Jump to content

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

To Plunder The Stars Themselves, Episode 2

Iron Gods PBP

  • Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#701
Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Location:Somewhere in the Middle
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Squad Beta

 

Radago takes in the scene before him. The human had gotten himself into a nasty situation.

 

He turns to the others and motions to the others in Battle sign. 
 

<I will attack guard to the rear. Flank to left side to take out furthest guard. You flank to right.>
 

With that he draws a wicked looking combat blade and heads into the shadows skirting along the edge of the structures until he is within striking distance of his first target.


Edited by Ancient_Sobek, 16 October 2021 - 06:39 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham likes this

#702
Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,966 posts
  • Location:The Blighted Reefs
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

Placeholder

 

- Faith in the Emperor is fine, but offers inadequate protection from strong gravimetric force - 

 

OOC (courtesy of  Lysimachus)

 

Regular attack with Axe:

WS57, Roll: 18, Hit on Leg
2d10+2 Pen 2
6+8+2 = 16
16 - 5(AV7-Pen2) - TB4 = 5 Wounds
Shield of Faith: 32, Fail! 5 Wounds Suffered. 

Reaction attack with Servo:
WS57, Roll: 35, Hit on Body
2d10+14 Pen10
6+3+14 = 23
23 - 0(AV9 - Pen10) - TB4 = 19 Wounds
Shield of Faith: 61, Fail! 19 Wounds Suffered.
Sister Superior dies.


  • Commissar Molotov, Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and 1 other like this
Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

#703
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,081 posts

Beta

 

As Radago moves away Brynjarr carefully retrieves a grenade from the bandolier and preparing to throw it, so that should they be spotted he can cause additional confusion in an instant. In the mean time he crept forwards slowly.


Edited by Trokair, 19 October 2021 - 10:40 AM.

  • Mazer Rackham likes this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#704
Machine God

Machine God

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,558 posts
  • Location:British Army
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Squad Alpha

 

Draak uses the targeting information from his Bolt Pistol's gun cam like a spotting round for Grendel which he wields with his right arm.

 

Draak shoots at the Sister of Battle toting the Heavy Bolter hitting with three shots, he then pans slightly to his left and fires a further three shots at the wielder of the Melta Gun. 

 

Spoiler

 

Five of the shots strike true, killing their targets.

(Edit: Typo)


Edited by Machine God, 16 October 2021 - 09:51 AM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"
 
gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

 

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll


#705
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Round 2 Summary Cont:

[x] Draak:
FAB at Sisters J and I, 3 Hits each
Dodges already used.
Sister J SoF: 54, 13, 28. 2nd Hit saved. 20 Wounds Suffered. Sister J dies.
Sister I SoF: 20, 61, 41. No saves. 27 Wounds Suffered. Sister I dies.

[x] Sister B:
Full Action: Disengage.

[x] Sister C
Half Action: Move 5m towards Decimus
Half Action: Standard Bolter Attack at Decimus
BS40 +10(Short Range) = 50, Roll: 37, Hit on Right Leg (37=73)
Dam 1d10 +9 Pen4 Tearing
(2, 5) 5 + 9 - 5(AV9-Pen4) - TB8 = 1 Wound Suffered.

[x] Sister D
Half Action: Move 5m towards Decimus
Half Action: Standard Bolter Attack at Decimus
BS40 +10(Short Range) = 50, Roll: 21, Hit on Right Arm (21=12)
Dam 1d10 +9 Pen4 Tearing
(7, 4) 7 + 9 - 4(AV8-Pen4) - TB8 = 4 Wound assuming no Dodge.

NB. As these Sisters' attacks are happening at more or less the same time I'll let you choose which you'd rather try to Dodge (so I'm guessing the second one!)


[x] Sister F:
SAB at Traveller
BS40 +10(Short Range) +10(SAB) = 60, Roll: 37, Hit with 2DoS, 2 Hits on Right Leg
Hit 1:
(2,8) 8+9 = 17
17 - 12(AV8 +CoverAV8 - Pen4) - TB8 = No Wounds.
Hit 2:
(10, 7) 10+9 = 19
19 - 12(AV8 +CoverAV8 - Pen4) - TB8 = No Wounds.

