Next Primaris Reveal or Release (speculation)

Have to agree, these BT releases opens the flood gate for chapter specific primaris units. No way we're not gonna see ones in red, dark green, grey etc next.

There's gonna be more generic primaris releases, and there's a few options I could think of (Full/redesigned surpressor kit? Outrider kit?), but none seem as pressing as the above.

Lot of envy if BA get the first jump pack assault troops

It's 9th edition and Blood Angels already have their Supplement .... so .... it would seem Raven Guard might be the next best bet for that happening?

Have to agree, these BT releases opens the flood gate for chapter specific primaris units. No way we're not gonna see ones in red, dark green, grey etc next.

There's gonna be more generic primaris releases, and there's a few options I could think of (Full/redesigned surpressor kit? Outrider kit?), but none seem as pressing as the above.

Lot of envy if BA get the first jump pack assault troops

It's 9th edition and Blood Angels already have their Supplement .... so .... it would seem Raven Guard might be the next best bet for that happening?

Thematically yes but Raven Guard would be very low on the list of well selling chapters.

• 2 weeks later...

I still want to see an Outrider with a chariot style sidecar that you can set a model in. I mean really Kor'sarro Khan crosses the Rubicon, but no bike? I guess they wanted to sell Impulsors.

For Raven Guard I want Phobos with Jump Packs and melee weapons. Shrike is just too out of place. I mean look what they did with Imperial Fists. Did Lysander cross the Rubicon? No. They changed it up with Tor Garadon. My belief is that if melee jump pack Phobos marines were not in the works, they would have changed up the Raven Guard too.

I really want to see a Techmarine in a Warsuit. Imagine that for Iron Hands. Hell, put a Lieutenant or a Captain in a more melee-oriented Warsuit.

I really really want Primaris artillery. The servo turret was a nice try, but I want indirect fire. Give us an artillery piece like the Thunderfire Cannon but at a minimum of S5 and 4d3 shots with D1 and AP-1. Just put the Whirlwind Launcher on an Impulsor chassis and I will buy 2 as soon as they come out.

Totally with you on the Firestrike having a double-barrel mortar equivalent. S6 1d3+3 blast D2 48” range indirect

Give Reivers a jump pack and -1 AP +1attack combat knife and call it a day.

Jump pack for the Reivers yes. But maybe give them -1AP on the charge and/or on a 6 to wound. Y'know, give them a reason to take a Lieutenant like them.

What would really "fix" Reivers? Give them Primaris Combiweapons, even if they are one use only. One use only combis would better fit the stripped-down Bolt Carbine feel as well, and they are elites, like Sternguard, who can take combis as well.

How would people feel if reivers carbines were pistol 3 rather then assault 3 or had the ability similar to the dark angels tactical doctine to shoot in melee at a worse ballistic skill. I feel like reivers should be as close to the enemy as possible maybe a strategem like the deathguard break their spirits one to give a massive leadership modifier in addition to their base ability. Edited by ChargingSoll

• 3 months later...

Well who had

Gravis Captain with chainsword

Missile Launcher devastators

Heavy Dreadnought

As their guesses?

Only one of those I figured would come *eventually* was the Dreadnought and then maybe they would do something to represent the DI Gravis Captain's loadout but I'd already kind of lost hope for that by the time they announced it.

A Fire Support team with rockets/missiles? Nope, I was hoping for another Tacticus-armored FS team, but I had predicted they'd be armed with Grav-Rifles. It'll be interesting to see a squad of rocket boys done up Primaris-style.

It's just a datasheet, they could add whatever into a campaign book. I think their main goal with BA/SW/DA/DW and the beginning of the edition supplements was to get those separate codices retired.

pretty clearly, but its still doubtful they'll see a second update in this edition. Probably 10th before they get an update inline with what BT had.

Well who had

Gravis Captain with chainsword

Missile Launcher devastators

Heavy Dreadnought

As their guesses?

Only one of those I figured would come *eventually* was the Dreadnought and then maybe they would do something to represent the DI Gravis Captain's loadout but I'd already kind of lost hope for that by the time they announced it.

A Fire Support team with rockets/missiles? Nope, I was hoping for another Tacticus-armored FS team, but I had predicted they'd be armed with Grav-Rifles. It'll be interesting to see a squad of rocket boys done up Primaris-style.

