Jump to content

Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

To Plunder The Stars Themselves, Episode 2

Iron Gods PBP

  • Please log in to reply
904 replies to this topic

#751
Machine God

Machine God

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,560 posts
  • Location:British Army
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Squad Alpha

 

Whilst Draak was eating the drivers brain and concentrating on obtaining the Sororita's vox frequencies, he had a stray thought.

 

~Was the Sister Superior in the patrol the same person that had spoken to the Shuttle that he had recorded?~


  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"
 
gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

 

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll


#752
Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,105 posts
  • Location:The Howling Stars
  • Faction: The Castigators
Placeholder

The Traveller reflects inwardly on Draak's use of the Omaphagea.

He orders the Kill-Team to recover the bodies of the Sisters, give them some semblance of dignity and scavenge any ammunition (or grenades).

If there is any among us that believes in the Emperor, he offers them the opportunity to say a prayer for their souls.

He orders someone to find the civilians.

Edited by Commissar Molotov, 20 October 2021 - 06:11 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Machine God like this
Check out my Deathwatch Roleplaying Game:
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM) 
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

 


#753
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

A search of what is left of the bodies of the gangers reveals little. Besides their weapons, each carries a few Thrones, lho-sticks or small doses of other narcotics, and a few other items - personal knickknacks of no financial value.

Razor's upper body is a ruined, indeterminate mess, but hanging from his waist is a small, rectangular plastic box with a keypad along one side and a thin strip of print paper visible at one end. (OOC: Think like a pager mixed with a mobile receipt printer?)

Even as you examine it, it begins to chatter, extruding a piece of paper with similar markings as the one Holger stole. Your eidetic memories, having cracked the code, mean that you can read it as easily as if it were Gothic:

What's taking so long? Are they dealt with? The Vent is heaving tonight. I need you and your boys back on the door as soon as possible. When you come through the market on your way back, stop and see if Tesha has any bottles of that swill he calls liquor, we're running low.
Dex


Whatever you do next, Holger has still not recovered enough to join you. Perhaps he can be left with someone at the market who can be paid to watch over him while he rests?

***
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

#754
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

Orphiel inspected the narcotics, breaking open the phials and unwrapping the bags, letting his olfactory senses blend with memory and experience, without indulging in the poison itself.

 

Chymistry Test:

Spoiler

  • Lysimachus likes this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#755
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

As you travel back through the market, directions to the Broken Vent are easily found. It appears to be known by everyone. Infamous, even. Holger, carried out of the Site over one of your shoulders, is left with a food merchant who grumbles at the imposition but takes your looted coin willingly enough.

When you arrive several miles over and one level down, you find a large, solid structure with its name blazoned in flickering, multicolored neon that shines out in the darkness of the Underhive. This name is obviously based not on the building itself, but rather on its location.

The niterie is built against and around one of the colossal heat exchanger pipes that carry geothermal energy from far below the planet's surface up into the wealthy Spire. But one of the huge overflow vents in the pipeline is clearly malfunctioning, allowing precious warmth to escape here on the lower levels. Such a resource makes the area a natural gathering place. There is a warm, low level mist all around the structure as water vapour condenses from the air itself.

From within there can be seen hints of lights flashing and a regular, rhythmic thumping is just audible. Oddly for such a place, there do not seem to be many guards at the doors. Perhaps, as Dex's message implied, this is because most of their usual number were shredded by Orphiel's stormbolter at the Site?

***

#756
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Brynjarr surveyed the scene in front of them. With so many people here Dex and any henchmen could, once any fighting started, and it most likely would, escape in the resulting confusion. They had been observed and followed in the market, and while Razors lot might have been the entire lot Brynjarr was not prepared to count on that.

 

Lifting up the encrypted coms they had taken of Razor and nodding towards the building.

“Shall we try and lure some of them out here?”


  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#757
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

Orphiel gestured to one of the rugged benches dotting the walls, his booted feet cooling in the low-lying mist.  It was an interesting setup, he just wondered if there were any surprises non-locals would fall afoul of under the blanket of fog.

