Imperial Knights 9th Edition Wishlist?

jarms48

There's one of these for Guard, but nothing for Imperial Knights. I'm not a huge Knight player, but I love the idea of them. So I'll start:

In general:

- I think Questor Mechanicus and Questor Imperialis should be split from Codex Imperial Knights. What do I mean by this?

Questor Mechanicus: 

Questor Mechanicus should have a greater role in Codex Adeptus Mechanicus where they can either be taken as LoW choices in Adeptus Mechanicus detachments without breaking any detachment abilities. Alternatively they could still be taken in mono Questor Mechanicus detachments as per current rules. 

Questor Imperialis:

There should be 3 ways to field standard Questor Imperialis units. Which I'll actually list to make it easier to read: 

- As mono Questor Imperialis detachments, as per current rules.

- Can be taken individually as LoW choices for any Imperium detachment without breaking any detachment abilities. Like Inquisitors or Assassins. 

- Lastly, and more importantly we introduce unique Questor Imperialis detachment options. Essentially HQ slots can be replaced with LoW choices. We can then have the option of Imperial Knights bringing along their own men-at-arms. For simplicity sake we'll say their codex options would be similar to the Imperial Guards. 

With the above this allows both Questor Mechanicus and Questor Imperialis the ability to field, or be fielded with, armies that can secure objectives. 

Detachment Rules:

For LoW choices to be more easily accessible (for everyone really). So, what we do is:

- Brigade detachments have a 0 - 1 LoW slot added.

- Auxiliary Super-heavy detachments are changed to work much in the same way as Fortification Networks. 0CP cost if they from the same faction as the Warlord, or otherwise they cost 1CP to include. So a Baneblade in an Astra Militarum detachment would be 0CP, but an Imperial Knight in an Astra Militarum detachment would be 1CP. I would also let any LoW get their detachment ability in an Auxiliary Super-heavy detachment.

- Knightly Order (Questor Imperialis only): HQ slots in Patrol, Battalion, or Brigade detachments can be swapped for LoW slots. 

Test Rules for Men-At-Arms (Using Codex Astra Militarum):

Knightly Order Detachment: Replace the Astra Militarum and/or Militarum Tempestus keyword(s) with Imperial Knights, Questor Imperialis, and Men-at-Arms. Replace the <Regiment> or <Tempestus Regiment> keyword with <Household>Men-at-Arms characters may not be given any Heirlooms of the Noble Houses and cannot be chosen as your Warlord. Men-at-Arms units do not gain a <Household> trait.

These are purely placeholder rules, but should allow players to temporarily playtest how an influx of your more typical infantry and vehicle units could fit into an Imperial Knight list. 

I'd much prefer Questor Imperialis human troops to be much more unique than simply copy-paste Guard.

Edited by jarms48

Considering that LoWs are only in their own detachments now your looking at an change to detachments in general first, which is un-necessary.

Personally I just want Engine War to be added into the current dex plus add some faction specific objectives and crusade upgrades. Basically what they have been doing so far.

Also for our thermal weapons to get the melta rule. I prefer the =2 dmg to a re-roll anyday.

Edited by Focslain

I’d rather they give Armigers at the very least Objective Secured, giving us some scoring options, or a few more ways to give OS to units. Other then that, just Engine War rolled into main dex and as already said some more stratagems and relic options.

Super duper unlikely to happen wish: update the Questor kit to include the nice new magnet recess designs like they have for AT and have some more posing options. While magnetising knights isn’t hard, I wouldn’t be upset if they made it even easier!

The army needs better ways to deal with Objectives. Since that is what 9th is all about. 

Just give them Obsec if a mono list, like with the guard how Leman Russ tanks are Obsec if taken in a Spearhead detachment.

I like UtariOnzo's idea of giving the armigars obsec. It would give another reason to field them outside of board control and being able to hid behind buildings.

Also a new more poseable kit would be amazing. That or some pilot models.

Edited by Focslain

Yeah this 100% works in my mind. I hope we do see something like that.

The army needs better ways to deal with Objectives. Since that is what 9th is all about. 

Just give them Obsec if a mono list, like with the guard how Leman Russ tanks are Obsec if taken in a Spearhead detachment.

I like UtariOnzo's idea of giving the armigars obsec. It would give another reason to field them outside of board control and being able to hid behind buildings.

Also a new more poseable kit would be amazing. That or some pilot models.