Belicosa Volcano Cannon for the Warbringer

Yes, it's true that it's fairly easy to magnetise the gun (I too did this). It's still a very disappointing release though. It could have been a plastic sprue with the gun, turntable, alternate head, and alternate weapon arms, which would have sold well, but instead, it's literally the least they could possibly do. Even if they couldn't do plastic, a resin gun with the platform and alternate head would also have been really cool. I'll be interested in whether this sells well, and I'd be surprised if it does. I certainly won't be buying it. I don't even think it looks that good really; conversions using the Warlord Belicosa look better, although obviously you need to kitbash something to replace the magazines for the Quake Cannon.

The lack of the platform is disappointing. Seems unlikely to me that this will be a popular product

I've seen another picture with a platform included? I'm confused.

The other pic you saw is likely the 40k version of it, which includes the platform.

I have to find the courage of plunging back into a more sustained effort for building my stuff now ... I might add one FW belicosa gun later in June (when the volkite weapons are released and I have some funds ...).

I don't think this is a completely straightforward model to magnetise. There are two ways to do it. You can have the side supports of the cradle fixed, in which case you'll need to cut down the circle that keys into the gun and forms the hinge, relying on magnets to hold the guns in place. Or you can have one of the side supports removable, which is what I've done.

It's not that simple to drill holes for a 5x1 magnet in the quake cannon. You're going into a space full of gaps and gubbinz. I don't know what it'll be like for this thing.

The lack of the platform is disappointing. Seems unlikely to me that this will be a popular product

I've seen another picture with a platform included? I'm confused.

The other pic you saw is likely the 40k version of it, which includes the platform.

I have to find the courage of plunging back into a more sustained effort for building my stuff now ... I might add one FW belicosa gun later in June (when the volkite weapons are released and I have some funds ...).

That might be it! That also explains the level of detail on the sculpt! 

In which case, even harder pass on something I didn't really want in the first place.