Guilliman's tabletop performance and getting him to work

It makes me wonder why Guilliman didn't see any points changes recently. Seems like a missed opportunity. What I also find strange is the fact that GW won't make any changes to Drukari, despite them being obviously op. I know their reasoning, that other books will balance them out, but then why did they knee jerk nerf space marines so hard? Why not wait for other books to come out for Marines? All those hits marines took look really unfair when you see what other armies are getting.

I will also say that people who are still calling for further nerfs to eradicators, or any marine unit now really, look quite silly.

Just seen the full rules of the new High Abess including her warlord trait.

She is so far ahead of Guilliman it's actually funny. And she's also a HQ meaning less character tax is required to bring her into a list.

Also she has full re rolls to hit and wound without needed to use her aura, meaning the ability can't be turned off - unlike our Auras that can be disabled by various means.

And it's staggering she costs 115 points less.

After a month of release they'll up her points. 
I do hope the give Gman a similar aura again, that said though oath is ok for the moment, just lack the inherent flexibility.

Here's another crazy thing. Those paragon warsuits that have better shooting and better melee than Centurions, and cost less, and are tougher... they are Core.

So she can walk around with a unit of those, granting full re-rolls to their multi meltas, blades, missiles, etc

Meanwhile our Centurions are now useless by comparison.

Edited by Ishagu

Centurions are more dedicated one way or the other - I guess you could compare Assault Centurions with twin Meltagun and a Hurricane bolter to the Paragon Suit, but I don't know if the Devastator Centurions compare to the Paragons much, as Dev Cents have more shooting I believe? 

All in all the Paragons are definitely stronger, but remember, if they are in range to melta, you are in range to melta. (Except, I guess, if they are a Order Minoris...)

We all know a lot of these changes are going to be synched up with models they want to move off the shelf vs. stuff they don't want to sell anymore. But at the same time I gotta be honest, it's more codex creep than anything that's killing me. It just feels much worse to me in 9th than 8th.

Anyway, back on topic, I am also of the mind that anything Ultra focused will be glossed over until the supplement (if/when) it is released. Guilliman to me is not a super competitive option until that happens and I don't see a fundamental change in him until the supplement is revisisted.