[x] Sister G:
SAB at Svelk
BS40 +10(Short Range) +10(SAB) = 60, Roll: 54, Hit with no DoS. 1 Hit on Body
Hit 1:
(4,9) 9+9 = 18
17 - 7(AV11 - Pen4) - TB8 = 2 Wounds Suffered assuming no Dodge.

[x] Sister H:
SAB at Svelk
BS40 +10(Short Range) +10(SAB) = 60, Roll: 25, Hit with 3DoS. 2 Hits on Body
Hit 1:
(5, 1) 5+9 = 14
14 - 7(AV11 - Pen4) - TB8 = 0 Wounds Suffered.
Hit 2:
(8, 6) 8+9 = 17
17 - 7(AV11 - Pen4) - TB8 = 2 Wounds Suffered.

[ ] Vesalius:

 

Pic at this point:

gallery_27610_17040_108064.png


Edit: Again, if it helps with target priority, the Sisters current Remaining Wounds are:
B 09/18
C 18/18
D 18/18
F 09/18
G 02/18
H 18/18


#706
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:


@Sobek: OK, to keep things simple what I'll require from you is a WS Test (+30 to account for surprise) along with a Concealment Ag Test to take the first ganger out quietly (again, assuming you're grabbing them and pulling them out into the darkness means this Test becomes Routine and has a +20)

Then if you want to sneak up on F, another Silent Move Test, followed by the same method of attack.


Likewise, if Orphiel or Brynjarr want to hit Ganger D, Silent Move followed by WS and Concealment Tests.

Plus whatever fluff you want to add based on those rolls.

But... each Ganger taken out adds a cumulative -10 mod to the Tests for the next one, as they start to wonder what is happening! Obviously, if you fail any of these tests, the gangers are alerted and we go into Structured Time.

  • Mazer Rackham and Ancient_Sobek like this

#707
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

As Radago was loosed to the kill, Orphiel made his preparations.

 

You fight the way you speak.  Svelk's word echoed through his mind with some accuracy, provoking a smile.

 

His hands began the work, uncinching the reinforced plasfibre rope keeping his travelling robe closed.  The fabric unfurled, obscuring his shape further, draping around his shoulders and gear in an unshapen mess.  It would blur his outline - if only for a moment, and it was all he would need.  His weapons were free to his hand after being cooped up, and slipping Argo free from the rucksack, he used the rudimentary belt to fasten a lanyard to the weapons grip.

 

He didn't want to lose anything to glak-sucking abyss.

 

Working the selector and bolt very carefully, he dropped two Stalker rounds into an upturned palm, then gently tapped Brynjarr on the shoulder.

 

+Just in case,+ he subvocalised, passing the rounds to the Tactical Marine.  The ambient sounds of creaking plasteel girders and groaning rockrete proved more than enough to hide the lower-than-whisper words.

 

Then, robe forming more of a cloak, he made off, Argo in both hands.  Since his warplate was not there to absorb the ferocious recoil of the weapon, he was thankful for the sturdy front grip installed near the muzzle.  The darkness was a blanket, hiding the sins they were about to commit, so beloved of ganger Bravos like the dross there were here to slay.  Even so, contempt for the enemy stopped only at their character, their natural awareness, familiarity with gutter-fighting, and hard won experience were not to be underestimated.

 

Shotguns could still hurt, Holger could still be pushed over the edge.

 

Into a glak-sucking abyss.

 

Such a tomb of shadow represented a body of ignorance, of secrets.  Orphiel smiled then, as was his want at such revelations.  A pit of dead men and silent tales, a whole that could never be filled with enough corpses or truths, buried in the depths of dark.

 

Mind on the now, Orphiel.

 

He went carefully, rolling his boots onto the side of the sole, avoiding the distinctive tap of heel-toe, and was rewarded for his caution when one of the tiles shifted under his boot.

 

Silent Move Test:

Spoiler

 

Hsst!

 

The sentiment never escaped his lips, but he shifted his weight carefully and moved on, reaching the low wall in the centre of the immediate area of operation.  He was in position, kneeling behind cover, Argo ready.  The light from the lumen-orb above Razor's head fell just shy of his position at the corner of the barricade.  Orphiel smiled.  He was in that hazy zone between the bleak dark and illumination.  It was perfect.

 

Concealment Test:

Spoiler

 

Action:

Spoiler

 

He signalled he was in position by a single pip of the commbead.

