Ultramarines Supplement wishlist

I'd like to see more inter-unit support and well as Troop-focused rules. Sons of Guilliman (or whatever the Strat is called now) and Defensive Focus feel like solid UM stuff to me. More stuff like that, please. Guilliman may need a tweak to make him more flavourful and Calgar needs complete rebalancing.

Above all else though, I really hope that we see no nerf to Seal of Oath, Rapid Redemployment and the native 3++ the Victrix have.

These are just sand box ideas based on the presumption Bobby G is a master tactician. 

As Bobby G is a strategist and long term planner we should be able to have whichever doctrine we want in any battle round,  whilst choosing a single unit to be in a different one, for a CP 

Bring back double shooting for Aggressors for UM only -  you could have the second set hit on 4s (maybe as a strat) 1CP for 3 and 2CP for 4+ models. 

Bobby G wrote the codex astartes from which all others were spawned. DW are able to utilize any units and take their abilities. Like having Inceptors in a squad and they all get fly key word. Maybe we could select a unit and they gain BA chapter tactic for a phase or White Scars tactic when in charge phase,

Perhaps Bobby Gs forces could once per rnd use Transhuman and it wouldn't cost a CP but all other times it would. 

Maybe all units within an Aura of Bobby G get extra 2 shots to all RF and Assault Weapons and D3/D6 weapons get D3+1 and D6+2. 

Perhaps if two or more UM unit can draw a bead and are in range on the same enemy target from 2 different places more than 6" apart you ignore the -1 penalty for dense cover. Like relaying back information on the enemies position for better targeting. 

Perhaps the CP cost of extra detachments in an army where Bobby G/Calgar is included are refunded (i know he already gives 3+) 

A fall back and charge strat would be nice. 

We have a fall back and charge Strategum!

But yes some good ideas there. I like the idea of ignoring the Doctrine procedure and just going for whatever we want at the start of the Battle Round. That in itself is great.

Secondary objectives ideas.

Purge the enemy: 

Slayer of Kings!: If you select this objective, you score victory points at the end of the battle for achieve the following:

• The enemy warlord was destroyed by any Ultramarines unit. Score 5 victory point
  • The enemy warlord was destroyed as the result of a melee attack whilst the assault doctrine was active. Score 5 Victory points.
  • The enemy warlord was destroyed as the result of a attack made by unit from the HQ or Lord of War battlefield role. Score 5 Victory points.

No Mercy, No Respite:

Proof of Doctrine: Score 3 victory point at the end of the battle (to a maximum of 15 victory points) for each enemy unit that was destroyed as the result of an attack made with a Rapid Fire or Assault weapon by an Ultramarines unit is under the effect of the tactical doctrine.

Battlefield supremacy:
Courage and Honour!: If you select this objective, keep a tally of all passed moral test (including those automatically passed); each time a unit in your army passes a morale test add 1 to this tally. At the end of the battle, divide your morale test points tally by 5 and round down - the result is the number of victory points you score.

Shadow Operations:
Score 1 victory point to a maximum of 5 per battle round for each strategic ploy stratagem used.

Would love to see what people think of agenda and possible crusade relics.

Edited by jonjacob

Scouts should go to Legends IMO .

Agreed but I’d hope they’d put out a corresponding unit for primaris first (current Phobos units don’t cut it)

I could see Reivers getting a revamp eventually that would let them take up some of the Scout identity/battlefield use. Right now they are overpriced and underwhelming on the table.

Scouts should go to Legends IMO .

Agreed but I’d hope they’d put out a corresponding unit for primaris first (current Phobos units don’t cut it)

I could see Reivers getting a revamp eventually that would let them take up some of the Scout identity/battlefield use. Right now they are overpriced and underwhelming on the table.

I could see that. But even then the initiate role doesn’t really match terror troops to me much? Idk, I guess I’m hoping for a unit that is somewhere between existing Phobos and old scouts. I can see us getting a kit like this at some point down the road

Reivers have a great look, and are very interesting in the novels.

They need some rules re-jigs for sure. I think something similar to GSC, with appearing close to the enemy.

And their weapons need a boost too. Make their knives into power blades with ap-2, and make the carbines 3 shots.

Scouts being revamped is more of a general Space Marine discussion, but it would assist Telion.

The problem with Scouts is as Troops they'll be the cheapest by a long way and thus often be chosen purely on that basis of minimising costs in that section.

As Elites, why bother as I have to take Troops anyway and get infiltration from there?

So Telion ends up without a unit to lead.

But I don't want Telion changed to any old Phobos units as he thematically teaches the recruits. And we don't want Primaris Scouts. That makes no sense in the lore as the Scouts and recruitment haven't changed. They need a new kit of course.

Purely selfish reasons, but Honour Guard to be expanded to have Combat Shields as an option in units of 5 would make my lifetime. Then I could use Invictarus Suzerains models to represent them and finally have justification for them outside 30K being a pretty stagnat game ;)

Edited by Captain Idaho

Telion could have a relic instigator carbine. Assault 2, range 24 -2ap and 2 damage. Ignores look out sir, Camo cloak as standard.

If I'm honest Telion needs the primaris upgrade more than any other character we have because he will struggle for relevancy.

Scouts really need to be troops again, the only reason people would take them on mass was for double battalion cp which is no longer a thing.

Scouts should not go to Legends anytime soon.

Telion does NOT need to be Primaris. I know that's where everything is going, but the size disparity between Scouts and Telion would make them look absurd.

He always chose to not be promoted to the Honour Guard and beyond so all of a sudden him leaving the Scouts he's mentoring for no real reason other than getting swol.

What's more, on a personal level, I hate all power armoured infiltration. I'm able to suspend disbelief plenty but it just doesn't work in my mind to see such things. Especially these giant Primaris.

I'm no fan of the armour either. There needs to be a reason to take him other than for the sake of having a cheap hq. That's something that does need to change.

Greatcrusade08 got an idea of what you would like from the scout master?

I'm no fan of the armour either. There needs to be a reason to take him other than for the sake of having a cheap hq. That's something that does need to change.

Greatcrusade08 got an idea of what you would like from the scout master?

As per the fluff/backstory Idaho is 100% correct, however im assuming a massive retcon will make everything primaris at some point inc scouts. (primaris will just be the SMs and thats it)

The scouts im using are converted to look more primaris-y and ill probably do the same with Telion to make them look the part, but i dont want to dishonour his backstory, hes not primaris and ideally never will be.

I really think scouts need new models, the old ones are like childs drawings compared to modern SMs.

In terms of what i want, either Telion and scouts to remain, with first born, to show different stages of SMs, or if they move everything to primaris to keep honest to the SM creation, and keep some kind of scout variant in the dex. Cant have Telion without scouts and without scouts, whats the point of Telion.

I really would like to see him as a unit upgrade again, but GW are moving away from that. Ive always wanted a better way to differentiate sergeants from scouts besides just wargear, they are veterans after all.

I also want storm speeders to get an update, they are looking old too.

Reivers have a great look, and are very interesting in the novels.

They need some rules re-jigs for sure. I think something similar to GSC, with appearing close to the enemy.

And their weapons need a boost too. Make their knives into power blades with ap-2, and make the carbines 3 shots.

Read Blood Of Iax recently which makes Rievers sound amazing - such a shame they don’t represent it on the table. A move to troops would help, but do they and Incursors share too similar a space?

I think reivers blades having -1ap would be fine, you can leave them to drop until turn 3 if you want -2ap, maybe give them +1 to charge on the drop?

maybe sergeant upgrades?

Edited by greatcrusade08