 

The notion of foulness reminded him of the two bottles he carried from the liquor trader.  A simple grunting exchange, and his sheer size convinced the man he was on a mission from 'Mister Dexter'.  He set each bottle down - although the term was a misnomer, these things were stone-bottled gallon ewers, carrying a brew of dubious provenance.  He pulled one of the bungs with the common squeak-pop common to glass-lined bottlenecks, and the pungent aroma of something calling itself booze, hit his nose.

 

+Throne.+

 

It had a bouquet of potency that likes of which Orphiel had never encountered.

 

Grimacing, he drew the packets of Obscura from his robe pockets and tipped them into the ewer, re-corking the neck as the sweet narcotic perfumed it.  As it dissolved, it would settle.  He gently rocked the stone jug to make sure it was mixed, then left it to stand.  He repeated the process with the second ewer and the three wraps of Spook.

 

It was going to be one hell of a night.

 

Orphiel watched Brynjarr heft the comms device they recovered, and nod at the drinking den.

 

“Shall we try and lure some of them out here?”

 
Orphiel nodded in approval.  +It is worth a try Brynjarr - pray let us make good on our delivery first.  Dex did ask us nicely after all.+
 
The others couldn't see his grin, which was good, because it wasn't pleasant.
 
EDIT: Typo begone!  Blam!

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 22 October 2021 - 12:34 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Trokair and Machine God like this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#758
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

 

“Might as well cripple two escorts with one lance battery”

 

He showed the others the message he had just sent to Dex.

 

Getting some interestin’ info out of this gent, might be worth your time to speak to him yourself before he goes for his hop.

 I’ve sent some new lads to collect Tesha’s brew for you, they should be there shortly.

 

 

Lifting up his share of the brew caskets he headed towards what looked like a side door, deliveries tended not to come in through the front.

 

 

Decive Test

Fel 43 – 10 : 33

D100: 75, Fail, 4 DoF

Should I Fate reroll?


Edited by Trokair, 21 October 2021 - 05:21 PM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#759
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

There are two ways into the building, the 'grand' entrance to the left under the neon sign, and on the right a smaller set of double doors. The service entrance, or perhaps an additional exit in the event of an emergency evacuation? You enter on the right and follow a short corridor that emerges in the main chamber, but a slightly quieter corner beside a long metal bar where hivers shout their orders to harried servers.

The club is an almost frightening clash of opposites. The building itself is constructed in typical Hive fashion; haphazard, dark and dingy, but is decorated with splashes of neon-bright paint and lit by shifting flashes of luridly coloured light.

The music, monstrously loud, is a similarly bizarre blend; a soaring hymnal of worship to the Emperor overlaid with a deep, pounding, bass beat.

This beat drives the dancers in the centre of the room, a vast throng of cavorting, whirling figures. These too are a mass of contradictions; clothed in a riot of colours, laughing and smiling, but there is an animalistic quality, a feral rage to their movements.

Beyond the bar, in the far right corner of the room there is a raised stage where a slack-jawed man stands beside several large skull-faced cherubic vox speakers that look like they have been looted from a church. A cranial electro-graft extends from the man's temple into the back of the vox unit.

On your left the room is better lit but quieter. Around the edges are booths, and tables and chairs are laid out across the floor behind the dancers. Beyond the tables, in the left corner, is a wide arch that must lead to the main entrance. In the far right corner, directly opposite the corridor you entered through, is a set of stairs climbing to a raised area that looks out over the stage and the churning dance floor. While still furnished in the manner of the underhive, this section is clearly for more important guests.

A man sits at a table in this upper room, looking out over the common people. In the twisting flashes of light, you can see that he is of middle years - long lived in a deadly environment such as this. He appears well dressed compared to the rest, but not soft in any way. His eyes are cold and intelligent. Several other men and women loiter around the table, waiting to fulfil his every command.

