Next Primaris Reveal or Release (speculation)

All the previewed Primaris units are out in the wild, so whats the next unknown release?

My guss off the pattern is a Librarian on bike is due (techmarine on bike to come further down the line).

Maybe more unique characters with supplements for chapters that didnt get them yet

Theres also the more speculative one multipart/multi weapon Suppressors, flyer, melee jump troops. The relative break from Primaris releases was welcome though

I have to say, I'm disappointed at he mounted options.

I'd hoped that anti grav was going to be a primaris thing, so we'd get speeder bikes or hover bikes as opposed to tires, keep the tires for the guard I say.

I'd like to see more to support Primaris to integrate them into the rules set.  So for instance, if a raider can take ten marines or five terminators, it can carry five primaris due to the size difference.

The reason I say this is because I can see Primaris not getting say a thunderhawk or stormeagle equivalent for some time, so what's the difference until that gap is closed. 

I have to say, I'm disappointed at he mounted options.

I'd hoped that anti grav was going to be a primaris thing, so we'd get speeder bikes or hover bikes as opposed to tires, keep the tires for the guard I say.

I'd like to see more to support Primaris to integrate them into the rules set. So for instance, if a raider can take ten marines or five terminators, it can carry five primaris due to the size difference.

The reason I say this is because I can see Primaris not getting say a thunderhawk or stormeagle equivalent for some time, so what's the difference until that gap is closed.

Ive seen the pics off someone who kitbashed outrider bikes with repulsor grav plates and they look AMAZING.

That said 2 wheel bikes have that retro 80s metal appeal even if theyre a bit nonsensical even by 40k levels of sense.

Dont think theyd get something that big as a plastic 40k model but a fighter bomber or gunned up transport flyer would seem like a matter of when. If they wanted to really cool and unique a lightly armed transport flyer could be something different

Edited by Dark Shepherd

The Primaris line feels reasonably fleshed out now with units like Eradicators for tank hunting, Outriders for some extra mobility and both Assault Intercessors and Bladeguard Vets for melee. We also have tanks and speeders to compliment the transports.

Is every unit a hit? Probably not. I still think most of the vehicles are over-priced and underwhelming but that is a different topic. It feels to me like Primaris can stand alone as a reasonably good army. Of course life is easier with a smattering of Firstborn units but they are not essential.

We have had 3 decent-sized waves of releases for generic Primaris now. I would like to see attention turned to providing some chapter-specific units. We don't necessarily need or want 1-for-1 replacements of existing units. Primaris Death Company are generally regarded as inferior to Firstborn since they can't take Jump Packs or many melee weapons. Primaris Sanguinary Guard would either be better than the existing unit or render them obsolete. I would like to see a signature unit for each of the big Chapters to help capture their character. Load the sprues with extras and you can use the spare parts to bling up existing Primaris units too since the existing upgrade sprues are pretty underwhelming. :wink:

Having said all that, I do feel that some of the other races need some love. Necrons got a much needed revamp while new Incubi for the Dark Eldar was welcome. Orks are clearly getting some new toys. Let's see what Craftworld Eldar look like with modern sculpting.

Im glad the releases have calmed down and attention has turned elsewhere. Chapter specific would be cool but I think ad hoc units like Hounds of Morkai suggests that thats further off.

The named characters crossing the Rubicon will continue albeit slowly. What character options went to Legends and what generic characters have come out since seems to be a clue. Summer will mostly be AOS so could be September or Autumn before more Primaris hit shelves. Could be little drips of characters until theres another wave

Yeah prime terminators would be amazing. I’d buy so many. Can’t bring myself to buy the current ones and the new csm ones are badass, have 15 of em. Also word on the street BTs are getting the first dedicated primaris squad for a specific chapter, so I’m assuming we’ll see more within the year.

I started a thread a while back on this very topic ("Predicting Primaris"). I still think the next wave will flesh out the remaining obvious holes in the standard chapter organization from a squad standpoint, though vehicle and character models will continue to trickle out for the next decade or more.

The obvious (to me) candidates to make up the final set of squad kits:

"Linebreakers" - the actual Terminator EQ (sorry, Aggressors). TH+SS Chonky Boys in Gravis.

