Next Primaris Reveal or Release (speculation)

@Medjugorje personally I think they should be contained within the Imperial Fists supplement. To me Black Templars aren't that special or different that they can be done justice in the IF supplement. GW should focus on the first founding chapters to ensure they have the necessary flavour before branching out. That is just my view anyways and realise others will disagree.

@ Inquisitor_Lensoven. I agree they are the opposite, however I believe they can be captured in a supplement adequately. They need to get the first founding sorted first imo.

and why... Just because they are called first founding by GW???

Its about the theme which is important.

Wolves have that, Blood Angels have that... even Ultramarines have this in their unique way (being the normal marine by exemplar) and Templars are the crusading ones which fit as a chapter more then anything else after sm chapters are based on orders of knights.

I dont think Fists have that clear theme we all have a reference in the real world on it.

I disagree. Theme is what Gw makes it. Some of the first founding have had more work put into it than others. Personally I would prefer GW get the main first founding chapters upto a similar level first.
Edited by Captain Idaho
Removed quote of unnecessary content

If GW do go down the route of unique Primaris units and not just characters, then hopefully the Ultramarines supplement will feature some new units when it finally drops.

Some ranged veterans perhaps, or a unique assault unit.

BA, DA, SW all have a bunch of unique kits beyond just characters, so they might not see upgrades until the next Codex cycle or edition.

that last bit is why I don't think we'll see dedicate faction specific kits until the very end of the edition.

And sorry but why would smurfs get their own special assault unit? That's not really what they're known for...

Why do space wolves have their own ranged Devastator unit? They're not really known for sitting back and shooting.

=][= I've tidied up the topic somewhat and removed posts that are rude and unnecessary and generally off topic.

Also if you're quoting someone, ensure you edit the replies to reference the part relevant to your post. Chain quoting is unnecessary and clutters up the topic.

=][=

@Medjugorje personally I think they should be contained within the Imperial Fists supplement. To me Black Templars aren't that special or different that they can be done justice in the IF supplement. GW should focus on the first founding chapters to ensure they have the necessary flavour before branching out.

Glad they didnt.

I'm glad they are getting some flavour done on one of the main chapters that specifically does not follow the codex.

It was time to branch out.

Edited by Sete

I believe that Black Templars should be the lead Chapter for “Supplement: Crusader Chapters” make a Supplement for Chapters that fall outside their founders strictures.

not sure how well that would work since there seems to be at least 1 successor chapter that deviates significantly from their parent chapter, so you'd just have a random mishmash of chapters that are all very different.

I just think there’s a certain BT player from Germany who owes me a BT supplement when it comes out :wink:

Yay hurrah Templars :biggrin.:

Sons of Corax next ?

Really - cant remember our bet conditions. What was the deal? What was the condition for me to win?

You’re fine I’m just messing with you. You were pretty down on the idea Templars would ever get another Codex and I was wishlisting a Primaris Codex. I was going to buy you a Primaris Codex if it came out first and vis-à-vis if a Templar Codex came out first. Those were some pretty rough times for a lot of people with nothing but Primaris coming out seemingly forever. I’m just super happy the coolest themed Successor (sans Raptors of course :) Chapter is getting its love finally.

:D

You’re fine I’m just messing with you. You were pretty down on the idea Templars would ever get another Codex and I was wishlisting a Primaris Codex. I was going to buy you a Primaris Codex if it came out first and vis-à-vis if a Templar Codex came out first. Those were some pretty rough times for a lot of people with nothing but Primaris coming out seemingly forever. I’m just super happy the coolest themed Successor (sans Raptors of course :smile.: Chapter is getting its love finally.

:biggrin.:

I knew there was a bet but not exactly what was the condition. Now I remeber ... but  >>> But does a Supplement count as a standalone codex? 

For me a codex is a codex and a supplement is a supplement. But in the other hand all new Supplements ( SW + BA + DA + DW ) are the "more unique" ones and if the rumors are true then the BT Supplement will be above that (because that many models they will recieve). So I am not sure how to treat this bet. 

for all people who may have problems with the BT release: 

look at this video - it shows exactly the progress of bT over the years:

• 1 month later...
The Heavy Intercessors were basically a Kill Team that happened to line up with the Codex. Mind you, the existing Phobos units seem ideally suited to Kill Team. A Fire Team of Incursors/Infiltrators supported by a Fire Team of Eliminators.