Those cold eyes are looking over the crowd and through the shadows, directly at you. Have been waiting for you? A swift chopping motion of one hand orders the music stopped and is immediately obeyed. The crowd falters and stalls in surprise, though one or two dancers continue to spin, utterly lost in their own worlds. He speaks, voice carrying easily in the sudden silence.

"I assume Razor is dead. He was good at throwing out drunks and beating up troublemakers, but I never saw his ingenuity rise to the point of hiring new help."

***
  • Mazer Rackham, Trokair and Machine God like this

#760
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

 

Brynjarr stepped forward a bit and with a heavy clunk deposited the bottles of local brew on a barthi.

 

“New Bossman dead? Just saw him halve a’ hour go when Bossman said to get this,” he tabs one of the bottles, “and take it to the big place by the vent.” Turning to one of the other marines Brynjarr continued. “Was talking to that spire Gent wasn’t he.”

 

After a moment, and looking back into the silence room confused. “You bossman's bossman, make you new bossman, this enough o’ do you n’d us to get more of Tes’a?”

 

Deception test

Fel 43 – 10 (or more, let me know) : 33

D100: 22, Pass, 1 Dos


Edited by Trokair, 22 October 2021 - 02:19 PM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#761
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

Opposed Scrutiny Test:
Per50, Roll: 15! 3DoS


Dex's eyes narrow for a moment, evaluating. Then he grins, a decidedly predatory expression.

"Amusing. But foolish. While I suspect the little man was the real brains of your outfit - did Razor at least manage to kill him? - none of you are stupid." His face becomes serious again. "You came to my market, asking questions about things that are no concern of yours. You have killed my associates. Now you have invaded my place of business and speak to me as if I were a gullible child! If you get down on your knees and beg my permission to leave now, I might allow it… or I might mount your heads on pikes at the centre of the market, and cast your bodies into the Pit where they belong!"

Dex's anger is rising. Around the edges of the chamber, you can see his men moving in flashes from the still flickering, changing lights, fingering weapons in response to their master's growing wrath. Two in particular catch your eye, rising from comfortable chairs at the bottom of the steps. Visible through the crowd, big, ugly, muscular men, almost as big as you. Clad in trousers and heavy boots and little else, they bear bionic enhancements or replacements across their bodies that look almost Orkoid in the crudeness of their construction, blades and vicious-looking shears. Pit fighters.

The crowd themselves are utterly frozen, fearful of what is about to happen but just as fearful of breaking the building tension and attracting any attention to themselves.

***

Please roll for your Initiatives.
  • Mazer Rackham, Trokair and Machine God like this

#762
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

Initiative Roll: 4 + 9(!) =13

 

Orphiel said nothing, there was nothing more to say.  Any witty riposte would serve no purpose here.  No, let the silence speak, for it always won.  The chilly wariness of the Broken Vent had been replaced with hot anticipation, reflecting the humour of its master.  In response, there was no sting to his bicep, nor his thigh, his flesh unvexed by the combat stimulants doping him through the injectors of his warplate.  There was something liberating about that, even as he wished for it, even as the kill-urge came.

 

He let it.

 

Mantras learned in iron rote as a boy, now became flexsteel as a man.  His response was controlled, focussed.  With almost disarming calm, he set down the stoneware ewer.  In a singular concession to the necessary evil about to be unleashed, he offered a long sigh of disappointment into the room, amplified via the open vox of his Commbead.  Let them make of it as they will.

 

It was not directed at Brynjarr, and he hoped the grenadier understood.  What was there to complain about?  Orphiel knew little of the warrior's history, but not all Astartes were equipped with the tools needed to prise the bloody secrets from hearts of stone.

 

That the crowd hadn't attacked saved them.  With a practiced flick, his robe parted enough for him to slowly and deliberately lay hands on his dagger and the hilt of Zachariah's Steel.  Refraining from drawing them, his gauntleted fists gripped the bound handles.

 

This was his final warning.

 

I'm trying to RP a Demeanour, but Chapter Demeanour Sons of The Lion doesn't seem to fit here, so I will try for Personal Demeanour: Pragmatic.


