New minis inbound

Community article on the Space Marine aircraft is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/29/unlock-versatility-lethal-aggression-and-onboard-repairmen-with-the-astartes-in-wrath-of-angels/

It has some of the weapon stats for both aircraft in it, plus some info on the upgrades.

Eldar are tomorrow.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Eldar article is up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/30/heres-how-the-asuryani-aircraft-in-wrath-of-angels-put-the-younger-races-in-their-place/

Rather unsurprisingly, they have high move (8 for the Nightwings), manoeuvres (1-9 & 1-7), and jink.  Holo fields force re-rolling all 6's at long range, and 1x 6 at medium range...

Cool stuff. Now I need to determine what Craftworld and what Chapter to paint as. I'm thinking Ulthwé for CWE and Lamenters for SM, but not quite decided yet.

This is my first entry into Aeronautica, really excited to see SM and CWE in the same release.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Well I've ordered the box set and both sets of cards. Hopefully Dark Sphere will get enough of the latter to fulfil the order.

I'm honestly a bit torn on AI. I love the minis but the game itself really doesn't do it for me. At least it's relatively cheap, by GW's standards.

I'm honestly a bit torn on AI. I love the minis but the game itself really doesn't do it for me.

Does the first edition look any more interesting to you? Admittedly, it's a bit hard to find a copy of the rulebook, but it's a bit more in-depth :smile.:

Wonder when the tbird drops...

I'd be interested to know that too. :smile.: I would guess the Fire Raptors and ground assets might appear at the same time ... 

I'm honestly a bit torn on AI. I love the minis but the game itself really doesn't do it for me.

Does the first edition look any more interesting to you? Admittedly, it's a bit hard to find a copy of the rulebook, but it's a bit more in-depth :smile.:

Not hugely, to be honest. I hear it's a better game but there are several good dogfighting games. In reality I don't have a lot of time to play anything right now so I'll paint some little planes and not invest too heavily.

I just picked up Wings of Vengeance for $50, and I can't say I enjoy the game yet because I haven't played, but the minis are just fantastic. I also happened to find Rynns World Air War at my FLGS and the brief skim through the lore section is awesome and reminds me of the IA campaign books

Suffice to say, I quite enjoy what I've seen from IA so far from a pure hobbyist perspective. What I've seen of the rules so far intrigued me more then X-Wing did

Obligatory Warhammer Community article for the new ground assets: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/08/pre-order-these-ground-assets-to-add-a-new-dimension-to-your-games-of-aeronautica-imperialis/

Personally, I'm not a fan of the design :/

Price is £22 per set ...

Bell of Lost Souls have an unboxing video of Wrath of Angels up. There's three interesting bits:

• The Storm Eagle has better handling than the Xiphon; both have the same throttle
  • The two Eldar craft have 2 structure and 2+ handling; the fighter has 3 throttle
  • The book has 3 scenarios: Ambush, Death from Above, and The Straggler

Well, that video seems to improve our chances of getting another campaign book, since there's no rules for the Fire Raptor or the Thunder-chicken in there...

Yeah, I did see some speculation around GW having problems with printing and just releasing what they had available, although obviously only GW knows for sure, and they're not blabbing ... :(

Well, that video seems to improve our chances of getting another campaign book, since there's no rules for the Fire Raptor or the Thunder-chicken in there...

The book has rules for the Fire Raptor in it, we are just missing the Thunderbird.

I really hope there is a campaign book on the way with more Eldar planes as well as the T'Hawk, right now the Eldar have no planes with a transport capacity which completely gates then out of some missions.

The Vampires Raider/Hunter would make a nice dual kit and be a counter point to the thunderhawk

Edited by klisof

My tiny planes arrived on Saturday, SOOOOOO happy with them. I'm sure the StormEagles have more components than most 40k Marine vehicles.

The book has rules for the Fire Raptor in it, we are just missing the Thunderbird.

I really hope there is a campaign book on the way with more Eldar planes as well as the T'Hawk, right now the Eldar have no planes with a transport capacity which completely gates then out of some missions.

The Vampires Raider/Hunter would make a nice dual kit and be a counter point to the thunderhawk

The box of cards for Marines has Thunderhawk, Fire Raptor, StormEagle & Xiphon in, along with all the available upgrades.

The Eldar cards are ONLY for the Phoenix & Nightwing, which I was a little surprised at, I thought they'd have put at least one other variety in there, even the Crimson Hunters & Hemlocks would've been cool, if not the Vampire. My only optimism on that front is maybe there's something new coming for the 40k Eldar range which they'll release for AI in tandem.

Apparently the Space Marine/Eldar boxes have the aircraft card included in the instruction book :smile.: (source: Too Many Metal Men)

Yep, it's printed on the instructions.

Rik

My tiny planes arrived on Saturday, SOOOOOO happy with them. I'm sure the StormEagles have more components than most 40k Marine vehicles.

Indeed, they are really nice. When I saw GW's photos I didn't like them, but having seen other people's painted ones, they do look great, e.g. these on Reddit. I can see I'm going to end up with them all... :facepalm:

The Eldar cards are ONLY for the Phoenix & Nightwing, which I was a little surprised at, I thought they'd have put at least one other variety in there

I was really surprised by that. The original version had Vampires in it, so it would have been logical to include those. :huh.:  There again, the lack of a campaign book was also surprising (I wonder if there will be one, and it's just got lost in the warp from the printers for a bit...)

Apparently there's a Fire Raptor on the Outer Reaches Area of Engagement box: https://www.reddit.com/r/AeronauticaImperialis/comments/q7lnbk/fire_raptor_spotted_in_the_wild/

Cue speculation of whether it will be a regular plastic kit, resin, or mix ...