"Oppressors" - Omnis-clad jump dudes, more or less Assault Marine EQs, but with a ranged option. Possible multi-build with the MPK Suppressors.

"Shriekers" - Phobos-jump guys in Shrike-pattern gear. Lightning Claws for days. Vanguard Vets EQ.

"Quakers" - Tacticus guys with Grav Rifles, because I refuse to accept that Hellblasters will be the only Tacticus-armored Devastator analogs and with Techmarines and Garadon sporting Grav weapons it seems like a good possibility that a squad of grav boys will show up

Also, Suppressors and Outriders will get their MPK releases (possibly a multi-build kit in the Suppressors' case as noted above).

And I think we'll see a multi-build Repulsor transport/AAA platform. The transport will have no turret, essentially just being a flat-topped Repulsor chassis with the typical pintle options and some trash weapons. The AAA version will have a Hammerfall-style turret with switchable pods.

A flyer or several is inevitable. I'm still thinking we'll at least get a gunship/interceptor kit in the upcoming wave, but they may go for a Stormraven EQ instead. And there's still the chance they'll go for the hat trick a la the Archeopter and combine all three into a single kit (though probably with reduced transport capacity so they can sell the separate big transport later).

Primaris drop pods will happen, but probably not for a few years.

And we'll see SOME character models (Primaris Captain on Bike and at least one Captain or Lieutenant with jump capability). Otherwise, the Gravis, Bike, and Jump lines will see a slow trickle of character models going forward.

I'd also like to think that we're due for a Forge World followup to the Astraeus, but I'll stop well short of saying that's more likely than not in the next year or so. I don't think "Forge World" and "schedule" really belong in the same sentence.

Of course, this could all be pushed out a year if they decide to concentrate on Black Templars as seems to be the case. Or maybe they do a Templars release this fall and then kick off the last big Primaris wave next March with a battlebox, similar to how Shadowspear rang in the Phobos wave.

I was going to be cheeky and say another Lt, but I'm gonna be semi-serious and say a Gravis-armored Lt.  Besides just being yet another Lt, we have Phobos/Tacticus/Gravis/Bladeguard Captains, but only Phobos/Tacticus/Bladeguard Lts.  Gravis Lt is low hanging fruit.

Being a Dark Angels player, and seeing how Bladeguard models were the ones that made me fall in love with Space Marines from the Indomitus box, I would love to see more Bladeguard related models personally...

Totally, the blade guard were the first actual *imperium* looking primaris space marines. We needs lots more of that style. I’m sure there will be, I bet just a matter of when

Bladeguard with axes or even polearms would definitely sell.

Volkite or grav armed tacticus guys would be good but might end up in a weird rules/army building place

Multipart suppressors is a weird one as they are including the monopose ones in a fair few releases.

Multipart outriders Im now thinking are a bit off. If they got even sergeant melee weapons theyd be possibly OP with bonus charge attacks, let alone squad. It makes me think theyre slow rolling that to stop people kitbashing the characters on bikes

My guess would be Reulsor based artillery instead of dedicated AAA or enclosed transport

People working from home has dirupted the rumour mill! Maybe even platesting too

I am waiting for a squad armed with Volkite weapons.

Gods yes pls GW listen to this man

I considered the likelihood of a Volkite squad when I was looking at another potential "Devastator" squad, but it just seems like GW are treating that as more of a prestige weapon and probably not something we'll see on a full squad.

It's true that grav weaponry isn't exactly everyday gear either, but it doesn't scream "30K" to the point that its current implementation is being referred to as "Neo-Grav." Plus the obvious "fifth man" option is already a part of the Marine range - the Grav-Cannon.

Multipart suppressors is a weird one as they are including the monopose ones in a fair few releases.

Multipart outriders Im now thinking are a bit off. If they got even sergeant melee weapons theyd be possibly OP with bonus charge attacks, let alone squad. It makes me think theyre slow rolling that to stop people kitbashing the characters on bikes

My guess would be Reulsor based artillery instead of dedicated AAA or enclosed transport

I actually did mean "Artillery and AAA" as my post in the original thread will testify. Basically, depending on how the turret is built, the tank would be the equivalent of either the Whirlwind or a Hunter or Stalker. Or if built with a flat top, it would be the actual Rhino EQ (and an actual Dedicated Transport, unlike the standard Repulsor which has gone over to Heavy Support). Being GW of course, they could still release those as separate kits.