  • Lysimachus, Trokair and Machine God like this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#763
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

Imitative roll: 4(AG) + 8 = 12

 

Sighing inwardly he starred at the frozen crowd, the ploy had not worked on Dex, but should he keep it up for the rest of the audience? Most were no doubt innocent hivers and about to flee, and if all they reported was some gang fights then the Authorities were less likely to respond in a manner dangerous to them.  A squad or two of Arbiters was an unnecessary complication.

 

Before he could act however Orphiel set down his load and the crackle of the combead would have belied any attempt at taking the deception further. Silence, intimidation and confusion would have to do then.

 

One hand resting on the edge of the bar, the other discreetly reaching towards his supply of grenades Brynjarr signaled quietly over the squad com.

 

“Three”

 

“Two”


Edited by Trokair, 22 October 2021 - 02:20 PM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#764
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

Round 1:

gallery_27610_17040_541768.png

Kill-Team Beta Cohesion: 5

Initiative Order:
[ ] Radago | (SOLO) | AG5 +10 = 5 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 2/3
[ ] Pit Fighter I | AG4 + 10(!) = 14 | WOUNDS 15/15
[ ] Orphiel | (SOLO) | AG4 +9 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 3/3
[ ] Brynjarr | (SOLO) | AG4 +8 = 12 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4
[ ] Dex | AG4 +5 +2(PARANOIA) = 11 | WOUNDS 18/18 | FATE 1/1
[ ] Ganger B | AG3 + 7 = 10 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Ganger C | AG3 + 7 = 10 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Ganger D | AG3 + 7 = 10 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Ganger E | AG3 + 4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Ganger F | AG3 + 4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Ganger G | AG3 + 4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Pit Fighter H | AG4 + 4 = 8 | WOUNDS 15/15
[ ] Crowd Horde | AG3 + 5 = 8 | MAG 50/50


Environment:
Lighting: Due to the flashing dance floor lights, all Ranged Attacks are Difficult (-10).
Crowd: Difficult Terrain: Movement rates through the crowd are halved, and WS and Dodge Tests are Difficult (-10)

Opponents:
Dex:
WS35, BS40, Str30, T40, Ag40, Int50, Per50, Wp40, Fel30
Move: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 15
Skills: Dodge+20, Gamble, Scrutiny
Talents: Ambidextrous, Gunslinger, Paranoia, Street Fighting, Touched by the Fates(1), Two-weapon Wielder (Ballistic)
Traits:
Armour: Flak Armour(4) to all Locations except Head
Weapons:
Pair of Bolt Pistols:
Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+9 I Pen4 Tearing
Duelling Blade:
Melee 1d10+3 R Pen2 Balanced

Ganger:
WS28, BS25, Str30, T30, Ag30, Int20, Per30, Wp30, Fel30
Move: 3/6/9/18
Wounds: 10
Skills: Dodge
Talents: Street Fighting
Traits:
Armour: Flak Armour(4) to all Locations except Head
Weapons:
B, C and D carry Shotgun:
Basic 30m S/3/- 1d10+4 I Pen0 Scatter
E, F, G carry Autopistol:
Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+3 I Pen0
and Knife:
Melee 1d10+3 R Pen2

Pit Fighter
WS35, BS20, Str40, T40, Ag40, Int15, Per25, Wp40, Fel20
Move: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 15
Skills: Dodge+10
Talents:
Traits: Unnatural Toughness
Armour: None, except Flak Armour(4) to Legs
Weapons:
H carries Autopistol:
Pistol 30m S/2/- 1d10+3 I Pen0
and Combat Shears:
Melee 1d10+8 R Pen6 Tearing, Unwieldy
I carries Heavy Stub Pistol:
Pistol 30m S/-/- 1d10+3 I Pen3
and Chainsword:
Melee 1d10+6 R Pen3 Balanced, Tearing

Crowd (Horde)
WS20, BS20, Str30, T30, Ag30, Int25, Per20, Wp20, Fel25
Move: 3/6/9/18
Mag: 50
Weapons:
Improvised:
1d10+1 I Primitive

Edited by Lysimachus, 23 October 2021 - 07:35 AM.

