Hi folks,

After a fairly long break from 40K, I decided to paint up a leftover squad of Primaris Assault Intercessors as a bit of a palette cleanser.

Big mistake, I am now planning my 5th Space Wolves army!

Here's my first unit:

gallery_5348_14978_286416.jpg

gallery_5348_14978_273538.jpg

gallery_5348_14978_578625.jpg

This will be a slow burn project in all honestly, as funds are tight currently, and will be Primaris only. Planning a Combat Patrol force of Ragnar, 2x units of Assault Intercessors, and a unit of Bladeguard Veterans.

Currently working on a Primaris Rune Priest.

C&C is, as always, appreciated.

Cheers,

WW

Edited by Wraithwing

Bjorn Firewalker might've meant which type of pack they are. Space wolves basically consider the primaris loadouts to fit into roles based on the 3 traditional packs. Assault Intercessors are one of the packs not mentioned in the supplement when they gave examples. It looks like you gave them the claw pack markings which makes sense so basically they're blood claw assault Intercessors.

Fine works. Are they Blood Claws, or Grey Hunters?

Thanks!

They are neither. They are Assault Intercessors.

Bjorn Firewalker might've meant which type of pack they are. Space wolves basically consider the primaris loadouts to fit into roles based on the 3 traditional packs. Assault Intercessors are one of the packs not mentioned in the supplement when they gave examples.

I don't yet know what the Space Wolves call Primaris infantry units, and I doubt they'll use the same terms a Codex Chapter will use. "'Primaris Eradicators'? They serve the same role as Long Fangs, they'll be known as 'Primaris Long Fangs'. No need to use the foolishly flowery terms that Lord Regent Guilliman favors, as if he's a flower girl promoting produce from her gardens, instead of a warmaster leading an army."

Bjorn Firewalker might've meant which type of pack they are. Space wolves basically consider the primaris loadouts to fit into roles based on the 3 traditional packs. Assault Intercessors are one of the packs not mentioned in the supplement when they gave examples. It looks like you gave them the claw pack markings which makes sense so basically they're blood claw assault Intercessors.

I am aware of all this, but they are not referred to as Blood Claws by the Space Wolves, so that doesn’t fit. They are definitely called Claw packs. Hence why Assault Intercessors works for me.

Fine works. Are they Blood Claws, or Grey Hunters?

Thanks!

They are neither. They are Assault Intercessors.

Bjorn Firewalker might've meant which type of pack they are. Space wolves basically consider the primaris loadouts to fit into roles based on the 3 traditional packs. Assault Intercessors are one of the packs not mentioned in the supplement when they gave examples.

I don't yet know what the Space Wolves call Primaris infantry units, and I doubt they'll use the same terms a Codex Chapter will use. "'Primaris Eradicators'? They serve the same role as Long Fangs, they'll be known as 'Primaris Long Fangs'. No need to use the foolishly flowery terms that Lord Regent Guilliman favors, as if he's a flower girl promoting produce from her gardens, instead of a warmaster leading an army."

Yeah, I’m afraid I am too old to be offended by made up names these days, and pretend rivalries, so call them what they are.

I really like your basing if you don't mind me asking what materials are using for it. I'm trying to use a combination of army builder flocks but I'm not happy with the snowy sections.

Thanks!

I use GWs texture paints. So Stirland Mud, drybrushed with Steel Legion Drab and Karak Stone, with a wash of Agrax Earthshade. Then GWs Middenland Tufts, and then finally, GWs Valhallan Blizzard snow. 

Thanks, do you use their texture tool? I've messed with texture paints but getting layers that thin has evaded me so far.

I use the grey plastic 'spudger' tool that comes with GWs sculpting tool set. So a flat spade on one end, and a thin spade on the other. 

• 4 weeks later...

After a small hiatus while I completed a commission project, I am back to my Primaris Wolves.

Here's my next unit, Bladeguard Veterans:

med_gallery_5348_14978_360183.jpg

med_gallery_5348_14978_137946.jpg

med_gallery_5348_14978_382096.jpg

med_gallery_5348_14978_682838.jpg

med_gallery_5348_14978_192654.jpg

med_gallery_5348_14978_494769.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how these guys have turned out. I may add a couple more pouches and holsters, but overall, I think these are nearly done.

C&C is, as always, appreciated.

Cheers,

WW