Porting/converting Power Armor to MkX

Hello, me once again.

I either use the wrong terms with google or I am to stupid, but:
Does anybody have a video about converting older Power Armor to the Primaris?
Let'sa say the Thousand Sons Khenetai Occult Blade Cabal torsos.
In my head, I cut them apart, carve them out out, but AFAIK the chest armour of the primaris has a bigger "belly armor", which must somehow fit in.
So essentially I'm looking for a tutorial on how to achieve just this.
Pete the Wargamer does something like this with a Primaris Terminator, using Gravis font and a terminator backplate.

Mark IV torsos like the Khenetai are the least realistic/silliest proportioned form of power armour breastplate, so won't work at all with the sensibly proportioned Primaris marines which are based on the more realistic mark VII armour.

Might be possible to carve off a mark IV breastplate and attach it to a mark X chest to make something more sensible than mark IV but I've never tried.

Best option would be to design and 3d print new Mark IV-esque chest pieces to glue to the front of primaris torsos.

I feared such answers :D

More than the Khenetai I had my eyes on the Templar and Phalanx Warder Upgrade kits :D

Guess I'll look for someone to do the thing you suggested.

It depends what aspect of MkX/Primaris armour you want - if you mostly want an equivalent size, you can make MkIV armour bigger using Tartaros terminator legs a la Voidjord: https://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-viewimage.jsp?i=1092190, and if you cut carefully you can even carry the metal loincloth over.  It does require a little bit of greebling round the waist to disguise how narrow it is there, but packs and grenades do well there.  Having borrowed the idea recently myself, I know the result is pretty close to Primaris in size.

I actually want the chest part of various of the old upgrade kits to fit on a Primaris. But most of them come with armour part which go over the belt area.

I have a cheap MKIII recast flying around somewhere, maybe I carve them apart as an exercise.

• 3 weeks later...