  • Mazer Rackham and Machine God like this

#765
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Alpha:

After several minutes of silence, almost eerie after the thunderous tumult of battle, Toks and Bobs emerge hesitantly from the old mine entrance. The older man picks his way carefully between fires and around ruined bodies towards the team. He seems to be avoiding looking too closely, having seen far more than enough corpses during his Guard career, but it is hard to miss the carnage.

"We're out," he says flatly to the group. "Throne, but look at the mess you've made of each other! Mortals like us don't need to be in the middle of that, and we sure don't need them invading our home! How did they even know to find you here, that's what I can't figure out?"

@Draak: The workings of the Omophagea are poorly understood by even the finest Genetors of the Adeptus Mechanicus, but it certainly does work. The vox unit in your hands feels as familiar as your heavy bolter, though no-one in range seems to be using any of the frequencies you try. You are also suddenly certain that the Sister Superior killed by Ithan was not the highest ranking Sororitas on Viorda Secundus. But underlying everything else, the strongest sensations that come across are of furious, fanatical devotion, self-sacrifice and absolute loyalty to one's squadmates. For a renegade usually given to focusing on cold logic, none of these feelings sit naturally or comfortably in your mind.

Draak gains 3 Insanity Points.

***
  • Commissar Molotov, Machine God and Beren like this

#766
Machine God

Machine God

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,560 posts
  • Location:British Army
  • Faction: Scions of Ferrus

Draak took a last deep breath of the cold air into his lungs before he replaced his helmet. Now that he was once again Stahlfleish, he input the newly acquired vox frequencies so that Eisen could monitor them and alert him via the HUD if anyone within range used them.

 

Draak's left hand itched.

 

~Focus!~ Draak slowed his breathing down, after five minutes of rote recital he then spoke on the squad vox.

 

+Draak in position, watching the eastern road and listening!+

 

Draak was glad that he wasn't stuck on Viorda Prime with all those meatbag's pressing all together in a vast disorganised scrum. Eugh! Draak pulled his combat blade from its sheath and pointed it to where he hoped Prime was.

 

"Swordsman watch yourself!"


  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

"Borg to the Max!" "Destroy All Flesh!"
 
gallery_29004_6198_9307.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.png gallery_29004_10383_6245.pnggallery_48988_6285_18080.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_48988_15465_969.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.png

 

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.

-James Nicoll


#767
Ancient_Sobek

Ancient_Sobek

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Location:Somewhere in the Middle
  • Faction: Salamanders, 5th co.

Squad Beta

 

++ The big one is mine ++

 

Radago hissed into his vox as he started toward the hulking pit fighters. As he stalked forward he slid two wicked blades from 

from his harness. His cold dead eyes were focused on his foe, barely registering the panicked crowd as it scrambled to get away.

 

His eyes closed momentarily as the photon grenade arced past him. The cries of the gangers as they were blinded by the flash filled the air.

 

 

 

Toughness roll against grenade.   Target: 74 Roll:43 (2 DoS)

 

Intimidate to scare crowd out of the way.  Target: 52  Roll: 32 (2 Dos)

 

Radago is headed toward Pit Fighter I . I was not sure if we would reach the pit fighter this turn or not If so I can add an attack if possible.


Edited by Ancient_Sobek, 23 October 2021 - 03:16 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Trokair like this

#768
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

 

“One”

 

The word had barley passed his lips as his arm flung out, releasing the palmed grenade at the exact right moment of the arc. It flew true across the room, sailing over the head of the frozen crowd and impacted on the Pit fighter’s chest. Had it been a frag grenade it would no doubt had shred the fighters lungs, and injured slew of the crowd around him. Instead the flash should blinded a good number of the enemies in the room for a while, buying further advantages of time and surprise for the three.

 

Using his momentum from the throw and the arm resting on the bar Brynjarr deftly vaulted the counter, the armed barman in his sights.