I don't know that I'd say the monopose Suppressors are in a "fair few" releases. It's basically just one release repackaged. The Combat Patrol box is replacing the Start Collecting Vanguard kit and THAT replaced Shadowspear (along with the Chaos Space Marines Start Collecting). It's not like GW is just grabbing the Suppressors on their own to add to those kits - the monopose Vanguard are a combined package. You want to keep the Infiltrators' Helix Guantlet option available? Well, due to how the sprues are designed, you MUST include the Rifle-only Eliminators and the Suppressors along with them. I don't think the fact that Suppressors keep getting included in updates to that one basic package can be taken as evidence of anything but the fact that they're a non-negotiable component due to the sprue design.

As for Outriders, it's possible they could sit on the shelf for a couple more years before we see the MPK bikes, but I don't think so. Given the fact that bikes are such a main presence in armies like White Scars and Dark Angels, it's a little bit of spitting in those players' faces for GW to only have a single monopose squad with integrated shoulder pads and Indomitus Crusade markings on every model. The GW I've grown to know would be far more likely to release an overpowered unit and then give it a rules nerf sometime down the road than hold off on releasing something that players would buy in droves.

Edited by Lord Nord

Sorry thought you meant dedicated antiair only like a Stalker or Hunter and not general artillery like a whirlwind

Multipart outriders might be out Scars codex/that time frame but they will need a datasheet change

Suppressors are just lumped in on the sprue. My thinking is as theyre in the new combat patrol and Imperium magazine theres a lot of them floating around so maybe no multiparts unless they get an alternate loadout. Which looks like it mightnt happen for some odd reason or more likely was delayed/disrupted somehow as its very much against the pattern. Was that hellfury rumour ever settled?

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Sorry thought you meant dedicated antiair only like a Stalker or Hunter and not general artillery like a whirlwind

Multipart outriders might be out Scars codex/that time frame but they will need a datasheet change

Suppressors are just lumped in on the sprue. My thinking is as theyre in the new combat patrol and Imperium magazine theres a lot of them floating around so maybe no multiparts unless they get an alternate loadout. Which looks like it mightnt happen for some odd reason or more likely was delayed/disrupted somehow as its very much against the pattern. Was that hellfury rumour ever settled?

Well, I did write "AAA" so the confusion was on my end. It's been a while since I wrote that post predicting the tank/transport multi-kit and I managed to space out the artillery aspect even though I had seen that as the more compelling option at the time. I just figured that the way GW's been doing multi-builds, when we do get a Whirlwind EQ, it'll also be the update for the Hunter and Stalker. But again, the miscommunication was on my part, not yours.

Yeah, I definitely expect the datasheet to be updated when multipart Outriders come out. I can't imagine they won't give them either a larger squad size (either 3-6 or even 3-9) or allow them to take an Invader in the squad the way regular Bike squads can take an Attack Bike, or at least give the Sergeant the ability to take either a different ranged or melee weapon.

If Suppressors end up coming out as a standalone kit, I'd be shocked if they don't feature a second weapon option. BUT I still think it's about even odds that they'll actually be part of a multi-build kit with a Close Support Omnis squad. In that case, I don't see kit space being taken up by a second heavy weapons option. The alternate squad might be able to go both ranged and melee, but the Suppressors would probably be stuck with Autocannons.

And I'm about 98% certain the "Hellfuries" were just GW's early name for the Eradicators. That entry doesn't really make any sense otherwise, given that we know they'd have had Eradicators planned well before that supplement was written. And the entry made it sound like the "Hellfuries" were the high end of the Fire Support chain, which is a position Eradicators occupied when they came out.

I have to think it'll be jump pack assault infantry like Shrike. 

Possibly a flyer, but the new storm speeders just about fill that role, sans -1 to hit, so I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking that if there's an artillary piece, it'll be something similar to a rapier or thunderfire platform -- there's already 5 primaris tank datasheets, and 6 if you count the impulsor.