 

Whilst doing his best impression of a stack of boxes smothered by a tarpaulin, he suspected Radago and Brynjarr would echo the sentiment that Razor was more useful alive, but if things went wrong, Holger no doubt would have wormed enough information out of his captors to shed some light on the origins of that very ornate Bolt pistol.

 

If not, it would be a terrible shame if the only source to the Pride of Kings took a terrible tumble into darkness and ignorance, his secret consumed.

 

By a glak-eating abyss.

 

Oh yes.  That would be just terrible.


  • Lysimachus, Trokair, Machine God and 1 other like this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#708
Necronaut

Necronaut

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus
Squad Alpha

Vesalius stared in utter disbelief as the Sister Superior turned her head at the last moment, allowing his bolt shell to pass her harmlessly.

What new devilry is this?!

He attempted to line up a follow-up shot, but the Sister Superior raised her sword and charged to meet Ithan in single combat. He cursed under his breath and searched for another target. Just then, the Traveller's voice crackled over the vox ordering another Bolter Assault.

Spoiler


The apothecary brought the stalker pattern bolter to bear on another exposed sister but his first shot flew wide, detonating without effect on the chassis of the immolator adjacent to her. He stilled his breathing and took aim again…

Spoiler


Spoiler

Edited by Necronaut, 16 October 2021 - 06:41 PM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

#709
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Round 2 Summary Cont:

[x] Vesalius:
Aimed Shot at Sister F, Hit. Dodge already used. SoF: 91, Fail! Sister F dies.

[x] Ithan: (as above, post 702)

[x] Immolator: Cannot fire. Move 5m forward up and over broken groundcar (trying to dislodge its unwelcome passenger!).
@Beren: Please have Svelk make an Easy (+30) Ag Test to keep his balance atop the tank. You will also receive a +10 for your Axe-rake. If successful you can continue your actions as normal. If unsuccessful, you can still act but will have a -10 mod applied to any tests.

[ ] Svelk:


#710
Beren

Beren

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,400 posts

Squad Alpha:

 

Spoiler

 

The Sororitas' power back would have blocked a shot from directly behind, so instead he waited for her to half-turn towards him, pulling herself from her seat as he waited out the microseconds patiently. 

 

Then his finger depressed the trigger.

 

Blood and bone-metal shrapnel splattered across Svelk's chest and face plates as the Battle-Sister slumped back down into her seat There was a gaping hole just above the chest where the high-penentrative bolt had burrowed its way in and detonated, obliterating the mortals' neck and leaving their life-flued leaking down the armour.

 

A second later and he had smashed the axe-rake into the weapons firing rig, legs spread wide for balance, as the vehicle bucked underneath him. Even as this happened he could feel bolt shells pummelling his armour, his revets straining and groaning under the bombardment,

the suit's machine-spirit hissing across his optics about how he had only minutes before the void would claim him.

 

Svelk supposed there were some benefits to fighting planetside after all.

 

Regrdless, he was clear target up here. Without its gunner the vehicle's main threat had been neutralised.

 

With one one movement the Assault Marine yanks his weapon out from where he lodged it, turns, and hurls himself at another one of the Battle Sisters, the air burning behind him.

 

Spoiler


Edited by Beren, 16 October 2021 - 09:22 PM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

#711
Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Location:Somewhere in the Middle
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Squad Beta

 

 

The guard held his pistol casually, too interested in the drama taking place near the edge of the pit to notice the danger approaching. S’ynek grabbed him easily from behind, his blade stabbing up beneath his rib cage. The quick strikes punctured each lung before the blade sliced his throat.

 

Radago drug the body into the shadows. Wiping his blade clean on the man as he choked to death on his own blood. He felt nothing but contempt for the man as he made his way around the edge of the site. There was honor in being bested by a superior foe, but to die from your own careless stupidity deserved no mercy.

 

Coming around the corner he came up behind the guard on the far side of the area from the others. He struck like lightning. Pulling the shotgun up and to the left by it’s strap as his blade slid through the  man’s right side. Sliding between the ribs as it pierced both lungs and the heart, killing his foe instantly.

 

He stashed the body before taking up position for the next phase of their attack.

 

+Threats neutralized. In position+ he sub vocalized to the others.

