Best way to equip terminators?

What kind of terminators? If you got relic, claw/bolter is pretty good at shifting infantry. Assault termies are terrifying with hammers, but claws still murderer infantry. Regular terminators are good with any weapons, my personal preference is an assault cannon or missile launcher. Heavy Flamer is good to, but we can slap those on Devastator squads in a four pack and make Salamanders go even greener.

Just my preference for the finest of the first company.

9th edition tends to boil down to taking and holding Objectives. From that point of view, Hammer/Shield Terminators are one of the most durable infantry units in the game. Stick a Character with Rites of War nearby and they will be a very difficult nut to crack.

It is possible, but a lot of players feel that the flexibility that gives means the squad then doesn't really shine at either taking out hordes or dealing with heavy hitters as well as a mono-build squad.

It depends on what you want them to do really.

For combat patrol, and those smaller games which matters more the anti-hoard or the anti-highT/armor? My force will probably lack a hard punching unit more than anti-hoard.

Combat patrol might be tricky for terminators - unless you're playing crusade which is less objective focussed.

With just one unit, I'd go 4x TH/SS, 1x LC or prefereably magnetise. Otherwise 5X THSS for an immovable object. Though at small point levels, I'd prefer storm bolter + power fist. Pure melee slow units work better supporting other stuff, I feel. 

5 THSS terms is 215pts, 285pts for 1 HQ+Troop+other stuff, which will have to do the heavy lifting regarding objectives. 

What's the rest of the force going to look like?