 

 

Call Bolter Assault, Cost 3 Cohesion (2 Cohesion remaining I think)

 

Throw Photon Flash grenade towards pit fighters (let’s say I for purpose of aiming)

BS: 48 -10 (lighting environmental) +10 (half range (I count 9 horizontal and 7 vertical for a hypotenuse of 11 and a bit, let’s say 12)) = 48

D100: 24, Hit, 2 DoS (now what happens?)

 

Move (climb/jump over) bar past civilian and towards D (I should have plenty of distance, but on account of obstacle civilian please let me know where I actually get to). Also do I need to roll any dice.


Edited by Trokair, 23 October 2021 - 09:14 PM.

  • Commissar Molotov, Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#769
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

Round 1 Summary:

[x] Radago: Full Move into crowd.

[x] Pit Fighter I:
Full Move: 12m halved to 6m northwest to middle of dance floor.

[x] Orphiel: Charge at Ganger E. Dodge Failed.
15 - 0 - TB3 = 12 Wounds Suffered. Ganger E dies.

[x] Brynjarr:
Enter Squad Mode. Call for Bolter Assault.

( ) Radago:
(x) Orphiel: Charge towards Ganger F. Krak Grenade at Pit Fighter H. Dodge: 33, Pass!

(x) Brynjarr: Move over bar, throw Photon Flash Grenade at Pit Fighter I. Hit!
All characters within 15m must take a Toughness test or be Blinded for 1d5 Rounds.
Radago: T44, Roll: 43, Pass!
Orphiel: T44, Roll: 73, Pass!
Brynjarr: T50, Roll: 58, Pass!
(You each receive a +30 modifier for your T tests to represent you being prepared for the Grenade exploding)
Dex (A): T40, Roll: 12, Pass!
Ganger B: T30, Roll: 71, Fail! Blinded for (1d5) 2 Rounds!
Ganger C: T30, Roll: 26, Pass!
Ganger D: T30, Roll: 69, Fail! Blinded for (1d5) 5 Rounds!
Ganger E: T30, Roll: 57, Fail! Blinded for (1d5) 1 Rounds!
Ganger F: T30, Roll: 83, Fail! Blinded for (1d5) 2 Rounds!
Ganger G: T30, Roll: 17, Pass!
Pit Fighter H: T40, Roll: 24, Pass!
Pit Fighter I: T40, Roll: 39(!) Pass!
Crowd Horde: T30, Roll: 46, Fail! Blinded for (1d5) 3 Rounds.

+Bolter Assault Ends+
Brynjarr's regular Actions: Charge at Ganger D. Dodge Failed.
18 - 2(AV4-Pen2) - TB3 = 13 Wounds Suffered. Ganger D dies.


  • Mazer Rackham and Trokair like this

#770
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

 

Toughness Test

T 50 + 30 = 80

D100: 58, Pass, 2 DoS

 

Free action, draw Combat Knife (saving axe as a surprise for later)

Charge Ganger D

WS: 45 + 10 (Charge)= 55

D100: 02, Hit, 5 DoS

Hit Right Arm

Assuming no dodge

Damage 1D10 (rolled 8) + 10 (Strength bonus) = 18 at Pen 2

 

Charging forward Brynjars free hand sought and found his combat knife. Just before contact the ganger raised his arm as if to block, whether the ganger had seen him or was sluggishly responding the flash Brynjar did not know. However the mortal arms was not up to the task and Brynjarr drove the blade on towards the neck, squashing the skewered arm against the upper torso, pinning it in place.


Edited by Trokair, 23 October 2021 - 09:20 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Mazer Rackham and Machine God like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#771
Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

    ++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,088 posts

Squad Beta:

 

Orphiel watches as once more, the ever-in-the-moment Radago marks his next victim for death.  Brynjarr broke right, vaulting over the counter to get to grips with the thug lurking there.  A pistoleer himself, he wasn't keen on the idea of facing the twin bolt-pistols, and taking some inspiration from his comrades shrugged.

 

"Why not?"