 

He drew his bolt pistol. This next part might be a bit louder.

 

 

 

 

WS Test on first Guard - Roll: 30 Target: 90 (6 DoS)

 

Concealment test - Roll: 24 Target: 64 (3 DoS)

 

Silent Move to second guard - Roll: 17 Target: 74 (5 DoS)

 

Attack on Second Guard - Roll: 42 Target: 80 (3DoS)

Concealment #2 - Roll 26 Target: 54 (2 DoS)


Edited by Ancient_Sobek, 16 October 2021 - 07:06 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham, Trokair and 1 other like this

#712
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Alpha:

Round 2 Summary Cont:

[x] Svelk:
Charge Sister H, Hit. Dodge and SoF failed. 4 Wounds Suffered.

[x] Rhino:
SAB at Vesalius:
BS40 +10(SAB) +10(Short Range) -10(Prone) = 50, Roll: 24, Hit with 2DoS. 2 Hits. x2 (Storm) = 4 Hits
All successfully Dodged!

[ ] Decimus:

  • Necronaut likes this

#713
Black Cohort

Black Cohort

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,439 posts
  • Faction: Black Cohort

Decimus fails to dodge, multiple bolt rounds impacting across his armour, but uses the limited movement to get his heavy bolter back into action while holstering his bolt pistol.  His primary weapon voices his vengence on the pair of sisters engaging him with bolter fire, firing a tight grouping at them.  Likely only their faith can possibly save them.

 

Spoiler


  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Necronaut like this

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03D_Custos_Fidei.jpg


#714
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
[x] Decimus:
FAB at Sister C and D, 6 Hits
Hit 1: Sister C Dodge: 54, Fail! SoF: 47, Fail!
27 - 4(AV9-Pen5) -TB4 = 19 Wounds Suffered. Sister C dies.
Hit 2: Sister D Dodge: 12, Pass!
Hit 3: Sister D Dodge already used, SoF: 75, Fail!
48 - 4(AV9-Pen5) - TB4 = 40 Wounds(!) Suffered. Sister D dies.
Rest of Hits not used, no targets within 2m.

Round 2 Ends


#715
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant

Round 3:

gallery_27610_17040_615889.png

Kill-Team Alpha Cohesion: 3

Initiative Order:

[ ] Traveller | (SQUAD) | AG5 +10 = 15 | WOUNDS 15/23 | FATE 3/3+1
[ ] Odysseus | (SQUAD) | AG5 +8 = 13 | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 4/4
[ ] Draak | (SQUAD) | AG4 +7 = 11 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 2/2
[ ] Battle Sister B | (SQUAD) | AG5 +5 = 10 | WOUNDS 09/18
[ ] Battle Sister G | (SQUAD) | AG5 +5 = 10 | WOUNDS 02/18
[ ] Battle Sister H | (SQUAD) | AG5 +5 = 10 | WOUNDS 14/18
[ ] Vesalius | (SQUAD) | AG6 +3 = 9 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 4/4
[ ] Ithan | (SQUAD) | AG4 +4 = 8 | WOUNDS 18/24 | FATE 2/2
[ ] Immolator | AG4 +4 = 8 | STRUCTURE 25/25
[ ] Svelk | (SQUAD) | AG4 +3 = 7 | WOUNDS 16/23 | FATE 3/3
[ ] Rhino | AG4 +3 = 7 | STRUCTURE 25/25
[ ] Decimus | (SQUAD) | AG3 +4 = 7 | WOUNDS 11/22 | FATE 3/3


***



#716
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,105 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
The Traveller, Round Three:
Spoiler


The Sisters' numbers were depleted, but the threat they posed had in no way diminished. The Traveller knew from hard-fought experience not to discount the Sororitas. He switches his aim to the next available target, sending mass-reactive death in their direction.

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 21 October 2021 - 08:40 PM.

Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

 


#717
Machine God

Machine God

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,558 posts
  • Location:British Army
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus
Draak in yet another exquisite action draws his Bolt Pistol and fires. Draak utters one word on the squad Vox.

+Decimus+

Spoiler


Draak's heightened senses tracked the shot, which was true. At the last second the bolt shell exploded before it hit the target. Evidence of a refraction field or iron halo perhaps.

Edited by Machine God, 17 October 2021 - 07:43 PM.

