Ultramarines Supplement wishlist

I'd like to see Cato Sicarius cross the Rubicon Primaris (i.e., new model and rules).

Telion is old, but as long as the scouts are available, he should be kept. Once GW retires the scouts, though, the venerable warrior should die a suitable death. I doubt anything will happen in this supplement.

I don't see much else happening other than bringing rules in line with the new edition. I'm curious about the Crusade rules that the Ultramarines will get, and this is where I think we'll see the most interesting additions.

Aside from that, I'd like to see more information on successors, including some recommended rules for some of them.

Wouldn't mind a buff to the Tyrannic War vets to make them more inline with Sternguard, same with the Honour Guard being changed to let them have more than two models in a unit - if people want to buy more models, why not let them?

Maybe some fixes to our Chapter Champion/Ancient to let them buy an upgrade to Primaris or something along those lines - unlikely, since they go no model/no rules, but it would be nice for the Primaris players to have the option. 

Other than that, some minor changes to characters and a change to our Doctrine to make it a little less mediocre post-9th. 

I'd like to see Cato Sicarius cross the Rubicon Primaris (i.e., new model and rules).

Telion is old, but as long as the scouts are available, he should be kept. Once GW retires the scouts, though, the venerable warrior should die a suitable death. I doubt anything will happen in this supplement.

I don't see much else happening other than bringing rules in line with the new edition. I'm curious about the Crusade rules that the Ultramarines will get, and this is where I think we'll see the most interesting additions.

Aside from that, I'd like to see more information on successors, including some recommended rules for some of them.

I kind of agree with the Telion sentiment. He is quite old (in lore) and making the Primaris transition may not be feasible. Keep him with the Scouts. If UM need a Reaver named character, just introduce Stealthicus Inconspicuoucus Maximus or something. I am sure the lore boys can figure something out. Would be interesting though. UM pride themselves on being able to apply all strategies, and yet there is little that encourages me to take Phobos unit outside of the Troops slot. Given that UM stratagems are more generalist, I it should remain that way, their unique buffs may be tied to characters. A named Phobos dude may open new strategies.

Fall back and Re-engage was critical in my game last night. I can't praise that Strategum enough and believe any new Supplement would do well to provide movement and abilities similarly.

What it does is harken back to background of Ultramarines never being written off. They're stuck in melee and the opponent thinks he's sucked your unit into a time wasting situation or attrition then you pull out, fire and charge again (potentially a different target on an objective).

So on that theme, I'm thinking Ultramarines can have some Strategums like these:

Close Quarters Fire (1CP): During your Shooting phase, choose an Ultramarines infantry or Bike unit within engagement range of an enemy unit. That unit can fire their bolter weapons at the enemy unit they are engaged with, in the same way as pistols.

Relentless Pursuit (1CP): During your shooting phase, choose a Ultramarines infantry or Bike unit. That unit can move 6" immediately after firing that phase, but cannot charge that turn.

What I've gone for here are cheap Strategums that focus on infantry and thematic Ultramarines choices.

Oh yeah, bring back Masterful Marksmanship. Blimey.

• 2 weeks later...
Been thinking on this one again and I'd also like to see Veteran Intercessors and Sternguard get an Ultramarines Strategum that grants +1 to wound to their bolters. It is fluffy for Ultramarines to have quality Elites that lead the way and having both of these is a genuine boon again.