Space Wolf Successors best Relic of the Fang

CCE1981

Trying to figure out which Relic of the Fanf is best for a Space Wolves Successor Chapter. Right now I am torn between the Armor of Russ and Wulfen stone. I have historically leaned towards the Armor of Russ to give my Librarian an Invulnerable Save, but I like to question my own choices.

Am I missing any others of note?

Edited by CCE1981

Personally I agree that Armour of Russ is the best. Forcing things to go last is just strong.

That said Pelt of the Balewolf is really good for smash style solo characters. It is a bit more situational because in some matchups its overkill.

If you run a mobile wolf priest benediction of fury is pretty good as well. Granted I'm kinda cheating cause it's in the vainilla marine book.

Yeah, my concentration right now is focused on the sole Relic of the Fang I can get.

That's fair, I listed my thoughts on relics of fang that I didn't mention earlier below.

Wulfen stone - re-roll charges isn't to hard to get. One time boost to savage fury is ok.

Fireheart- Relic pistols are usually pretty underwhelming... this isn't an exception.

Black Death - This relic is pretty disappointing it's a bad Teeth of Terra. I really want it to be good but I think a master crafted power axe is probably just as impactful.

Mountain-Breaker helm - A little bit of extra damage for a smash character, that said typically your character isn't going to leave a lot standing after they attack.

Storm's Eye - you really need to live dangerously with your rune priest for this to have impact. In which case your better off with Armour of Russ, in addition tome of malcador is really useful if you don't want to be that aggressive with your priest.

I really think Armour of Russ is clearly the strongest choice. Pelt of the Balewolf is a pretty good choice as well, the rest I'd have a really tough time recommending for reasons other than rule of cool.

The title of "best relic" is a bit situational as it depends on who you are giving it to and what role you want them to play.

Armour of Russ is excellent on a Rune Priest as it provides some much-needed durability. It is also really good when used defensively. A nearby unit gets charged, the Priest HIs in and freezes the attacker in place. Having said that I am a big fan of "Tome of Malcador" on a Rune Priest as it allows me to split between Librarius and Tempestus powers so I will often go for a Terminator Rune Priest instead and get the extra defence that way.

It is less useful on a Smash Character where you can easily get a 2+/4++ save from a Storm Shield without using up a Relic slot and you are more likely to be charging so the enemy will be striking after you anyway. Here the Pelt (defensive) or Wulfenstone (offensive) are much more likely to be useful.

I play Space wolves successors exclusively. I bring Armor of Russ on my rune priest for the fight last and for him to get a 4++. I get the Reroll charges from My Wulfen and I usually bring a jump lord with hunter trait so my units get to advance and charge. Additionally I bring a chaplain with +2 charge litany so I have no need of the Wulfen stone. I like to maximize my fight last options. AOR, spell and Judiciar.

Cool.

I am mainly going for what I have, and sadly no Wulfen to date. Still working on inspiration for a “heroes of the Chapter” type of things for them.

My Chaplain and Librarian take up my extra warlord traits, if you’ve seen the numbers I roll you’d understand why they’re auto includes. The Chaplain has the +2” charge Litany so I should be good there.