 

He concentrated, letting go of his weapon hilts.  This was a pub brawl, he would treat it as one.  Forcing his capacity for violent, dynamic action into his limbs, his now empty fist seized the chair immediately to his left, before making a madcap charge for the distant targets lurking behind the shield of revellers.  His manic grin in accompaniment to the strange heavy beat still ringing in his ears.

 

Orphiel's Actions: (Plus Bolter Assault).

Spoiler

 

Avoiding the shallows of the shoal on the dancefloor, he was still forced to shoulder barge some of the minnows from his path, but he saw exactly what he was looking for, and as he ran, gathered pace as he reached the tables and overturned chairs, slamming down his foot to push him into the air, tucking his knees up to present a smaller target as he leapt, bringing the chair up above his head.

 

Charge Range 18 (Half = 9)

 

Ag Test for Running Horizontal Leap:

Spoiler

 

As he closed with his confused target, he was a dark missile, then crunching down onto the table in front of the thug, it toppled, pushing him forward so he skidded on, thumping the mortal into the wall and driving the breath from him.  He brought the improvised weapon down in a thunderous blow, just as heard Brynjarr's voice over the Commbead;

 

WS Test:

Spoiler

 

"Attack pattern Alpha: Bolter Assault!"

 

The sheer force of the blow destroyed the chair.  With a rich array of targets, Orphiel didn't waste time, leaving the man to take a clumsy swipe at him, he reached under his robe for a Krak Grenade, and hurried down the wall, keeping it to his left shoulder, moving towards Dex's nest, snatching up another weapon as he ran.

 

He was glad the chairs were so sturdy.

 

He held the chair in a fend-off position with his right hand and his left was filled with the bomb.  The chair smashed into the man as he made contact, but just jostled him and no more.  The grenade sailed off towards the second Pit Fighter as he got into close quarters.

 

Bolter Assault:

Spoiler

 

A blinding flash sundered the darkness of the club, and tussling, Orphiel managed to get his back to it, just in time, squeezing his eyes to slits.  It could only help to protect them from any serious reciprocation.

 

Toughness Test or Blind:

Spoiler

Edited by Mazer Rackham, 23 October 2021 - 10:06 PM.

  • Lysimachus, Trokair and Machine God like this

He may say that what he wants is to win the war...

...But what he really wants, is for the enemy to die.

 

My new non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available now: The Ares Gambit.

My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles is also still around: Children of The Glyph.


#772
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Even as you begin moving, someone in the morass of people lets out a scream. Then everything seems to happen at once. Dex draws his pistols and opens fire, aiming at Radago as he advances on the pit fighter, but careless of the bolts that tear into his own customers.

[x] Dex:
SAB with Pistol 1 at Radago:
BS40 +10(SAB) +10(Short Range) -20(Engaged) -10(Dark) = 30
Roll: 62, Miss!
SAB with Pistol 2 at Radago:
BS40 +10(SAB) +10(Short Range) -20(Engaged) -10(Dark) = 30
Roll: 24, Hit on Body (24=42)
1d10+9 Pen4 Tearing
(2,5) 5+9 = 14
14 - 2(AV6-Pen4) - TB8 = 4 Wounds assuming no Dodge (-10 due to Crowd)

[x] Ganger B:
Blinded, stumbles around a bit!

[x] Ganger C:

The gang member beside Dex, a heavyset thug, ducks back towards the rear of the mezzanine, hunkers down beside a large chest and then returns lugging a long, dark, heavy object in both arms.
Ganger C is now armed with a Heavy Stubber.

[x] Ganger F:
All Out Attack at Orphiel
WS28 +20(All Out) -30(Blind) = 18, Roll: 45, Miss!

[x] Ganger G:
Run Southwest to doorway on mezzanine level.

[x] Pit Fighter H:
Half Move to Engage Orphiel (too close to Charge)
Standard Attack
WS35 +10(Ganging Up) = 45, Roll: 56, Miss!

[x] Crowd Horde:
Half Move North. Mag shrinks from 50 to 40.

Round 1 Ends.


