New Imperial Fists Praetors!

Mine just came today; adding to the size comparison pics.

x0CkLsbl.jpg

Km0ZzWDl.jpg

It's about the same height at the hip as a Primaris Marine and a Tortuga MkIII. The torso seems a little longer than the Tortuga MkIII.

Man those are thicc legs. I guess that's the whole problem with that model.

The model has a lot of tricks so that when it’s done the proportions look human(ish), but individually the parts are too small or too big. This guy has no waist or abdomen. The hip plates and upper ridges of the legs create the impression of one.

Scale creep is nothing new. Personally I still play with all my old mini marines. Like my old metal librarian (you can see him sticking his head up in the group shot below lol) and I put an old metal apothecary on a cool taller base to bring him up a little. So if the new plastics are even larger. . .well they will just look even shorter then. I just envision the librarian as the little kid in the back jumping up and down frantically waving and yelling 'pick me, pick me!' :teehee:

35331442775_f1571a3e3e_c.jpg20170615_181536 by nifty, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. I think it’s fantastic.

One must also consider that the existence of a bad mini prevents the creation of a good one.

Take an extreme case: the Space Wolves Varagyr and Cataphractii praetor. VIth legion players hate them enough to convert their own versions over buying the FW ones, but because the units already exist, FW will never make new ones.

People have a right to complain. Not that it will change anything.