Thought they might do a more close combat dread maybe at some point. Am very curious to see the dread as I love dreads but not a fan of the Redemptor model.

Very curmudgeonly when it comes to missile launchers but theyre popular so yay for everyone else. Also interested to see how they do the sergeant weapons as well as unit size

*checks warcom and finds nothing*

Did I miss something?

What’s this about a heavy dread and missile bois?

Yeah, what he said.

Valrak.

Redemptor with Multimelta and a somehow even bigger fist. That's a weird loadout considering what's already available, it puts the Plasma Annihilator out of business but I don't think that it ranks higher than the Dakka 'naught if it's giving up the mini Onslaught.

I doubt DA wants a new supplement as they sitting pretty right now .

I see no reason for us to need a new supplement. Some new datasheets would be cool if you want to do Primaris Ravenwing or Deathwing, but that wouldn't require a new book. Still can't play Primaris Deathwing/Ravenwing quite yet, but the existing DA specific stuff is a load of fun for those of us with the classic stuff or that don't mind mixing and matching.

pretty clearly, but its still doubtful they'll see a second update in this edition. Probably 10th before they get an update inline with what BT had.

I'd expect they might see a little bit of something this edition, but maybe not on those lines yet. It'd be really easy to add a Primaris Sanguinary priest or a character or something in a campaign book, a new datasheet or two wouldn't require the Supplement to be republished.

Dark Angels and Black Templars don't need new supplements as they have 9th edition books.

Chapters like Imperial Fists, Raven Guard, etc definitely do as they are lacking Crusade rules, have fallen behind the power curve and are coming up short by the standards of 9th edition books.

As for chapter specific units, it would be nice to get some!

Im excited to see all the new Crusade rules if they do something similar to 8th edition. E.g codex supplement for the rest of the founding chapters. Would also like to see how they progress lore wise in them.

Would also like to see them have unique units even if it's the same vain as the hounds of morkai and the primaris death company where its just a slightly different version of an existing unit just to lay the idea and foundation down.

I like veterans and would love to see more of them, even if it's just an upgrade sprue. Give us more power weapons like the black templars.

With things seeming to come full circle back to the Dark Imperium release with multipart versions of the Gravis Captain and Ancient, I'd be tempted to think that the context for this set of releases might be a "5th-anniversary celebration" for the Primaris line.

But of course the actual anniversary of Dark Imperium would be June. And we're still far enough away that anything due to be released in June wouldn't be getting revealed this early.

So maybe they're going to do a Countdown to the anniversary? With these (relatively few) models showing up in the spring as kind of a "housecleaning" affair to restore some OOP or PITA-to-acquire units to the line while adding some wargear options in the process... Hell, we could even see a box of multipose Outriders or Suppressors as part of this.

...and then the idea is that the "proper" Primaris wave in summer and/or fall will be the kickoff of the NEXT five years in Primarisland... I mean, 40K. With all-new units, not just new models of existing units. And this is probably where the new codex and supplements would drop.

Just speculating, obviously. But I do think the chances of seeing that generic "Space Marines upgrade kit" are looking good right now.

Redemptor with Multimelta and a somehow even bigger fist. That's a weird loadout considering what's already available, it puts the Plasma Annihilator out of business but I don't think that it ranks higher than the Dakka 'naught if it's giving up the mini Onslaught.

I would guess the trade off is more armor and harder hitting, but much shorter ranges. I'd guess:

• Gravis Captain and Ancient were meant to go with a new Ultramarine supplement, but the releases were separated due to changes in the book release schedule.
  • Long range missile troops will release alongside a new Imperial Fist supplement; maybe they get a special unit out of it, but I think they'd definitely get some bespoke strats for a unit that works so well with their Doctrine bonus.
  • Heavy dreadnought will be released alongside a new Iron Hands supplement. They can make dreadnoughts into characters, it's a dreadnought, 'nuff said.

Maybe there's also the Primaris Captain on Bike coming, too. That'd be the White Scars. I would think that Raven Guard are going to be last as it would take the most amount of time for all the people involved in decision making to come to a consensus on whether to follow up the jump pack design made specifically at the request of the designers of Space Marine 2 with actual Primaris jump units  to go with Raven Guard (as there's be no actual previous rumor or hint of such a unit being floated within the company; only forum folks assuming it must eventually come).

Edit: removed reference to banned person.

Edited by jaxom