On the other side of the room, the blinded ganger swings his shotgun butt with all his strength. It misses wildly. Suddenly, from Orphiel's other side, a pair of wickedly sharp blades snap together in the air inches in front of his faceless mask, a miss but a much closer one. The burly gladiator roars in fury at his failed strike, and then again in challenge at Orphiel.

As the fighting continues, the former revellers, also temporarily blinded, push and shove at each other in their haste to escape. A few lucky individuals manage to stumble towards the exits, but the vast majority continue to hold each other up, a sea of torment and fear. A few even less lucky individuals lie on the dance floor, torn apart by bolt shells.

***

#773
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Squad Beta:

Round 2:

gallery_27610_17040_536067.png

Kill-Team Beta Cohesion: 2

Initiative Order:
[ ] Radago | (SQUAD) | AG5 +10 = 15 | WOUNDS 16/20 | FATE 2/3
[ ] Pit Fighter I | AG4 + 10 = 14 | WOUNDS 15/15
[ ] Orphiel | (SQUAD) | AG4 +9 = 13 | WOUNDS 20/20 | FATE 3/3
[ ] Brynjarr | (SQUAD) | AG4 +8 = 12 | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 4/4
[ ] Dex | AG4 +5 +2(PARANOIA) = 11 | WOUNDS 18/18 | FATE 1/1
[ ] Ganger B | AG3 + 7 = 10 | WOUNDS 10/10 Blind
[ ] Ganger C | AG3 + 7 = 10 | WOUNDS 10/10
[ ] Pit Fighter H | AG4 + 4 = 8 | WOUNDS 15/15
[ ] Crowd Horde | AG3 + 5 = 8 | MAG 40/50 Blind
[ ] Ganger F | AG3 + 4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10/10 Blind
[ ] Ganger G | AG3 + 4 = 7 | WOUNDS 10/10
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

#774
Trokair

Trokair

    +FRATER DOMUS+

  • + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,083 posts

Beta

 

Moving on Brynjar let the body of the dead ganger drop where he had stood, the path across the stage was now essentially clear and on the far side Brynjar spotted a way up to Dex.

 

After a mere few steps he spotted that one of the gangers up there had  picked up some heavier auto or stubb variant from what he could make out.

 

‘Oh not you don’t’ He though as he pulled on the strap securing the bolter and in one motion swung it out from beneath his coat. Having reached a position towards the middle of the stage Brynjarr snapped of a round at the ganger.

 

The round however impacted the wooden railing and shredded it, leaving the ganger unharmed.  

 

Free Action, draw Naval Bolter

Bolter Assult

Spoiler

 

That would not do, as he continued across the stage towards the steps Brynjar quickly took another shot. This time with now banister to hinder the shot it impacted the ganger square in the midriff, and true to a bolt rounds potential penetrated before exploding. The ganger briefly was an explosion of blood and gore before his weapon hit the floor with a clunk amidst the patter of falling shredded remains.

 

Move south-east towards the steps (should almost reach them I think)

Standard Attack against Ganger C

Spoiler

Edited by Trokair, 25 October 2021 - 08:27 AM.

  • Lysimachus and Mazer Rackham like this

My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II
 

Archeotech – Treasure Hunt, a Play by Post narrative adventure: Story, Setting and Characters, OOC Thread

 


#775
Lysimachus

Lysimachus

    ++ LUMINARCHUS ++

  • ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,088 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Location:London, UK
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Round 2 Summary:

[x] Radago: Charge at Pit Fighter I, Hits. Dodge failed. Pit Fighter I dies.

[x] Orphiel:
Call Bolter Assault.
(x) Orphiel: Bolt Pistol shot at Pit Fighter H. Dodge: 26, Pass!
(x) Brynjarr: Move across stage. Bolter shot at Ganger C, Miss!

Orphiel's regular Actions:
Bolt Pistol and Plasma Pistol shots at Pit Fighter H. Dodge used. Pit Fighter H dies.

[x] Brynjarr: Half Move across stage. Bolter shot at Ganger C, Hit! Dodge: 92, Fail! Ganger C dies.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Gods, PBP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users