Starting a Crusade need some advice on purchases

So starting a Crusade at 25pl with my gaming group. I've only got a kellermorph, a box of neophytes, 5 acolytes with a saw and a box of aberrants. Which would be the current smart investment to expand on and suggestions for hqs? Thanks for any help!

I'd always go with your favourite models, otherwise there's a great thread on the first page of this section about starting GSC at 500pts. Here it is.

At 500pts, the gist was Patriarch+ friends, or primus + a heavy choice, like a Leman Russ. It depends on what aspect of GSC's youre swinging towards, the military unit side, or the gribbly alien side. Picking up acolytes and aberrants, it seems you like the monsters more?

The Primus is always a good option. His +1 to hit in combat aura is golden, and even better with the Alien Majesty warlord trait. if your primary plan is to kill things by punching them, he's great.

The Magus is another useful choice - psychic powers in small games can by very handy, especially if he's unopposed; and if there is an enemy psyker around, Spiritual Leader goes a long way towards shutting them down. I currently like giving him the Crouchling relic and the Cult's Psyche stratagem to know three (plus smite), cast two (or three once per game) and +1 to cast, which could be a lot of fun at 25 power.

Alternatively, if you really want to lean into the monster side of things, the Abominant is fluffy fun. Very hit or miss in combat, but awesome when he does connect. 

Beyond HQs, you can't go wrong with more acolytes (if your wallet can take it - £25 for five is steep), with as many rock saws as you can get, plus an icon. Or from the same kit, metamorphs. In point terms, people tend to look down on them because of their cost, but in power level games, they come in at the same cost as acolytes for a bonus attack. If you have the rock saws (or need more troop slots), acolytes are still brilliant. But if you have a spare elite slot, power level might be the way to make metamorphs work.

But as Xenith says, go for things you like the look of. The nice thing about power level games is that you don't need to worry so much about what a unit has, because the power level rarely changes for wargear. So model for fun, or rule of cool, and then throw them down and see what happens.