New Imperial Fists Praetors!

Both are absolutely gorgeous models!  It looks like the power armored chap's right wrist is rotated way too far to the right though.  Also, is the black bit on his right shin a different sculpted texture or just a normal panel painted a different color?

Both are absolutely gorgeous models!  It looks like the power armored chap's right wrist is rotated way too far to the right though.  Also, is the black bit on his right shin a different sculpted texture or just a normal panel painted a different color?

Textured, you can see it on the right-most (our left) side of the Torso and both thighs as well.

Edited by Slips

Textured, you can see it on the right-most (our left) side of the Torso and both thighs as well.

Might be my only complaint with that model so far, but it's hard to say what's going on there without a better look. It would make sense if it's inset stone, such as obsidian, or something. However, from the picture, the texture kind of looks like the hammered copper that features on White Scars Heresy models, which is a big wat

Anyway, yeah, these are great. It looks like their digital design team has got it dialed in again. Less of the chunky detail we've seen on some sculpts, thinner capes, and more dynamic poses. Now I really want to see how Praetors for the book 1 Legions might turn out :biggrin.:

Might be my only complaint with that model so far, but it's hard to say what's going on there without a better look. It would make sense if it's inset stone, such as obsidian, or something. However, from the picture, the texture kind of looks like the hammered copper that features on White Scars Heresy models, which is a big wat

Anyway, yeah, these are great. It looks like their digital design team has got it dialed in again. Less of the chunky detail we've seen on some sculpts, thinner capes, and more dynamic poses. Now I really want to see how Praetors for the book 1 Legions might turn out :biggrin.:

Looks a bit like hammered bronze to me, and I have literally know idea what that means in regards to imperial fist fluff.

Still, on the whole, those are absolutely epic models.

Thinking about it just now - why weren't these shown off during the Warhammer Fest previews? There were calls for Heresy stuff during the live chats, and a simple show of these two would have cemented that Heresy isn't something more than an afterthought.

I generally was thinking this too. Maybe they don't have as much stuff and would have had to skip out on the "Legions Dispatch" if they showed them then? Dunno, this boils down to communication problems... again. 

I was pleasantly surprised and am super excited to come across these today! I plan to make these some Crimson Fists models.

Regarding the iconography for the Templars, Executioners etc., I am going to make these two as veterans of a Last Wall Protocol in which they earned these markings from their brethren. Like campaign badges of sorts.

The Maltese Cross is a veteran mark in 30k, while the twin axes are "assault cadre". Only later they came to mean Sigismund's Black Templars and Fafnir Rann's Executioners, specifically. 

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

The Crossed axes, I don't think we've seen as heraldry up to this point for the IF.

They're on the FW decal sheet, not many though.

Also page 56 of book 3, the opening page of the Imperial Fists.

A underused and obscure icon for the fists that has been around a while, perhaps the black book icon was the inspiration for this model.

The Crossed Axes, unless I'm mistaken, are not Fafnir Rann's company heraldry; its two upright, back-to-back axes as shown here:

6e1b91ec310d65b8ba636049c909a7f6.jpg

The Crossed axes, I don't think we've seen as heraldry up to this point for the IF.

As Bung said, the crossed axes are the Wardens' very own icon...

99550101407_ImperialFistLegionPhalanxSqa

+Edit: Stunning seeing YOU, of anyone, forget it!

Edited by Spinsanity

The Crossed Axes, unless I'm mistaken, are not Fafnir Rann's company heraldry; its two upright, back-to-back axes as shown here:

I havent look at my Warders or read a black book in like, a year or two now.

I havent look at my Warders or read a black book in like, a year or two now.

The pain glove is calling you. :wink.:

I think they look fantastic!

Will probably collect both and use them in my dream "small band of most Legions, couple of HQs, couple of troops and a cool unit or two."

Gives me hope if they do an AA Wolf one that it'll be of decent calibre as really not a fan of the TDA one or the Varagyr.

im really hopeful for the other legions now. if this is the new norm im really looking forward to IH, SOH, IW, and 1ksons.

Yh I'm super curious about whether/ how they'll integrate the exposed reactor design from the Gorgon Terminators/ IH Contemptor into Tartaros/ Cataphractii armour for the Iron Hands Praetors

Think with TS and SW, since they were the flagship Praetors. The termies are there and Prospero is meant to be the 'power armor' guys.

which would be great if A. the SW termi wasnt one of the worst sculpts FW have done in years and B. that the two plastic characters werent OOP;

Looking over the Imperial Fist Praetors again, those bases. Those don't look like any resin rocks i've ever seen. Doubtful, but maybe plastic?

im really hopeful for the other legions now. if this is the new norm im really looking forward to IH, SOH, IW, and 1ksons.

This would be perfect, I just started my 1ksons project. I'd love to see more Iron Hands though!

Think with TS and SW, since they were the flagship Praetors. The termies are there and Prospero is meant to be the 'power armor' guys.

which would be great if A. the SW termi wasnt one of the worst sculpts FW have done in years and B. that the two plastic characters werent OOP;

I'm going to say that the power armored Night Lord Praetor is up there in terms of awfulness.  The wing ornaments on the helm are chunky and horrendous (especially since we know resin can be more crisp than that, we have Sevatar... and the Night Raptors, much older sculpts with crisper, sexier, and the keynote here is more 'scary' wings), the skull on the helm itself has these comical cartoonish chunky rounded and un-even teeth that look like one of the B-rated Halloween companies (and I worked in that field for 7 years, I know what's a baaaad skull mask), the skull on his pauldron and chest are mismatching. The hook on his chainmail loin cloth has completely removed the links beneath it, inexcusable for something sculpted in CAD... Man, I could go on. The pose itself feels incredibly bland and boring, only the Word Bearer Praetor in power armor eclipses it. In short:

VMx5A9m.png

Thank you for coming to my Ted-rant.

Yeah, the Burning of Prospero Boxed characters aren't in the Legion Praetor series. For one, they're plastic. Or were plastic. Because GW discontinued them without allowing people to buy the amazing Geigor/Ahriman sculpts. More to that, they were named characters, not intended to be stand in for the Praetor series. So yes, the Space Wolves and the Thousand Sons still need Praetors in power armor added. I'd like to add in that the Terminator armored Space Wolf should be binned and started over with, just like the PA Night Lord one.