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"
 
gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

 

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll


#718
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Round 3 Summary:

[x] Traveller:
Calls for Bolter Assault:

(x) Traveller: Bolter shot at Sister G. Dodge: 61, Fail! SoF:78, Fail! 6 Wounds Suffered. Sister G dies.

(x) Draak: Bolt Pistol shot at Sister B. Dodge: 31, Pass!

(x) Ithan: Charge move around building to behind Sister B.
Bolter shot at Sister B.
BS42 +30(Point Blank) =72, Roll: 64, Hit on Body. Dodge used. SoF: 45, Fail!
Dam 1d10+9 Pen4
(4,9) 9+9=18
18 - 5(AV9-Pen4) - TB4 = 9 Wounds Suffered. Sister B dies.

(x) Odysseus: Charge move forward. Reload.

(x) Svelk: Bolt Pistol shot at Sister H, Miss!

( ) Vesalius:
( ) Decimus:

++Bolter Assault Ends++


#719
A.T.

A.T.

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,705 posts

The sisters numbers were dwindling, Odessus moved to snap off a shot at the closest but she had already fallen to another. There was little left to do now but dispatch their transports and those on the ground had the matter in hand.

 

Reinforcements would likely be on their way as the sisterhood were not known for their cautious response to attack, but the echoing rapport of Draks heavy bolter drowned out any chance of hearing their apporach from here. Reloading his boltgun he glanced at the devastator juggling his weapons like an Aeldari clown, perhaps deemed efficient by some metric of his past brothers... or perhaps a sign of idiosyncrasy that drove him from them.

 

Spoiler


  • Lysimachus and Machine God like this

#720
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

Radago is in his element in the shadows, a master infiltrator at work. Orphiel and Brynjarr are not quite as capable, but seem to remember their time in Astartes Scout units decades - if not centuries - before. Several gang members fall, their blood silently watering the dusty ground.

Silent Move Test on Brynjarr's behalf: Ag48+30=78, Roll: 86, Fail!

It is a simple thing that reveals you, an unavoidable quirk of luck. As Brynjarr steps towards the nearest Hiver, something small and dark skitters away from his boot, emitting a high-pitched, rhythmic squeaking. The ganger turns and looks curiously into the shadows behind him, then with a yell of near panic turns to run towards where his fellows stand over Holger. The one known as Razor looks up, immediately drawing the bolt pistol from his side.


+++STRUCTURED TIME BEGINS+++


Round 1: (Surprise Round)

gallery_27610_17040_365765.png

Kill-Team Beta Cohesion: ?

Initiative Order:
[ ] Radago | (SOLO) | AG5 +? = ? | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 3/3
[ ] Orphiel | (SOLO) | AG5 +? = ? | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 3/3
[ ] Brynjarr | (SOLO) | AG4 +? = ? | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4


Opponents:

Ganger:
WS28, BS25, Str30, T30, Ag30, Int20, Per30, Wp30, Fel30
Move: 3/6/9/18
Wounds: 10
Skills: Dodge
Talents: Street Fighting
Traits:
Armour: Flak Armour(4) to all Locations except Head
Weapons:
Shotgun:
Basic 30m S/3/- 1d10+4 I Pen0 Scatter
Or Autopistol:
Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+3 I Pen0
and Knife:
Melee 1d10+3 R Pen2

(Razor has +10 WS, BS, Ag, +5 Str, T and Wounds, and a Bolt Pistol:
Pistol 30m 1d10+9 X Pen4)

  • Mazer Rackham, Trokair and Machine God like this

#721
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

Initiative: 5+9 = 14

 

The slow sinking feeling seized his guts, and the sting of adrenaline flushed his senses.

 

Edges became sharp, the light forming silver needles as it struck the edges of weapons, highlighting the shock and surprise on the faces of the ruffians.  Time slowed to a crawl, the shadow that was Radago warping between darkness and light as he reacted instantly, Brynjarr was half a heartbeat behind, and somewhere in between the slivers of seconds, where time left a gap, was Orphiel.

 

Silence so violated, his finger caressed Argo's trigger, not a firing stud.  The moment when the sear released, and the tension broke with the trigger.

 

Actions:

Spoiler

 

The recoil was less, and he was braced for more - but he adjusted as seamlessly as his weapon.

