New Imperial Fists Praetors!

Both models include details that evoke some of the [other] well-known Successors of the VIIth Legion. The chest decoration of the power armoured praetor includes a pair of axes (Executioners); and both have multiple instances of the Maltese cross (Black Templars). Naturally, the clenched fist evokes multiple Successors (Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Fists Exemplar, Subjugators, etc.). These praetor models would also make great character models in relic suits for the WH40K game.

Both models include details that evoke some of the [other] well-known Successors of the VIIth Legion. The chest decoration of the power armoured praetor includes a pair of axes (Executioners); and both have multiple instances of the Maltese cross (Black Templars). Naturally, the clenched fist evokes multiple Successors (Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, Fists Exemplar, Subjugators, etc.). These praetor models would also make great character models in relic suits for the WH40K game.

The potential of these is really exciting. Thinking about a Fafnir Rann from the PA fellow. 

Thats my one criticism of them tbh, that both of them have heraldry from their more famous peers on them, which is seriously weird really. Might work if the Power armour one was obviously Fafnir Rand ofc.

Very nice models in general though!

Well, the Maltese Cross was established as a generic Veteran symbol for Imperial Fists Legionaries in the Extermination black book, and I think something similar happened with the twin axes; the crossed ones feature in all the Phalanx Warders shoulderpads, and if I recall correctly, the non-crossed ones are a symbol of assault companies, but I might be wrong on that one.

With that said, I feel giving two axes to the power armoured one should look quite nice and make a nice Rann conversion.

Edited by Elzender

There is a word in my native language but not in English that describes my feelings on these minis.  It's like a positive version of jealousy, I have to explain it:

• Jealousy - a negative feeling, a pejorative word, imho the most useless of all human emotions
  • Envy - a barely less negative word, more neutral, just acknowledging you have something I don't
  • The word that exists in my language - closest is admiration, like you won the lottery, it could have happened to anyone but YOU got it, it's past "I'm happy for you" to the point of "I'm in awe of you"

That last emotion is what I feel for you, my Imperial Fist Fraters OR Black Templar Fraters.  The one in Mk III power armour is like the perfect Emperor's Champion.

I hadn't even considered the other Imperial Fist Successors, but you're right!  I would join you guys but I have my own path involving Firstborn, but I totally feel word-I-really-cannot-find-an-English-equivalent-of for you that belong to those Chapters.  Absolutely awesome.

These knock out the Word Bearers praetors out of the water. Let's not speak of the horrid accident that was the Night Lord ones. The Blood Angels ones were the best of the lot, but I think these are the new standard. 

Damn, they're beautiful. Word Bearers were last, before that was White Scars, I believe - so the next would be a traitor - here's hoping Iron Warriors to quip back at that title there, eh? 

Breath takingly beautiful models! I am so, so happy to see these! 

Don't play IF but damn, I might buy these anyway.

Take an exacto-knife or precision blade, chop away at the torso symbol. Fill in the the groin plate embossed "VII" with liquid green stuff or your choice filament. Swap out the shoulder pad, and file off the heraldric cross on the knee. That looks like all you might have to do, maybe change out the hilt on the sword there. We don't know what the cape is like, if it has any other protrusions, but you've got yourself a very snazzy Blood Angel or Emperor's Children. For Wolves (and i'm doing this by your tags), just green stuff fur over the chest pad in a swinging motion to convey movement, do something about the knee.