Exterminators and Eradicators

Full plasma is bad vs death guard and other -1 damage mechanics but great vs valorous heart sisters. The plasma sponsons benefit from max shots from the Hail of Fire stratagem and from shooting at units of 6+ models. The plasma turret is also 5 pt cheaper than the demolisher turret, and the plasma sponsons are 10pt cheaper than multimelta sponsons. The extra 12” range can allow you to deploy your plasma tank in your backfield terrain allowing the demolishers to deploy in the limited good front spots. Sometimes you can’t feasibility deploy three demolishers in good forward positions.

The eradicator seems cool, but the main battle cannon can do the same job as that, better. With such a variety I think it just boil down to which is best at a task, and either a demo/BC or punisher fit the AT or screen clearing roles for the best for their cost. Exterminators, eradicators, and the rest slip too far down in value to use unless you like the models enough. Though I do take Diagramdude's point and am really debating about plasma sponsons. Would it also work for the tank orders? Because I may need to pry some HB off my tank commanders.

While I necer liked the exterminator, I allways weeped for the eradicator - it never seemed to have good rules. I would love for it to got to 2d3 shots, str6 ap2 and dmg 1 ignore cover just for it to be good at removing light infantry, but also decent at chipping marines hogging cover. I think we can all agree that it needs to find it's "thing" to be takeable.

Not to derail the thread but how are full plasma tanks faring nowadays?

The Executioner is still alright, it's either better/the same/slightly worse than the Battle Tank depending on the situation.

In terms of hierarchy it goes:

- Demolisher

- Battle Tank/Executioner/Punisher with Weapons Expert

- Punisher

- Eradicator/Exterminator

- Vanquisher