 

Spoiler

 

The hissing of the Stalker slugs were drowned out by the bolt slamming back and forth in Argo's receiver, providing a strange sense of dislocation as flesh was pulped by an invisible fist, the solidified mercury doing it's bloody, muted work.

 

As the Storm Bolter ceased kicking in his hands, he checked to see if Holger was still alive.

 

Or anyone else for that matter.


Edited by Mazer Rackham, 17 October 2021 - 10:46 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Trokair and Machine God like this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#722
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,087 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

+++STRUCTURED TIME ENDS+++

Razor and most of his fellows are torn apart, instantly destroyed, turned into bloody chunks by the explosive shells. But somehow one of the men, a slightly scrawny specimen in a ragged leather jacket, has been missed by all of them. He looks around himself in sheer disbelief, then at the giants emerging from the shadows.

The hapless ganger takes a fearful step backwards, for a foolish moment forgetting the monster behind him because of the terror in front. The black pit. He teeters on the brink for a moment as horrified realisation dawns, then his feet slide out from beneath him. As he drops into the abyss, his arms flail outward, desperately reaching for something that will halt his descent. A clawed hand catches on the kneeling form of Holger, dragging him forward. They both disappear over the edge.

***
  • Trokair and Machine God like this

#723
Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Location:Somewhere in the Middle
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Squad Beta

 

Radago sprints towards Holger as Orphiel’s bolts rip through the gang scum. Bodies explode an collapse in a ballet of gore and destruction. Time seems to slow as the carnage erupts around him. The surprised looks on the faces of the grangers as the life is torn from them is gratifying. 
 

Radago watches as one last enemy tumbles over the edge of the abyss in a desperate attempt to escape the killers bearing down on him. As he falls he grabs desperately for any purchase as his folly dawns on his panicked mind. His hands latch onto the only thing in reach, Holger’s leg. 
 

Radago curses inwardly as he dives forward stretching out his arm to stop the little spy’s slide over the edge. As Holger’s hands claw for purchase the weight of the hanger pulls him over the lip. Radago feels his hand clasp around the man’s coat sleeve. He digs his other hand into the rockcrete to stop their fall, as he feels the weight of the two mortals tug at his arm.

 

A sound filled the space, somehow overpowering the noise of the ganger’s yells as he twists wildly below Holger. It was a small sound but it echoed in his hearing… stitches popping. Radago strained as he pulled the men toward the safety of the ledge. But it was no use, with a final rip Holger’s sleeve came free as he dropped into the darkness below.

 

Radago rose and turned to the others. Brynjarr had picked up the relic bolt pistol as Orphiel came toward them reloading his weapon. He looked at Radago and then toward the pit.

 

++ Looks like we are heading down++

 

 

Roll:57, Target: 54 (0 DoF)


Edited by Ancient_Sobek, 18 October 2021 - 04:14 PM.

  • Mazer Rackham, Trokair and Machine God like this

#724
Necronaut

Necronaut

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

Squad Alpha

 

Vesalius smiled with grim satisfaction as his bolt shell summarily disemboweled the charging battle-sister, exiting through her lower back in a cloud of blood, bone and shrapnel. She collapsed like a rag doll and with her last moments attempted to pull her spilled entrails back towards her rent abdomen, but to no avail. She quivered in agony a final time and ceased her struggles: shock from the trauma overwhelmed her nervous system and she silently convulsed as the chaos raged around her.

 

It was clear from his vantage that their opponents were broken and would soon be annihilated; all that remained was mop up the survivors. He scanned the battlefield through Trypanon’s modest scope, recording the bloodshed and mayhem with his helm-picter. In his mind there was naught left for him to do but to assess the performance of his cohort.


Edited by Necronaut, 02 November 2021 - 02:22 AM.

  • Lysimachus likes this

#725
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,105 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
++BOLTER ASSAULT ENDS++

Traveller's actions, Round 3 Continued:
Spoiler


Drawing his alien blade the Traveller rises from cover, his feet pounding on the desert sand as he approached the Immolator. The sword seethed hungrily, the crackling static drowning out everything except the beating of his hearts in his temples. The blade flashed as he brought it first up, and then down into the thick plate armour of the tank.

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 21 October 2021 - 08:42 PM.

Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

 






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Gods, PBP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users