal with my intercessors and all his other forces to deal with my force in the middle.The ravager takes another go at my dread along with the blasters of the kabalites in the raider who had to advance to get line of sight. The defensive buffs made a difference along with - 1 damage and the dread lives with 3 wounds remaining . The witches charge the bloodclaws, the succubus charges my Hqs, the other succubus fails to charge. I make the succubus fight last and I interve with my busted dread to the witches (that was a mistake). The witches unleash a bucket load of attacks split between my claws and the dread. I rolled lots of 4s and 5s and used a command reroll for the dread, all in all the dread and the bloodclaws pack leader live with 1 wound each... The dread just couldn't die buhahaha. The archon and the court make short work of my intercessors and there is none left. My Hqs kill the succubus and the bloodclaws plus the dread cut down 2 witches. Now he is exposed...

Turn 3 terminators drop and kill a model from the court and fail their charge (but they are now in my opponents zone,eradicators come from the flank on my side in range of my Wolflord and pop open the raider with the kabalites. The Runepriest and the Wolflord charge the kabalites and killed them all, one cyber wolf charges the ravager and the other charges the other raider to shut them down, they both stay in combat with one wound left :) . The priest made the other succubus fight last. The remaining witches die from dreads shooting phase and leadership.

The game is comming to an end.

In his turn the ravager falls back and shoots with his last cp at my eradicators and rolls 3 2s to hit. :(. He was playing the reroll 1xwound kabal. He conceded after that...

The game was pretty much won by the 5+ inv and might of heroes on the dread along with the in built - 1 damage. He draw insane firepower and stayed alive (OK I rolled hot on his turn 2 though for my saves) . All in all really happy with the outcome :) if I ididnt have access to those powers I would have lost the dread turn 1 and probably the game :)

Edited by lonewolf81