The Heavy Intercessors were basically a Kill Team that happened to line up with the Codex. Mind you, the existing Phobos units seem ideally suited to Kill Team. A Fire Team of Incursors/Infiltrators supported by a Fire Team of Eliminators.

I would say Heavys were a new 40k unit crowbarred into KT box to gouge money

Bespoke Phobo kill team with unique sculpts would work. Sergeant options could double as characters.

Templars aside could a new unit come in next Kill Team warzone, easily a big seller at peak Christmas sales traffic time too?

Would have to buck Primaris loadout pattern slightly though to be much fun

I'd disagree about this, the Primaris Fire teams can already mix the available weapons for both Standard and Heavy Intercessors and for Reivers, so that's pretty supportable.

Also, based on the Goonhammer reviews the big thing that makes a difference is the "Equipment Options" and these are typically things that don't get represented at all at the 40k scale of things. So having team members with Scanners, Grenades, Suspensors, Scopes and other "kit" does still very much allow you to create individuals, but without the "I've taken all Gunners with Frag Cannons" issue.

Rik

for all people who may have problems with the BT release  .  .  .  .  

. .  .  .  take your first world gripes elsewhere please. Not even the Dark Eldar, before their own release, could call fowl on this release :wink:

Edited by Dracos

For me a codex is a codex and a supplement is a supplement. But in the other hand all new Supplements ( SW + BA + DA + DW ) are the "more unique" ones and if the rumors are true then the BT Supplement will be above that (because that many models they will recieve). So I am not sure how to treat this bet. 

for all people who may have problems with the BT release: 

I don't think anyone has a problem with the release, just some further expectations. There's quite a bit of the Dark Angels and Blood Angels catalogs especially that are older than the current firstborn Black Templar stuff, so for those chapters especially, some bars are now set as far as attention goes. Those two chapters are still rocking Chapter Masters from 2E 40k, so they're definitely expecting some attention sometime soon before those models hit 30 years old.

I would be wary of the mindset of Models -> 'Unique'

Dark Angels received no new models/kits in their supplement, whilst Blood Angels and Space Wolves did, but were considered the most 'unique' of those four, so clearly models/datasheets == unique metric isn't correct. This is something I've mentioned the Black Templar players be wary of since the BA/SW/DA/DW supplements started coming out, but I think it fell on deaf ears.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

But Dark Angel's got a Lt. and a New char, SW the same , BA aswell.

I'm sure they will expand upon them again, I never believed GW would not release chapter specific troops for chapters.

Model support is the only metric that counts. Look at the past 16th years, been quite a dry spell.

Next releases will be chapter specific troops I'm sure.

Edited by Sete

Have to agree, these BT releases opens the flood gate for chapter specific primaris units. No way we're not gonna see ones in red, dark green, grey etc next.

There's gonna be more generic primaris releases, and there's a few options I could think of (Full/redesigned surpressor kit? Outrider kit?), but none seem as pressing as the above.

Have to agree, these BT releases opens the flood gate for chapter specific primaris units. No way we're not gonna see ones in red, dark green, grey etc next.

There's gonna be more generic primaris releases, and there's a few options I could think of (Full/redesigned surpressor kit? Outrider kit?), but none seem as pressing as the above.

Lot of envy if BA get the first jump pack assault troops

I just want Primaris wielding Volkite Calivers with one that can upgrade to a Culverin or Dual Lightning Claws with Jetpacks. Very unlikely though.

In reality I'd think the next release would be a dedicated Flyer of some kind. Probably shaped like a brick and covered with guns to make it far too expensive to use outside of the most casual games.

I just want Primaris wielding Volkite Calivers with one that can upgrade to a Culverin or Dual Lightning Claws with Jetpacks. Very unlikely though.

In reality I'd think the next release would be a dedicated Flyer of some kind. Probably shaped like a brick and covered with guns to make it far too expensive to use outside of the most casual games.

You forgot the overpriced and undersized transport capacity

Wasnt expecting Black Templar flamers

Edited by Dark Shepherd